• Go to page :
  • 1234 5
  • Text Only
Well, I once bought a suit for $666.

vipercon said:   caliness said:   I paid $999 on a 15" monitor in 2001

ha! I just went and looked up my Buy.com receipt when I got an awesome deal on a monitor. 17" for $999, also in 2001. Looks like I got 2 more inches than you! erm, wait...


Based on some of the ads I see on the Internet, $499.50 per additional inch is about the going rate.

cestmoi123 said:   vipercon said:   caliness said:   I paid $999 on a 15" monitor in 2001

ha! I just went and looked up my Buy.com receipt when I got an awesome deal on a monitor. 17" for $999, also in 2001. Looks like I got 2 more inches than you! erm, wait...


Based on some of the ads I see on the Internet, $499.50 per additional inch is about the going rate.


Thank God I didn't have to pay for it by the inch. I couldn't afford that!

over $1.5K on ammo

SUCKISSTAPLES said:   larrymoencurly said:   Bulletproofing a car.
For travel into Mexico ? What level armoring ? I'm looking to get a b6/b7 rated Mercedes


Too bad I didn't know you guys were in the market.
A friend recently sold his 740iL Protection for four digits.
I think one of his legal secretaries bought it.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/bmw-740il-protection-special...

lonestarguy said:   Blew $10 on a Rolex at a shop in NYC near Houston Street. Darn thing lost 15 minutes a day and the crown logo rattled around inside of it.....

heehee. My $11 Fauxlex has solid links in the band, is mechanical not quartz, and loses a bit less than a second a day at wrist temperature, or gains a couple of seconds a day if I leave it on my desk but keep it wound. Got it from a Hong Kong eBayer a couple of years ago, was not supposed to say Rolex on it. Bought another one and it came with legal and proper "Bagelsport" brand name on it. Accuracy on that one is a less impressive four seconds/day.

Spent $35k on my buddy's 2001 996 Turbo...spent another $60k building engine and modding

Back in the day on the weekend my brother and I would spend like 30-60 minutes to pay $4 to rent a new movie release overnight from Blockbuster video.

Maybe Blockbuster set the precedent for how much money folks are willing to shell out for a luxury...like a cup of coffee at Starbucks.

lonestarguy said:   Blew $10 on a Rolex at a shop in NYC near Houston Street. Darn thing lost 15 minutes a day and the crown logo rattled around inside of it.....

Didn't the Rolex warranty make it right?

The money for lawyers to rid myself of the psychotic ex.... Bullet would have been cheaper & oh-so-satisfying

mewhojen said:   The money for lawyers to rid myself of the psychotic ex.... Bullet would have been cheaper & oh-so-satisfying

I would visit you in prison

qcumber98 said:   mewhojen said:   The money for lawyers to rid myself of the psychotic ex.... Bullet would have been cheaper & oh-so-satisfying

I would visit you in prison
and I could help keep you out via insanity plea



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.