• Go to page :
  • 1234 5
  • Text Only
Don't get nasty, fellas. At least he's trying to try, it's better than a lot of people do.

naas said:   Don't get nasty, fellas. At least he's trying to try, it's better than a lot of people do.

No need to make excuses for him, he's making plenty for himself.

I been watching this thread since the start but never remembered to post.

I wanted to say to the OP, that you can check on eventbrite for truly free comedy shows in the area. I live in Hamilton, NJ and have been to a couple of them all over NJ. Some are truly free and some have a 2 item minimum.

http://www.eventbrite.com/org/1239340075?s=10171622

Sad to see that OP didn't really follow through with some of the great advice given here.

To all that gave said advice, I thank you and you have helped me turn myself around. I may be doing one of these oone day but my head is clear at least for a little longer.

**I have not read any recent posts because I've been out of state**

1) The car was purchased at the insistence of my mother. She will only drive to and from work during the week and on weekends I have to drive her. She wanted my to be in a car with a warranty and never liked my prior car.

2) I have been "renting" half a house from my parents for $360/month. It's next door to their house and because of their age they like knowing I'm nearby if they need me. What I pay them has been reduced to $100 and the other $260 is going to the car payment.

3) The Personal Loan I have is funded by a relative at 2% less than I could have gotten on the market. I went into business two years ago with another family member who ended up screwing me over and to prevent issues with the IRS and personal credit my relative funded what was needed to me.

4) Budget- 35% of my credit card expenses was going to gas, 15% was going to food purchases, 20% was going to clothing (Was losing rate at a rapid pace and had to buy new clothes) The other 30% I can't categorize yet but am working on it. I believe it was online purchases for my parents that I was never reimbursed for.

The Out of state travel was to "retrieve" my "uncle" (not real family member but close) who was supposed to be flying to Baltimore from Washington State. He made it as far as Dallas when he had a panic attack and would not get onto the next flight segment. I had to use the rest of my vacation time to drive out to Houston and pick him up. I did rent a car for this trip because I was NOT going to use my personal car.

I didn't WANT to do this but I was guilted into doing it in a way that only a Jewish mother can.

And YES he did pay for the car rental, fuel, food and lodging for me.

... and which family member do you rely on to brush your teeth in the morning?

"I didn't WANT to do this but I was guilted into doing it in a way that only a Jewish mother can".

This explains EVERYTHING !!!

Effectively, you got the car for free (still paying the old $360 for rent but just calling it $100 rent and $260 car). You have willing parents who seem to pay for whatever you need. They have a "willing" son who doesn't mind taking the financial help. What is the problem again?

Also has "family" that's not blood. Can you describe how not-quite-uncle got into this family? This thread should be in the HD forum

Did you figure out where your money is going yet? Have you gone further in or out of debt since you started this thread?

Rewdog said:   Did you figure out where your money is going yet? Have you gone further in or out of debt since you started this thread?

He won't go further into debt, cause mommy and daddy will take care of it.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014