• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
32 bonus credits awarded after spending $2,000 in first 3 months (worth 2 round-trip flights)

2 Business class upgrades after first purchase

$69 annual fee

Points transferable to Southwest RR

Link

Member Summary

AirTran A+ Chase Card (57.23kB)
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:

Great deal if bonus credits are transferrable to Southwest.

Air Trans Credits can be converted to SWA in increments of .25 credits.
The expiration date of newly created SWA Rapid Rewards Credits will be the same as the original expiration date of the A+ Rewards Credits converted.

Once you reach 16 total combined credits in your Rapid Rewards account, an Award will automatically generate, carrying an expiration date of one year from the date the Award was created.

Chase, stop it!!! You are killing me. You are offering so many great credit products that I can't resist and will apply for this one as well which will make 5 applications just in last 8 months plus $30,000 in 0% on Slate card for 15 months.

So would 32 credits get you 50,000 southwest RR points?

Just planning on cashing these out for gift cards if I can.

jacksodw said:   So would 32 credits get you 50,000 southwest RR points?

Just planning on cashing these out for gift cards if I can.


NO! Just read my post above here...you get 2 SWA flight awards that are automatically generated at the time you transfer.
You then have 1 year to use them.

sloppy1 said:   jacksodw said:   So would 32 credits get you 50,000 southwest RR points?

Just planning on cashing these out for gift cards if I can.


NO! Just read my post above here...you get 2 SWA flight awards that are automatically generated at the time you transfer.
You then have 1 year to use them.


Gotcha, so no gift cards out of this deal possible strictly free flying.

great deal OP. I can't do the deal, but would if I could. The closest SW airport is about an hour away. I could surely put these to good use.

Good deal, but I don't like how AirTran's A+ points automatically expire after 1 year, regardless of whether there's activity on your account or not. Seems pretty restrictive to me.

defjukie said:   Good deal, but I don't like how AirTran's A+ points automatically expire after 1 year, regardless of whether there's activity on your account or not. Seems pretty restrictive to me.

Elite status gives you 2 years, and you can transfer them to Southwest and back right now to renew your 1 year, assuming you have 16+.

fwiw tried to apply after having Barclays' AirTran Rewards and they declined me even before hitting me with a hard inquiry.

I found it kind of strange Chase cares I have a reward card from Barclays for the same reward program, but apparently they do.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014