• filter:
  • 14567 8
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
s3riously;18265032 said:
cdancer20;18264922 said:I am thinking about opening a Union Prepaid acct as well. Have people seen it to work pretty similar to Mango? Esp with the ability to ACH out and/or pay credit card bills via ACH? I can't find a thread dedicated to it only.
  
It works the same way as Mango.

  Thanks but now I am a little worried after seeing this:

"Your Union Plus Prepaid Card account and routing numbers are for loading your card through your bank account and to set up Direct Deposit Service. The use of these numbers for any other purpose may result in termination of your card account. (You can only transfer money from a bank account in your name.)"

Edit: Someone PM'd me.

rated:
Data Point : ACH pull works from Amazon Payments, although it takes 7 business days!

rated:
GoldDust said:   Data Point : ACH pull works from Amazon Payments, although it takes 7 business days!
  ACH pull takes a while no matter what financial institutions.

rated:
vagrants;18277836 said:
GoldDust;18274180 saidata Point : ACH pull works from Amazon Payments, although it takes 7 business days!
  ACH pull takes a while no matter what financial institutions.

  Depends on what you consider a long time.  A pull to one of my other accounts only took 2 business days.

rated:
cdancer20 said:   
vagrants;18277836 said:
GoldDust;18274180 saidata Point : ACH pull works from Amazon Payments, although it takes 7 business days!
  ACH pull takes a while no matter what financial institutions.

  Depends on what you consider a long time.  A pull to one of my other accounts only took 2 business days.

  That's nice! All my pulls from the AP take about a week. AP has lifetime limit of 10-bank account linking and I met that limit, so I can't do anything further.

rated:
vagrants;18278159 said:
cdancer20;18278055 said:
vagrants;18277836 said:
GoldDust;18274180 saidata Point : ACH pull works from Amazon Payments, although it takes 7 business days!
  ACH pull takes a while no matter what financial institutions.

  Depends on what you consider a long time.  A pull to one of my other accounts only took 2 business days.

  That's nice! All my pulls from the AP take about a week. AP has lifetime limit of 10-bank account linking and I met that limit, so I can't do anything further.

  Oh.  You were referring to AP ACH pulls take a while.  No experience with that.  I thought you meant pulls from Mango.

rated:
vagrants said:   
cdancer20 said:   
vagrants;18277836 said:
GoldDust;18274180 saidata Point : ACH pull works from Amazon Payments, although it takes 7 business days!
  ACH pull takes a while no matter what financial institutions.

  Depends on what you consider a long time.  A pull to one of my other accounts only took 2 business days.

  That's nice! All my pulls from the AP take about a week. AP has lifetime limit of 10-bank account linking and I met that limit, so I can't do anything further.

  
Interesting, I wasn't aware of that limit. Don't know why Amazon does that! ACH pushes are must faster, P2Ps are lightning fast. My P2P was once completed in under 20 mins.

rated:
GoldDust said:   
vagrants said:     That's nice! All my pulls from the AP take about a week. AP has lifetime limit of 10-bank account linking and I met that limit, so I can't do anything further.
 

  
Interesting, I wasn't aware of that limit. Don't know why Amazon does that! ACH pushes are must faster, P2Ps are lightning fast. My P2P was once completed in under 20 mins.

  It's somewhere in the T&C. I learned the hard way. I didn't know there was a limitation, and I started to look into it; and found it.

rated:
I have a question. Can you guys see the APY used for calculation. I talked to customer service and they were not helpful (and knowledgeable). I opened mine on 21 and then deposited about 500 on 23rd. I see an interest of about 55 cents. How is the interest calculated, is it on the balance at the end of the month or is it daily?

rated:
FWFfollower said:   I have a question. Can you guys see the APY used for calculation. I talked to customer service and they were not helpful (and knowledgeable). I opened mine on 21 and then deposited about 500 on 23rd. I see an interest of about 55 cents. How is the interest calculated, is it on the balance at the end of the month or is it daily?
  
.0583/365*7*500=.559 I guess technically they screwed you on the penny, but it looks right to me.

rated:
ajcp said:   
FWFfollower said:   I have a question. Can you guys see the APY used for calculation. I talked to customer service and they were not helpful (and knowledgeable). I opened mine on 21 and then deposited about 500 on 23rd. I see an interest of about 55 cents. How is the interest calculated, is it on the balance at the end of the month or is it daily?
  
.0583/365*7*500=.559 I guess technically they screwed you on the penny, but it looks right to me.

  Thanks... The deposit was lesser and made over different days. But the interest I earned is right for an APY of 5.83%... Thanks

rated:
I can ACH pull from Mango to:

NY 529 Savings
Penfed (only $50, but that's penfed's limit)

rated:
FWFfollower said:   
ajcp said:   
FWFfollower said:   I have a question. Can you guys see the APY used for calculation. I talked to customer service and they were not helpful (and knowledgeable). I opened mine on 21 and then deposited about 500 on 23rd. I see an interest of about 55 cents. How is the interest calculated, is it on the balance at the end of the month or is it daily?
  
.0583/365*7*500=.559 I guess technically they screwed you on the penny, but it looks right to me.

  Thanks... The deposit was lesser and made over different days. But the interest I earned is right for an APY of 5.83%... Thanks

"APY" is 6%. "Rate" is 5.85%.

https://www.mangomoney.com/customer-agreements/savings-account-c...

rated:
So I opened a UnionPlus prepaid account and was very disappointed to see that it doesn't connect with mint.com At least Mango does.

rated:
Has anyone tried using Google Wallet to transfer in money? (my bank account does not recognize the routing number). The (unhelpful) customer service agent said that as long as the money is coming from my "employer" that it should count as direct deposit - I am skeptical.

rated:
I've not done Google, but I have used regular ACH in and it works fine.

rated:
Try it and let us know.

rated:
I have transferred the requisite amount in to Mango via Google Wallet, enough to earn the $20 bonus and waive the $5 fee (all in the calendar month of February). I have not been charged the $5 fee for March, but I only opened the account on Feb. 20 - does this mean that GW works as a direct deposit method, or will the fee occur on March 20?

rated:
kyleboyd said:   I have transferred the requisite amount in to Mango via Google Wallet, enough to earn the $20 bonus and waive the $5 fee (all in the calendar month of February). I have not been charged the $5 fee for March, but I only opened the account on Feb. 20 - does this mean that GW works as a direct deposit method, or will the fee occur on March 20?
  My experience with Mango is that it's on a calendar month.  I opened my acct around the 25th of the month and then got charged $5 at the beginning of the next month cuz I hadn't loaded in the past 30 days.

rated:
I have had good luck using paypal to make p2p payment to myself each month for the $500 and then haven't been charged any service fees.

rated:
Update: I successfully transferred money in to Mango via Google Wallet. I have two separate google wallet accounts to transfer money from my credit union to Mango (for some reason my credit union doesn't recognize Mango as a legitimate bank).

I also successfully transferred money out of Mango, although it took approximately 7 days for the money to get from Mango to my google wallet account. It seems others have had difficulty removing their money from Mango, so perhaps this is a good alternative.

Once I build up the max 5k in my Mango account, I think I will just shuttle $500 back and forth between Mango and GW to ensure the 6% rate

rated:
kyleboyd said:   Update: I successfully transferred money in to Mango via Google Wallet. I have two separate google wallet accounts to transfer money from my credit union to Mango (for some reason my credit union doesn't recognize Mango as a legitimate bank).

I also successfully transferred money out of Mango, although it took approximately 7 days for the money to get from Mango to my google wallet account. It seems others have had difficulty removing their money from Mango, so perhaps this is a good alternative.

Once I build up the max 5k in my Mango account, I think I will just shuttle $500 back and forth between Mango and GW to ensure the 6% rate

  I can pull from Mango with my Sallie Mae banking acct and it takes the normal 2 days that all other bank accts take to Sallie Mae.  So 7 days seems pretty long.  Another good way is to pay a bill and ACH from the company website.  

rated:
How do I download this app to iPhone? I cannot find it when I search for mobile apps. Do I need to download it to my computer and then transfer the app to my iPhone in iTunes?

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014