• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
BenH said:   
wqshmswee said:   
toomatoo said:   anybody else unable to logon to mango website?
  They are changing the issuing banks:We are excited to announce that Mango is switching to a new Visa® card issued by Sunrise Banks, N.A. Starting July 30, upon approval, you can replace your old Mango Prepaid MasterCard® issued by First Bank & Trust, Brookings, SD free of charge by ordering a new Mango Prepaid Visa Card issued by Sunrise Bank, N.A. below.Once you receive your new card, you can access our completely new account center and mobile apps.

Where did you find that statement?  The web page is totally jacked up for me right now and I didn't get any email...

At least the good news is that it might just be switching hands and not shutting down as was surmised..

UPDATE:  Ah...found a new link to login:

https://rev.mangomoney.com/login

attached image of details

Will now be Visa instead of MC.

Yes, that is the new address.

rated:
Anyone find out what their "internal account number" or have luck ordering a new card?

rated:
BenH said:   Anyone find out what their "internal account number" or have luck ordering a new card?
  Only found a 12-digit account number, not a 14-digit internal number.

rated:
I believe that if the prepaid account is at $0, the monthly fee will send it into the negative. Does anyone know what happens for multiple months? Will it be a larger and larger negative balance, or will it stop at -$3?

I am moving all my prepaid cards to 4-5 NetSpend accounts and will not have enough right now for 3 more Mango/Union Plus accounts, but might in the future. It would be nice to leave the account open and empty if $3 will not be charged every month. If it will be charged, I will just close them.

rated:
They really fumbled the transfer on this one... in addition to not being able to find a 14 digit number, the link to Mango Cardholder Agreements on the transfer page (https://transition.mangomoney.com/upgrade/#) just pops up a javascript alert saying "Will link to Mango Cardholder Agreements"... I'm transferring the bulk of my money out of Mango, but leaving a small amount in the savings on the off chance that it will automatically create a new savings account for me in the new system as well.. and if not, then I guess I'll just get a check in the mail.

EDIT: I did manage to find a copy of what appears to be the new Cardholder Agreement here (although I could only get it to load the mobile version... doesn't look like the fee schedule really changed.

rated:
jshands said:   They really fumbled the transfer on this one... in addition to not being able to find a 14 digit number, the link to Mango Cardholder Agreements on the transfer page (https://transition.mangomoney.com/upgrade/#) just pops up a javascript alert saying "Will link to Mango Cardholder Agreements"... I'm transferring the bulk of my money out of Mango, but leaving a small amount in the savings on the off chance that it will automatically create a new savings account for me in the new system as well.. and if not, then I guess I'll just get a check in the mail.

EDIT: I did manage to find a copy of what appears to be the new Cardholder Agreement here (although I could only get it to load the mobile version... doesn't look like the fee schedule really changed.

Today is their cutover day, I'm not sweating it.  Do you really need to login TODAY?  I'm sure any use of your card or ACH transfers will still work in the meantime.

By next week this will all be resolved.

rated:
Working fine now. Was able to login to the new site just fine and order a new card

rated:
Just logged into the old site without an issue, though now I have to select that I have the older MC. A pop-up explaining what was going on came up automatically when I logged on with a button to order the new card.

*EDIT - And what's more it looks like they're allowing new sign ups again!  Wonder if it's still needed to use a different phone number to open a second account with the new bank?

rated:
So if we switch to Visa and activate by deadline, does the DD routing and account number change? Did not see that clearly spelled out

rated:
Just got the email - didn't see anything about the savings portion. Does anyone know if this new company/CC mean that the 5% will be going away?

rated:
Slider said:   So if we switch to Visa and activate by deadline, does the DD routing and account number change? Did not see that clearly spelled out
  Yeah that's a great point, I would be surprised if the routing info doesn't change with a new bank.  Although it is possible that they had a routing # just for the Mango branch and they are transferring it entirely to the new entity.
Once you get the new card and login to the new account center, validate the new DD info.

rated:
Any info on changes with Sunrise bank? I wonder if the direct deposit requirements and interest on savings account will change? Will the limit of 3 accounts per household continue?

rated:
On their website: The APY advertised of 6.00% applies only to the portion of your savings account balance, which is $1.00-$5,000.00; or 2.00% if you are not on Direct Deposit Service, or do not make a monthly minimum Direct Deposit of at least $500.00. An APY of 0.10% will be paid on the portion of your savings account balance that is $5,000.01-$10,000.00.

It looks like a $500DD per month is needed for the 6% Savings account now.

rated:
The $500 DD is a non starter if you can't withdraw the money for free using ACH. If I have to use the card to get the money out, I'm giving up 2% of the $500 because I won't be using my fidelity rewards card and earning 2% on those purchases. 2% of $475 (I've been using $25 DDs)  is $9.5. So it's like an additional $9.5/mo fee.

So now the calculation is $25 per month interest, at a cost of $12.5/mo in fees and lost CC rewards. That leaves $12.50 for me before I pay the taxes. My taxes on the whole $25 are $11.91 which leaves me with 59 cents per month or $7.08 per year for holding this account down from $115.08 per year after taxes, which was about 2.3%, which was not terrible.

Without the direct deposit it comes to $16.36/year after taxes which 0.32%.

Expect to be closing the Mango and UnionPlus cards as soon as this month's interest posts.

Is there a free way to close the account?

rated:
BUffetologist said:   The $500 DD is a non starter if you can't withdraw the money for free using ACH. If I have to use the card to get the money out, I'm giving up 2% of the $500 because I won't be using my fidelity rewards card and earning 2% on those purchases. 2% of $475 (I've been using $25 DDs)  is $9.5. So it's like an additional $9.5/mo fee.

You don't have use a debit card as a credit card. 

rated:
Slider said:   So if we switch to Visa and activate by deadline, does the DD routing and account number change? Did not see that clearly spelled out

"Card loads, including recurring direct deposits, to your Mango Prepaid MasterCard®, issued by First Bank & Trust, will not be available after August 31st, 2015 unless, upon approval, you obtain the new Mango Prepaid Visa card issued by Sunrise Banks, N.A. By opting for the new Mango Prepaid Visa card and activating it before August 31st, 2015, you ensure your Direct Deposit continues as scheduled. Converting to the Mango Prepaid Visa Card is easy. Just go to www.my.mangomoney.com, click on the Mango Prepaid MasterCard card, key in your current user name and password and follow the instructions. If you wish not to order the new Mango Prepaid Visa Card and currently receive recurring deposits (such as direct deposit loads) please make arrangements – as soon as possible - with your bank, payment provider or payroll department to stop those deposits from posting to the Card. Any recurring deposit initiated on or after August 31st, 2015 will be rejected and returned. "

rated:
BUffetologist said:   The $500 DD is a non starter if you can't withdraw the money for free using ACH. 
Where are you seeing that we can't ACH money out for free?

rated:
BenH said:   Posting here since there isn't a unique thread for MyUnionPlus Prepaid cards, which are another REV product (just like Mango).

Has anyone here opened a new account with them in the past few months? I opened one for both my wife and I 2-3 months ago.
They still haven't sent us cards, even though the accounts are funded. They cards are still showing as "Processing."
We don't *need* the cards, but I'm wondering if they aren't sending any out because they plan to shut down.

Any one have similar experience?

I had the same experience. I called them after 10 days and they insisted that I should wait longer. I told them to cancel the card and reissue it because its clearly lost in the mail. They supposedly reissued and I still never received the card. I started pulling money from them this month and moving it into another Netspend account. When this months interest posts, I'm just going to dump them.

rated:
wqshmswee said:   On their website: The APY advertised of 6.00% applies only to the portion of your savings account balance, which is $1.00-$5,000.00; or 2.00% if you are not on Direct Deposit Service, or do not make a monthly minimum Direct Deposit of at least $500.00. An APY of 0.10% will be paid on the portion of your savings account balance that is $5,000.01-$10,000.00.

It sure does.  Here is a screen shot from the old terms around March, and the new terms.  Both also list the $3 fee.

I can change my work DD back to them, but I would really rather not.  Did people have success doing ACH push from bank to count as DD?
If so, I might keep them around although now they are a bigger hassle.

rated:
Hah, talk about late to the party. I was just thinking about moving around 3k to these guys. BOA recently sold one of my checking accounts to some homeboy institution named Ameris and I can't think of any reason why I'd want to keep any money there.

rated:
BenH said:   
wqshmswee said:   On their website: The APY advertised of 6.00% applies only to the portion of your savings account balance, which is $1.00-$5,000.00; or 2.00% if you are not on Direct Deposit Service, or do not make a monthly minimum Direct Deposit of at least $500.00. An APY of 0.10% will be paid on the portion of your savings account balance that is $5,000.01-$10,000.00.

It sure does.  Here is a screen shot from the old terms around March, and the new terms.  Both also list the $3 fee.

I can change my work DD back to them, but I would really rather not.  Did people have success doing ACH push from bank to count as DD?
If so, I might keep them around although now they are a bigger hassle.

My ACH push from Alliant always worked for DD requirement.

rated:
simmias said:   
BUffetologist said:   The $500 DD is a non starter if you can't withdraw the money for free using ACH. 

The Cardmember agreement says it allows ACH debit on the card. 

Using Your Card. ....We will provide you our bank routing number and assign you an 16-digit Account Number. Our bank routing number and your 16-digit Account Number is available online at https://mango.prepaidchp.com/chp by logging in to your Card Account, and will be provided to you with your Card. The bank routing number and your assigned Account Number are for the purpose of initiating direct deposits to your Card Account and authorized ACH debit transactions only. The 16-digit Card Number embossed on your Card should not be used for these types of transactions or they will be rejected. You are not authorized to use the bank routing number and Account Number to make a debit transaction with a paper check, check-by-phone or other item processed as a check, or if you do not have sufficient funds in your account. These debits will be declined and your payment will not be processed and fees may apply.  

Also interesting, beyond the $500 monthly DD requirement to get the 6%, is that you can only move $1,700 per day from the card to the saving account. It doesn't mention anything around limits for the reverse. 

https://www.mangomoney.com/customer-agreements/savings-account-customer-agreement/ 

rated:
I take this to mean recurring bill payments that require a bank account like some utilities are allowed.

It would say ACH withdrawal or transfer if they were referring to pulls.

rated:
I used to ACH $500 to and from my Union Plus account every month to avoid the $2 fee. I figured that it was a 4.8% tax-free return at the margin for having that $500 tied up with monthly ACHs.

Mango used to be a 3.8% return after taxes (25% rate). Now it's down to 3.4% with $500 tied up to satisfy the DD requirement. NetSpend cards are a better deal at 3.7% after tax.

rated:
IndexCards said:   
simmias said:   

The Cardmember agreement says it allows ACH debit on the card. 

Using Your Card. ....We will provide you our bank routing number and assign you an 16-digit Account Number. Our bank routing number and your 16-digit Account Number is available online at https://mango.prepaidchp.com/chp by logging in to your Card Account, and will be provided to you with your Card. The bank routing number and your assigned Account Number are for the purpose of initiating direct deposits to your Card Account and authorized ACH debit transactions only. The 16-digit Card Number embossed on your Card should not be used for these types of transactions or they will be rejected. You are not authorized to use the bank routing number and Account Number to make a debit transaction with a paper check, check-by-phone or other item processed as a check, or if you do not have sufficient funds in your account. These debits will be declined and your payment will not be processed and fees may apply.  

Also interesting, beyond the $500 monthly DD requirement to get the 6%, is that you can only move $1,700 per day from the card to the saving account. It doesn't mention anything around limits for the reverse. 

https://www.mangomoney.com/customer-agreements/savings-account-customer-agreement/ 

I took this to mean that you couldn't do ACH pulls.

Have people generally been able to do ACH pulls to their bank accounts cost free? I thought early on those kinds of pulls got flagged as fraud and the accounts frozen.
That would improve the situation. I still have to close my wife's - she won't do DD.

rated:
BUffetologist said:   

Have people generally been able to do ACH pulls to their bank accounts cost free? I thought early on those kinds of pulls got flagged as fraud and the accounts frozen.
That would improve the situation. I still have to close my wife's - she won't do DD.

When DD was required, I had no issue with ACH pulling the DD amount to my Cap One 360 savings every month.

rated:
Pipboy said:   
BUffetologist said:   

When DD was required, I had no issue with ACH pulling the DD amount to my Cap One 360 savings every month.

The problem now is that the bank has changed from First Bank to Suntrust. Nobody knows how ACH will behave for this new bank.

rated:
Does anybody know if we use the old ACH info to pull $ out of our account?

rated:
vagrants said:   

"Card loads, including recurring direct deposits, to your Mango Prepaid MasterCard®, issued by First Bank & Trust, will not be available after August 31st, 2015 unless, upon approval, you obtain the new Mango Prepaid Visa card issued by Sunrise Banks, N.A. By opting for the new Mango Prepaid Visa card and activating it before August 31st, 2015, you ensure your Direct Deposit continues as scheduled. Converting to the Mango Prepaid Visa Card is easy. Just go to www.my.mangomoney.com, click on the Mango Prepaid MasterCard card, key in your current user name and password and follow the instructions. If you wish not to order the new Mango Prepaid Visa Card and currently receive recurring deposits (such as direct deposit loads) please make arrangements – as soon as possible - with your bank, payment provider or payroll department to stop those deposits from posting to the Card. Any recurring deposit initiated on or after August 31st, 2015 will be rejected and returned. "

I have been earning interest at the higher rate without DD.  So what?  Nowhere does it say they will not continue to pay interest on the old cards, so I don't get why people are cancelling now.

rated:
That doesn't appear to be the complete email. I haven't received the full email, but it was posted on Bogleheads and includes this paragraph:

"If you choose to not activate the New Mango Prepaid Visa Card, issued by Sunrise Banks, N.A., your Mango Prepaid MasterCard issued by First Bank & Trust, along with your savings account, will be closed on October 1st, 2015. Any remaining funds on your card or in your savings account will be provided to you via a check which will be mailed to you between October 14th, 2015 and October 23rd, 2015."

rated:
US1549 said:   Does anybody know if we use the old ACH info to pull $ out of our account?
  I can confirm that I successfully ACH pulled money out of my account since the option to order a new card has been available. I submitted the ACH on Friday and it was processed last night, normal timeline for the weekend.

rated:
Ketawa said:   That doesn't appear to be the complete email. I haven't received the full email, but it was posted on Bogleheads and includes this paragraph:

"If you choose to not activate the New Mango Prepaid Visa Card, issued by Sunrise Banks, N.A., your Mango Prepaid MasterCard issued by First Bank & Trust, along with your savings account, will be closed on October 1st, 2015. Any remaining funds on your card or in your savings account will be provided to you via a check which will be mailed to you between October 14th, 2015 and October 23rd, 2015."

Thanks Ketawa and this is correct.  I had not read the linked message that accompanied the email.  Looks like the best approach is to do nothing, since this way you collect interest for both August and September and then they mail you a check.  Works for me.

rated:
Is the interest still posted monthly rather than quarterly?

rated:
Planning to get this card now that the registration is active. Can someone confirm if Ally works as a Direct Deposit?

rated:
carefreeninja said:   Planning to get this card now that the registration is active. Can someone confirm if Ally works as a Direct Deposit?
  It did before but if you read above, they haven't required DD for a long time because they instituted a monthly fee. You probably won't find out if it works until next month when interest is posted.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2015