• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Got the same email. Click the link, put in the last four of your social, then you can download your 1099.

rated:
Also got the same email. I figure since I only needed to put in the last four of my social it was worth the risk. Now just need the 1099 from the previous bank since I can no longer see the older statement.

rated:
BUffetologist said:   Just reopened. Routing number seems to be for Eastbank not Sunrise. Any body else have an Eastbank routing number?

I signed up for my Mango card and got my account up and running around the 15th of this month (approximately). I noticed as well that when I put in the routing number into my Ally account, it came up with the name as Eastbank, not Sunrise. On the paper that came in the mail with the card under the routing number it stated that it was a Sunrise account. This worried me a little but I figured maybe they were just joint banks or something. All deposits have gone through so I guess everything's ok, but wondering if anyone knows what this is about.

rated:
markzab79 said:   
BUffetologist said:   Just reopened. Routing number seems to be for Eastbank not Sunrise. Any body else have an Eastbank routing number?

I signed up for my Mango card and got my account up and running around the 15th of this month (approximately). I noticed as well that when I put in the routing number into my Ally account, it came up with the name as Eastbank, not Sunrise. On the paper that came in the mail with the card under the routing number it stated that it was a Sunrise account. This worried me a little but I figured maybe they were just joint banks or something. All deposits have gone through so I guess everything's ok, but wondering if anyone knows what this is about.

There was a previous mention of East Bank here.  You can read through a handful of posts after that discuss the "old" and "new" Mango routing numbers, which seem interchangeable so far.  You can also do a current google search on the routing number you're using and see what pops up.  

rated:
markzab79 said:   

Ally is returning the old bank name for that routing number.
Inactive as of July 20, 2009 
EastBank is no longer doing business under that name because it has been merged or acquired without government assistance. See the successor institution Sunrise Banks, National Association (FDIC #: 18561)

https://research.fdic.gov/bankfind/detail.html?bank=35576&name=E...

rated:
anyone receive 1099's for mastercard mango (i.e. first bank and trust?)

rated:
mooingmooseman said:   anyone receive 1099's for mastercard mango (i.e. first bank and trust?)
  Not yet..

rated:
mooingmooseman said:   anyone receive 1099's for mastercard mango (i.e. first bank and trust?)
I haven't. I emailed Mango Support on 1/19 and asked them when 1099-INT's would be available, as well as whether they would be providing them for the old MasterCard accounts in addition to the Visa accounts. I received a response on 1/20 saying they were looking into it, and once they had a response they would contact me. Well, I never received a response, but this weekend I did receive the email link to the Sunrise Bank 1099-INT. No instructions or communication regarding the old First Bank & Trust accounts.

I emailed Mango Support again on 1/30, stating that I had received the 1099-INT for the Visa account and inquiring as to when I could expect to receive one for the old MasterCard accounts. I received a response that same day in which I was told that in order to request a 1099 for the Visa MasterCard accounts, I needed to call their call center at 1-877-896-2646.

That number results in an automated voice menu, but if you stick with it you'll eventually have the option to connect to a live customer service rep. The one I spoke to sounded Indian, and had a heavy accent. I had to verify my identity by giving her my old Visa MasterCard account number, as well as my old username and login credentials. Thankfully, I still had a record of both. She seemed unfamiliar with what the IRS was or what a 1099 form was, but she offered to take my information down, communicate my request to "upper management", and told me that I could expect a call back with an answer. I made the call on 1/30 and am at this point waiting and hoping to hear back.

I believe the IRS deadline for banks to provide 1099-INT forms is 2/1, so it'll be interesting to see if something turns up either in the mail or electronically at some point tomorrow or the day after. I'll be monitoring this thread for updates and will provide feedback if there are any new developments on my end.

rated:
If you want to do your taxes at the first possible moment, just add up the interest from your statements and report it. You don't need to include a copy of a 1099 with your taxes. If you don't have the statements and a calculator, you'll just have to wait. The deadline for banks to send out 1099s is Jan 31st (or the following business day). I don't think FB&T will contract out online delivery or provide a web site for download since they no longer have a means to confirm your email address to notify you. That means they have until tomorrow to drop them at the USPS. Anybody setup overnight delivery?!?! Didn't think so. Give it a few days and stop losing so much sleep over it.

rated:
wyle1 said:   If you want to do your taxes at the first possible moment, just add up the interest from your statements and report it. You don't need to include a copy of a 1099 with your taxes. If you don't have the statements and a calculator, you'll just have to wait. The deadline for banks to send out 1099s is Jan 31st (or the following business day). I don't think FB&T will contract out online delivery or provide a web site for download since they no longer have a means to confirm your email address to notify you. That means they have until tomorrow to drop them at the USPS. Anybody setup overnight delivery?!?! Didn't think so. Give it a few days and stop losing so much sleep over it.

where are you getting the statements from?

rated:
mooingmooseman said:   
wyle1 said:   If you want to do your taxes at the first possible moment, just add up the interest from your statements and report it. You don't need to include a copy of a 1099 with your taxes. If you don't have the statements and a calculator, you'll just have to wait. The deadline for banks to send out 1099s is Jan 31st (or the following business day). I don't think FB&T will contract out online delivery or provide a web site for download since they no longer have a means to confirm your email address to notify you. That means they have until tomorrow to drop them at the USPS. Anybody setup overnight delivery?!?! Didn't think so. Give it a few days and stop losing so much sleep over it.

where are you getting the statements from?

They were downloadable from the old site anytime before it closed.  The site is no longer active.

rated:
If you use Mint - you can get the data there also. That's what I used to total up my interest from the MC accounts.
I believe the requirement is postmarked by 1/31 for tax info. But who knows with them, and I'd rather not wait on 'em.

rated:
Since Union is gone now, does anyone have 3 Mangos?

rated:
cdancer20 said:   
surfstar said:   
jamesfatwallet said:   anyone received interest w/o paying the monthly fee?

There is no way around the $3 monthly fee.
A small ACH load ($5) still seems to qualify for the DD requirements and get you the 6% interest, though.

Offhand, anyone else unable to login to Mango recently? I keep getting a "Internal general failure" on login attempts for all accounts.

IDK how but I haven't paid the fee in about 5-6 months (since I converted).  I "think" the trick may be to not have any money in the prepaid account at the end of the month when the fee hits.  Unlike the old Mango, it doesn't make your account go negative.

I left $1 in the prepaid account and they took it as "monthly fee".  No negative balance and I received full interest.  Think I will just leave the prepaid account zeroed out from now on as cdancer does.

rated:
How does one get a second Mango with the same telephone number?

rated:

I (obviously) do not have a copy of my MasterCard statements, or this issue would be moot. I don't know what gave you the impression that I was losing sleep over this, but let me assure you that I am not. I simply wanted to post my experience in the hope that it would save someone else from jumping through the same hoops that I have.

rated:
BUffetologist said:   How does one get a second Mango with the same telephone number?
Getting a different # is not a problem. How does one get a second Mango with the same SSN?  

rated:
This month (Jan) I only got 2%, did they start to check the DD amount? I was doing only 100 with capone.

rated:
I'm new to the whole Mango/prepaid card thing. Is there a list somewhere of the different possible prepaid cards one can sign up for? At a maximum, how much money can out put at work with these cards in aggregate - like $20k-$25k ?

Also, does applying for any of these prepaid cards require a CHEX inquiry?

Thanks.

rated:
freebirdy said:   This month (Jan) I only got 2%, did they start to check the DD amount? I was doing only 100 with capone.
  i got 6%, i did 500

anyone else do < $500?

rated:
mooingmooseman said:   
freebirdy said:   This month (Jan) I only got 2%, did they start to check the DD amount? I was doing only 100 with capone.
  i got 6%, i did 500

anyone else do < $500?

$500 DD or ACH?  

rated:
mooingmooseman said:   
  i got 6%, i did 500

anyone else do < $500?

I tried doing a $5 deposit on one of my accounts, but only received 2% interest.

rated:
Does the interest pay out monthly?

rated:
ken62310 said:   Does the interest pay out monthly?
  Yes, it posts to the savings account at the end of the month.  (I'm surprised this isn't actually in the thread summary ...  Fixed)

rated:
Received my 1099 from Rev Worldwide today. Postmarked February 2nd.

rated:
DPG said:   Received my 1099 from Rev Worldwide today. Postmarked February 2nd.
  thanks for the heads up!

rated:
Me too. 1099 showed up today from Rev.

rated:
millervtranger said:   so with the new program can you have more than one card per "person"? I hope so, I live in vermont, before only mango and union plus worked, so I had a total of 3 between them, but before I try for more figured i'd ask if there are people who tried that yet. Unfortunately I can't do any of the other 5% cards, so I have to maximize mango accounts...not sure if the limit is by ss number, address, email, phone number, etc?
  Since no one has addressed this with Mango under the new bank, figure I should add to the cause.  I was able to open a second account using the same social, address, email, and phone number.  I did have to open a second online account though, which I was hoping to avoid since I purposely used all the exact same info.  

rated:
robbierob03 said:   
millervtranger said:   so with the new program can you have more than one card per "person"? I hope so, I live in vermont, before only mango and union plus worked, so I had a total of 3 between them, but before I try for more figured i'd ask if there are people who tried that yet. Unfortunately I can't do any of the other 5% cards, so I have to maximize mango accounts...not sure if the limit is by ss number, address, email, phone number, etc?
  Since no one has addressed this with Mango under the new bank, figure I should add to the cause.  I was able to open a second account using the same social, address, email, and phone number.  I did have to open a second online account though, which I was hoping to avoid since I purposely used all the exact same info.  

Last week, I opened a second Mango account.  I used a different email address; not to be tricky, just transitioning certain things to a separate email.  Same SSN, name, phone #, and mailing address.  Received "welcome, your card is on its way" email, but too soon to get card and test activation.  I think others *have* mentioned getting more than one Visa Mango card before.  Don't know if I would have opened an account just as an experiment.  $3/mo fee with no interest is definitely not the FW way.  

rated:
wyle1 said:   
robbierob03 said:   

Last week, I opened a second Mango account.  I used a different email address; not to be tricky, just transitioning certain things to a separate email.  Same SSN, name, phone #, and mailing address.  Received "welcome, your card is on its way" email, but too soon to get card and test activation.  I think others *have* mentioned getting more than one Visa Mango card before.  Don't know if I would have opened an account just as an experiment.  $3/mo fee with no interest is definitely not the FW way.  

Sounds interesting, please update us on how it works out!

rated:
How many 1099int you guys received from the old Mango bank? I used to have 2 accounts ( mango, myunionprepaid), but only received 1 form 1099int. Can anyone share any info on this? Thanks

rated:
DFW06 said:   How many 1099int you guys received from the old Mango bank? I used to have 2 accounts ( mango, myunionprepaid), but only received 1 form 1099int. Can anyone share any info on this? Thanks
  I received only one 1099-INT from Rev Worldwide. It combined two Mango and one Union Plus accounts.

rated:
I know people are starting to open multiple Mango accounts, here is a word of caution, I had more than one and they locked them all because they say people can only have 1. I have been trying to get my money out for the past 3 weeks unsuccessfully so far. They were active for a couple of months before this happened

I used different addresses / emails / phone numbers but same SSN

rated:
surfstar said:   
jamesfatwallet said:   anyone received interest w/o paying the monthly fee?

There is no way around the $3 monthly fee.
A small ACH load ($5) still seems to qualify for the DD requirements and get you the 6% interest, though.

Offhand, anyone else unable to login to Mango recently? I keep getting a "Internal general failure" on login attempts for all accounts.

I have had Mango since early 2011; for the first time in 5 years, I just got that, "Internal General Failure. Please try again later or contact your system administrator (A80000)" error message. Not only that--just before trying to login, I hit a brick wall trying to process a payment with the Mango Visa on a Facebook game app (namely Candy Crush LOL). Earlier today, I was able to process the payment just fine. Bottom line--I HATE the transition Mango made going from Mastercard to Visa. Have had little annoying issues here and there ever since. SMH I may be looking for another prepaid debit card if this mess continues. Anyone know a good one?

rated:
Annnnnnddddddd JUST like that--after I posted my complaint about my inability to process a payment AND login to the Mango website, I was able to do both--within 1-2 minutes later. LOLOLOLOL

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016