• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
GamingPhenom said:   Does anyone know when I need to activate the Visa card by in order to keep the account?
   ~~
Someone posted this above.  I was looking for the same thing.

"Card loads, including recurring direct deposits, to your Mango Prepaid MasterCard®, issued by First Bank & Trust, will not be available after August 31st, 2015 unless, upon approval, you obtain the new Mango Prepaid Visa card issued by Sunrise Banks, N.A. By opting for the new Mango Prepaid Visa card and activating it before August 31st, 2015, you ensure your Direct Deposit continues as scheduled. Converting to the Mango Prepaid Visa Card is easy. Just go to www.my.mangomoney.com, click on the Mango Prepaid MasterCard card, key in your current user name and password and follow the instructions. If you wish not to order the new Mango Prepaid Visa Card and currently receive recurring deposits (such as direct deposit loads) please make arrangements – as soon as possible - with your bank, payment provider or payroll department to stop those deposits from posting to the Card. Any recurring deposit initiated on or after August 31st, 2015 will be rejected and returned. "

rated:
cdancer20 said:   
GamingPhenom said:   Does anyone know when I need to activate the Visa card by in order to keep the account?
   ~~

"Card loads, including recurring direct deposits, to your Mango Prepaid MasterCard®, issued by First Bank & Trust, will not be available after August 31st, 2015 unless, upon approval, you obtain the new Mango Prepaid Visa card issued by Sunrise Banks, N.A. By opting for the new Mango Prepaid Visa card and activating it before August 31st, 2015, you ensure your Direct Deposit continues as scheduled. Converting to the Mango Prepaid Visa Card is easy. Just go to www.my.mangomoney.com, click on the Mango Prepaid MasterCard card, key in your current user name and password and follow the instructions. If you wish not to order the new Mango Prepaid Visa Card and currently receive recurring deposits (such as direct deposit loads) please make arrangements – as soon as possible - with your bank, payment provider or payroll department to stop those deposits from posting to the Card. Any recurring deposit initiated on or after August 31st, 2015 will be rejected and returned. "

I just ordered the Visa card last night. It probably won't even come by 8/31/15. I wonder what will happen.

rated:
GamingPhenom said:   
cdancer20 said:   
   ~~

"Card loads, including recurring direct deposits, to your Mango Prepaid MasterCard®, issued by First Bank & Trust, will not be available after August 31st, 2015 unless, upon approval, you obtain the new Mango Prepaid Visa card issued by Sunrise Banks, N.A. By opting for the new Mango Prepaid Visa card and activating it before August 31st, 2015, you ensure your Direct Deposit continues as scheduled. Converting to the Mango Prepaid Visa Card is easy. Just go to www.my.mangomoney.com, click on the Mango Prepaid MasterCard card, key in your current user name and password and follow the instructions. If you wish not to order the new Mango Prepaid Visa Card and currently receive recurring deposits (such as direct deposit loads) please make arrangements – as soon as possible - with your bank, payment provider or payroll department to stop those deposits from posting to the Card. Any recurring deposit initiated on or after August 31st, 2015 will be rejected and returned. "

I just ordered the Visa card last night. It probably won't even come by 8/31/15. I wonder what will happen.

I assume that if you ordered it, that's fine.  The account isn't closing on August 31st.  That's just the last day that they say you can do any external transactions with that account.

rated:
mooingmooseman said:   has anyone tried ACH pull using the new routing number yet? feel like it hasn't been made clear whether earlier pulls failing were due to the transition or because they purposely stopped this functionality
I had no luck even setting up the link with Ally with the new number, let alone getting to the point where I could pull.  Didn't try any other banks.

rated:
According to FQF, Union Plus is closing down:

http://freequentflyerbook.com/blog/2015/8/24/personal-finance-di...

See the comment section.

I haven't received any notification via e-mail or otherwise. Have others? If so when were they dated and what do they say?

rated:
BenH said:   According to FQF, Union Plus is closing down:

See the comment section.

I haven't received any notification via e-mail or otherwise. Have others? If so when were they dated and what do they say?
I think someone posted the email notification several pages back. This news came before the Mango card change news did. I got either an email or a letter in the mail.

rated:
<rant> Okay, so... My phone call to Mango was about one of the most painful. Can't understand the CSR at all, they can hear you fine until they don't want to answer a question then ask you to repeat until you want to scream </rant>

Anyways, I am gathering that they are thus far still using the First Bank & Trust routing from recent posts on here. I converted my card over on 08/11. Does anyone know if the $500 DD requirement has to post within August? I can push $500 to be safe but I was unable to get a real answer from them regarding the First Bank vs Sunrise Bank ACH routing misinformation from them.

rated:
cdancer20 said:   

See the comment section.

I think someone posted the email notification several pages back. This news came before the Mango card change news did. I got either an email or a letter in the mail.

Perhaps is was because I've only had my account for a short time?  I still haven't gotten cards even though I spoke with them and they said they would send new ones and never mentioned anything about closure.

Can someone please provide the details of the e-mail, specifically dates of closure?
Do they have a migration plan like Mango or are they just shutting down?

thanks.

(I checked back to Feb. in the thread and other than one brief mention of someone receiving an e-mail, no one has posted anything)

rated:
BenH said:   
cdancer20 said:   

See the comment section.

Perhaps is was because I've only had my account for a short time?  I still haven't gotten cards even though I spoke with them and they said they would send new ones and never mentioned anything about closure.

Can someone please provide the details of the e-mail, specifically dates of closure?
Do they have a migration plan like Mango or are they just shutting down?

thanks.

(I checked back to Feb. in the thread and other than one brief mention of someone receiving an e-mail, no one has posted anything)

Posted here in July.  I assume nothing else to discuss other than what is said in the email. 
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1235341/m19139190/#m1913... 

rated:
cdancer20 said:   
  Posted here in July.  I assume nothing else to discuss other than what is said in the email. 
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1235341/m19139190/#m1913...

Thanks very much (guess I should have tried to expand posts from ignored users...forgot about that).

rated:
Has anyone else received the new Mango card but haven't activated it yet? I got a phone call today supposedly from Mango. I think they were trying to remind me to activate my new card but when I listened to the message I could barely hear the guy. I don't remember giving them my number and to make it even more strange they called me on my cell which I never give to any business.

rated:
andrey2506 said:   I called to close Mango account last week since it's not worth the hassle for me with these new updates. An Indian guy on the line told me the representative will contact me in two business days to finalize account closure. Three business days have now passed and no calls from Mango. Is my account closed or not? Does anyone have any experience?

I called to close 5 days ago and got the same message, someone will call you in 2 business days. Nothing yet but when I log on to the account it shows this, "Please note that the card is not in a "serviceable" status. A new card need to be issued in case and you are interested to get a working card.".

I drained my account to a zero balance before calling to close, which I'm happy I did after dealing with their customer service thus far. 

rated:
s3riously said:   <rant> Okay, so... My phone call to Mango was about one of the most painful. Can't understand the CSR at all, they can hear you fine until they don't want to answer a question then ask you to repeat until you want to scream </rant>

Anyways, I am gathering that they are thus far still using the First Bank & Trust routing from recent posts on here. I converted my card over on 08/11. Does anyone know if the $500 DD requirement has to post within August? I can push $500 to be safe but I was unable to get a real answer from them regarding the First Bank vs Sunrise Bank ACH routing misinformation from them.

FWIW, my $500 ACH push using original FB&T acct/routing # did successfully make it to the newly activated account.

rated:
s3riously said:   
s3riously said:   <rant> Okay, so... My phone call to Mango was about one of the most painful. Can't understand the CSR at all, they can hear you fine until they don't want to answer a question then ask you to repeat until you want to scream </rant>

FWIW, my $500 ACH push using original FB&T acct/routing # did successfully make it to the newly activated account.

I scheduled a credit card payment (pull) from PenFed's web site using the old acct/routing as it was already set up on PenFed.  I will report back what fun may or may not happen next week...

rated:
My wife had twins earlier this month and things have been a bit of a blur. A friend at work knew I had an account that earned 6% interest but he didn't remember the name. He looked up Mango after I told him the name and he mentioned that it required $500/month in DD. I freaked out a little so I did a little research and saw this went back at least 15 pages in this thread and I'm feeling a little overwhelmed. My boys are going to wake up soon to eat so I just don't have the time to read through all of the posts. Would someone suggest what they would do if they're just hearing about this now for the first time and have done nothing so far? Thanks.

rated:
MoogLiberation said:   My wife had twins earlier this month and things have been a bit of a blur. A friend at work knew I had an account that earned 6% interest but he didn't remember the name. He looked up Mango after I told him the name and he mentioned that it required $500/month in DD. I freaked out a little so I did a little research and saw this went back at least 15 pages in this thread and I'm feeling a little overwhelmed. My boys are going to wake up soon to eat so I just don't have the time to read through all of the posts. Would someone suggest what they would do if they're just hearing about this now for the first time and have done nothing so far? Thanks.
I just don't want to deal with $500 DD and $3 monthly fee. So I will wait for Mango to close my account and send me a check. In the meantime, my account is still earning the 6% interest until the end of Sept. They will close your account in October if you do not convert it to the new one.

rated:
wqshmswee said:   MoogLiberation said:   My wife had twins earlier this month and things have been a bit of a blur. A friend at work knew I had an account that earned 6% interest but he didn't remember the name. He looked up Mango after I told him the name and he mentioned that it required $500/month in DD. I freaked out a little so I did a little research and saw this went back at least 15 pages in this thread and I'm feeling a little overwhelmed. My boys are going to wake up soon to eat so I just don't have the time to read through all of the posts. Would someone suggest what they would do if they're just hearing about this now for the first time and have done nothing so far? Thanks.
I just don't want to deal with $500 DD and $3 monthly fee. So I will wait for Mango to close my account and send me a check. In the meantime, my account is still earning the 6% interest until the end of Sept. They will close your account in October if you do not convert it to the new one.

Is it still as easy/free for me to just transfer the money each month to another bank?

rated:
MoogLiberation said:   
wqshmswee said:   
MoogLiberation said:   My wife had twins earlier this month and things have been a bit of a blur. A friend at work knew I had an account that earned 6% interest but he didn't remember the name. He looked up Mango after I told him the name and he mentioned that it required $500/month in DD. I freaked out a little so I did a little research and saw this went back at least 15 pages in this thread and I'm feeling a little overwhelmed. My boys are going to wake up soon to eat so I just don't have the time to read through all of the posts. Would someone suggest what they would do if they're just hearing about this now for the first time and have done nothing so far? Thanks.

Is it still as easy/free for me to just transfer the money each month to another bank?

Not as easy based on the previous posts.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2015