• filter:
  • 1891011 12
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Is there a list of banks that will take the Mango routing number and that will qualify for the 6% rate? Just tried to add Wells Fargo and Bank of America with a test account and neither would work.

rated:
robbierob03 said:   Is there a list of banks that will take the Mango routing number and that will qualify for the 6% rate? Just tried to add Wells Fargo and Bank of America with a test account and neither would work.
  No but we could start one.

1. Sallie Mae
2. Alliant

rated:
MoogLiberation said:   I received a 1099 from Rev Worldwide today and from a little Googling this looks like it's from Mango, right?

Yes, I received two - one for Mango and one for Union Plus. Both from REV WORLDWIDE INC.

rated:
robbierob03 said:   Is there a list of banks that will take the Mango routing number and that will qualify for the 6% rate? Just tried to add Wells Fargo and Bank of America with a test account and neither would work.
  I don't get what you mean exactly. Are you trying to add Mango prepaid/checking as an external account to your Bank of America? I was able to push to Mango and pull from Mango, from my BoA.

rated:
MoogLiberation said:   
Also, they put the interest earned in the "Interest on US Savings Bonds and Treas. Obligations". This should have been in the "Interest Income" box, correct? If that is in fact incorrect, does Mango need to send out a corrected 1099 or can I just correct this myself when filing my taxes?

Same here, I'm also used to seeing the amount in Box 1 (Interest Income) on other 1099-INT's. But not sure if it would make a difference?

rated:

Barclays Personal Savings (success)
Alliant Savings (success)
Chase Checking (no, they locked my account for trying to link it)

rated:
Since WF and BOA didn't work for me, has anyone had success with Ally, Discover Bank, or Fidelity Brokerage/Cash Account?

rated:
Updating this as I go - Fidelity recognized the routing number but is making me mail in a form.

rated:
Anyone having problems signing up? It stated my SSN or birthday was wrong. I used their 'contact us' form and got an undeliverable e-mail. Frustrating.

rated:
robbierob03 said:   Since WF and BOA didn't work for me, has anyone had success with Ally, Discover Bank, or Fidelity Brokerage/Cash Account?
  Discover Bank allowed me to add the account and has started the trial deposit verification process.  I'll attempt to add the account using Ally later today.

On another note I wonder if the (or one of the) issue with verifying the Mango account is that it's immediately negative as soon as it opens?  As a fraud protection measure, I have to admit I'd be wary as a bank to allow verification of a "checking" account that has a negative balance.

rated:
robbierob03 said:   
robbierob03 said:   Since WF and BOA didn't work for me, has anyone had success with Ally, Discover Bank, or Fidelity Brokerage/Cash Account?
  Discover Bank allowed me to add the account and has started the trial deposit verification process.  I'll attempt to add the account using Ally later today.

On another note I wonder if the (or one of the) issue with verifying the Mango account is that it's immediately negative as soon as it opens?  As a fraud protection measure, I have to admit I'd be wary as a bank to allow verification of a "checking" account that has a negative balance.

Both Discover Bank and Ally were successfully added through the trial deposits.  I'll break my deposit up into two transfers to try for the $20 opening bonus.  Hopefully one of these two banks count for the 6% rate monthly.

rated:
Finally decided to sign up for this.

I added the account to Navy FCU successfully (they don't require trial deposits). I did then two ACH pushes on two different days to Mango and both posted the next business day. Now I will wait and see if they count as DD and maybe even get the bonus.

I also noticed that the savings account does not show up in Mint. Apparently it once did but something changed recently.

rated:
DPG said:   Finally decided to sign up for this.

I added the account to Navy FCU successfully (they don't require trial deposits). I did then two ACH pushes on two different days to Mango and both posted the next business day. Now I will wait and see if they count as DD and maybe even get the bonus.

I also noticed that the savings account does not show up in Mint. Apparently it once did but something changed recently.

Yea I have been challenged with getting it to work with Yodlee.  Currently its working the last couple days.

rated:
  Yes.

http://thefinancebuff.com/mango-prepaid-card-6-apy-savings-account-a-hidden-gem.html

rated:
cdancer20 said:   
  Yes.

http://thefinancebuff.com/mango-prepaid-card-6-apy-savings-account-a-hidden-gem.html

Thanks for this!  The list seems to almost match up with my experience where Wells Fargo and BOA didn't work, but Discover Bank did.  Not sure if it's YMMV or not, but Ally worked for me and I couldn't get Fidelity to link the account.

Either way this is a great starter list for people.

rated:
robbierob03 said:   
cdancer20 said:   
  Yes.

Thanks for this!  The list seems to almost match up with my experience where Wells Fargo and BOA didn't work, but Discover Bank did.  Not sure if it's YMMV or not, but Ally worked for me and I couldn't get Fidelity to link the account.

Either way this is a great starter list for people.

Did any of you get the 2% rate on the savings because you did not have a d.d. or ACH-in? Curious to know what would happen if you don't setup anything after the initial deposit.

rated:
I just wanted to add, I did get the $20 direct deposit bonus. Of course I am using my work's DD which lets me put just a portion of my paycheck in each pay period. But how I had read other posts was that even if you had a work DD you still might not get the bonus, but it worked without issue for me.

rated:
tjguitar85 said:   Anyone having problems signing up? It stated my SSN or birthday was wrong. I used their 'contact us' form and got an undeliverable e-mail. Frustrating.
  I had the same problem and called their customer support. In terribly broken English, the guy suggested I try using Chrome or Firefox. I had been using Safari. Figured he was full of it and just trying to get me off the phone but I tried again with the same info in Chrome and it worked.

rated:
Unable to sign up after several attempts

We are unable to process your request for a Mango Card at this time. Some of the identification information you provided could not be validated.

You may want to check the information you entered and try again. Thank you.

Keep in mind some common errors:

Did you use a nickname? We need you to provide your full legal first and last name.
Did you enter your social security number correctly?
Did you enter your date of birth correctly?

rated:
dboston1 said:   tjguitar85 said:   Anyone having problems signing up? It stated my SSN or birthday was wrong. I used their 'contact us' form and got an undeliverable e-mail. Frustrating.
  I had the same problem and called their customer support. In terribly broken English, the guy suggested I try using Chrome or Firefox. I had been using Safari. Figured he was full of it and just trying to get me off the phone but I tried again with the same info in Chrome and it worked.

I used both those browsers and IE. Same problem. Oh wlel.

rated:
tjguitar85 said:   Anyone having problems signing up? It stated my SSN or birthday was wrong. I used their 'contact us' form and got an undeliverable e-mail. Frustrating.
  Have you tried pron mode?  (Private browsing or some such in IE and incognito mode for Chrome.  I'm sure Firefox has something similar.  

rated:
I had the same error when signing up for Mango for a couple of days. All the info was correct but the system was giving me "SNN or DOB is incorrect" error. What I did is I put my apt number in the address line together with the street name and my SSN with dashes (it did not specify how to put it in, so I assumed no dashes first, wrong!). After I made these changes, it went through smoothly. Hope it helps.

rated:
I was never able to get the $20 bonus for workplace direct deposit. They seem to have staff who check it, or at least an automated system that doesn't allow bank - two bank transfers to be valid. They went so far as to call Alliant Credit Union to ask if I was employed there after I questioned why it was not giving me the bonus.

rated:
Just to confirm another: I've been using a DD from a Fidelity Cash Account, and it's been working fine.

rated:
FreeJason said:   I was never able to get the $20 bonus for workplace direct deposit. They seem to have staff who check it, or at least an automated system that doesn't allow bank - two bank transfers to be valid. They went so far as to call Alliant Credit Union to ask if I was employed there after I questioned why it was not giving me the bonus.

Does it say "PAYROLL@..." in the description for your workplace d.d.? For me it says so. For transfers it says "TRANSFER@..." or "ONLINE XFR@BANK OF AMERICA"

I called in for my bonus and they saw the PAYROLL keyword and put me on a hold for 1-2 mins and gave me an instant credit.

rated:
Using my work direct deposit it says "EFT Load - <number>:DIR DEP@<Employer>"

rated:
My transfer into Mango from Alliant is "EFT Load - <number>:ONLINE WD@Alliant CU"

I'm assuming that since it doesn't say PAYROLL or DIR DEP I won't get the bonus.

rated:
Not IME, but you will get the 6%. 

rated:
6% APY interest posted today. I made two ACH pushes from NFCU during the month.

rated:
andrey2506 said:   I had the same error when signing up for Mango for a couple of days. All the info was correct but the system was giving me "SNN or DOB is incorrect" error. What I did is I put my apt number in the address line together with the street name and my SSN with dashes (it did not specify how to put it in, so I assumed no dashes first, wrong!). After I made these changes, it went through smoothly. Hope it helps.

Tried all of these - same error. Oh well.  

rated:
I made 3 ach push, 2 $50 and 1 $5k from alliant, the interest posted today, only got 2% .

rated:
bingunginteresque said:   I made 3 ach push, 2 $50 and 1 $5k from alliant, the interest posted today, only got 2% .
  It sounds like you're just starting out. Was the $5k in the account for the entire month?

rated:
They will be sending out corrected 1099 Int with interest where it belongs

rated:
2tiger said:   They will be sending out corrected 1099 Int with interest where it belongs

I received my corrected form the other day in the mail.

rated:
I'm also unable to get past the verification. Tried everything that was suggested. My girlfriend isn't able to open an account either. I've even used our last address (we recently moved in November). Huge bummer...

rated:
I received the "corrected" forms from Mango too.

Quick question, I have both unionprepaid and mango accounts. They sent 2 from 1099-int for each accounts. They are from the same bank. So when using TurboTax, should I list both amount seperately or combine them together as from one payer.

rated:
bingunginteresque said:   I made 3 ach push, 2 $50 and 1 $5k from alliant, the interest posted today, only got 2% . 

which bank did you use for ach?

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2015