• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
millervtranger said:   
HoMeZ said:   I keep getting the following error when trying to create a savings account “There was an error trying to create your savings account.”

Do I need to activate the actual card that they send in the mail first? I’m not at home so I didn’t get the card yet.

I created a savings account, and moved money in and out, without having activated the card since it did take 2 weeks to arrive

Thanks for the data point. Makes me a bit more worried now.

I did create a Mango and Union account on the same day. I hope that didn't mess things up.

rated:
i did all 3 (2 mango, 1 union) on the same day too. once you get in a groove it was easy just to do the same thing. Now, i didn't create the savings account until after I had like $50 ACH'd over from ally to the prepaid account (2 different deposits, not that it seems to have gotten me the $20 DD bonus, but I don't care much about that). you start out with a 0/-3 balance in those accounts until that money hits, that might stop you from having a savings account if you haven't done that yet?

the limit I hit was that ally only lets you do 6 free ACH pushes per statement, and I already made one more than that to get the 3 X 2 DD pushes and one $5K push, so only one account is funded for this month, won't get the rest of the $5K in the other two accounts until next month...but at least the hard part is done (setting up everything).

Next step is to see if I can replicate this for others in my household.

rated:
Thanks. I'll have to call them up to find out what's going on.

rated:
How long does it take for the $20 bonus to post after the DD? It's been a little over a week and nothing yet.

rated:
One questions

Are there any sign up offers for this?

rated:
US1549 said:   How long does it take for the $20 bonus to post after the DD? It's been a little over a week and nothing yet.
  I think I read up thread that you get it after the statement closes.

rated:
and I never got my DD deposit bonus..it wasn't a real DD so maybe that's why? anyway, you do this for the interest, not the DD bonus (if you get it great).

stan: the "sign up offer" is the DD bonus.

rated:
Sorry for the bump... I got both a security error, and then could not get the account open... help?  Triplechecked all of the info, tried in multiple browsers, etc..

We are unable to process your request for a Mango Card at this time. Some of the identification information you provided could not be validated.  .

You may want to check the information you entered and try again. Thank you.

Keep in mind some common errors:

Did you use a nickname? We need you to provide your full legal first and last name.
Did you enter your social security number correctly?
Did you enter your date of birth correctly?

rated:
jd2010 said:   Sorry for the bump... I got both a security error, and then could not get the account open... help?  Triplechecked all of the info, tried in multiple browsers, etc..

We are unable to process your request for a Mango Card at this time. Some of the identification information you provided could not be validated.  .

You may want to check the information you entered and try again. Thank you.

Keep in mind some common errors:

Did you use a nickname? We need you to provide your full legal first and last name.
Did you enter your social security number correctly?
Did you enter your date of birth correctly?

I got the same error.. trying to sign up as well.

rated:
I got the security error yesterday so didn't bother with signing up. It seems to be fine today.

rated:
I've been getting the identification error mentioned above as well as another general error

"
An error has occurred

An unexpected error has occurred. Sorry for the trouble. If this problem persists, please contact customer service.

Reference code:
"

This error tends to be given after I've already made a previous attempt. Perhaps a duplication prevention? I do notice that on repeated attempts it does not generate a new email confirmation. I suspect the second error could be related to that.

-  This is for account in spouses name.  I had no issues on my own.   -  I have been entering dashes in the social as previously suggested and even went so far as to look at credit report to verify address format.

rated:
How many Mango accounts can one SSN have? I'm single, so no SO to use.

rated:
StartByServingOthers said:   I've been getting the identification error mentioned above as well as another general error

"
An error has occurred

An unexpected error has occurred. Sorry for the trouble. If this problem persists, please contact customer service.

Reference code:
"

This error tends to be given after I've already made a previous attempt. Perhaps a duplication prevention? I do notice that on repeated attempts it does not generate a new email confirmation. I suspect the second error could be related to that.

-  This is for account in spouses name.  I had no issues on my own.   -  I have been entering dashes in the social as previously suggested and even went so far as to look at credit report to verify address format.

This website is garbage... tried everything, dashes, no dashes, +4 zipcode, not +4 zipcode, APT # in the main address line, apt not in main address line, all caps, not all caps, dashes in SSN, etc.

From what Ive heard calling in is 100% worthless because the CSRs are as incompetent as the website.

rated:
I can confirm that USAA works with Mango. I am able to ACH money in and out, and the ACH in counts as a "direct deposit" for purposes of the 6% interest (like many others, I never got my $20 bonus for setting up direct deposit).

rated:
I haven't been on this thread for a while, but I just was reading the last few posts and I think there might be a misconception.

You do NOT need to continue DD in order to receive the 6%. I believe this was true prior to them instituting the monthly fee, although I'm not sure.

I used to transfer $500/month from PayPal MyCash loads to avoid the monthly fee, but I have not made a single payment to my Mango account since 10/14.

Every month I get ~$24-25 in interest income.

rated:
I just read through this thread, so am I correct in understanding that with Mango, it's a limit of three account per address? For example, if I open three under my name, my spouse cannot open any?

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2015