• filter:
  • 178910 11
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
rebelx said:   Where do we confirm the interest on the Mango Savings? I'm not seeing any addition for it... unless it's a quarterly thing (in which case, is it average daily balance that's used for the interest calculation?)
† It is monthly. Click the "Mango Savings" at left side of screen. There is a "Statement For" dropdown box where you can select to view a specific month.

rated:
I'm in. Gonna try funding with Sallie Mae to see if it qualifies as DD. If not I will open an Alliant account and fund with that.

rated:
What happens if Mango goes out of business owing money to creditors? I know the bank behind Mango is FDIC insured, but Mango itself isn't a bank. I don't think they could claim my money is their asset. It would be the end of 6% interest for sure. But they have no rights to the money in the savings account(nor the money on the prepaid card for that matter)? Right? From what I gave read they are not always so cooperative regarding draining your account. If they are bankrupt, and their website is down and no one answers the phone....? Call the bank itself??

rated:
cameron2003 said:   I'm in. Gonna try funding with Sallie Mae to see if it qualifies as DD. If not I will open an Alliant account and fund with that.
They both go in as EFT, but Alliant goes in to Mango as an "online WD" and Sallie Mae goes in as a "deposit".†† These are just the test deposits not the funding.
Dec 11† EFT Load - ONLINE WD@Alliant CU.
Dec 09† EFT Load - DEPOSIT@SALLIE MAE BANK††
Dec 09† EFT Load - DEPOSIT@SALLIE MAE BANK

rated:
cameron2003 said:   
cameron2003 said:   I'm in. Gonna try funding with Sallie Mae to see if it qualifies as DD. If not I will open an Alliant account and fund with that.
They both go in as EFT, but Alliant goes in to Mango as an "online WD" and Sallie Mae goes in as a "deposit".†† These are just the test deposits not the funding.
Dec 11† EFT Load - ONLINE WD@Alliant CU.
Dec 09† EFT Load - DEPOSIT@SALLIE MAE BANK††
Dec 09† EFT Load - DEPOSIT@SALLIE MAE BANK

††I transferred my initial funds in from Sallie Mae.† No idea though if I am enrolled in Direct Deposit.† I tried asking them in email, but they don't answer account related questions that way.† I am hesitant to call in case they ask if its really from my workplace.† Is it advisable to just wait and see what interest is credited, or is calling to confirm this no big deal?

rated:
go ahead give them a call. they only have 2 employees, might as well put one of them to work

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014