• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
inkjet740 said:   Thanks for your reply. I finally found a little button to click for the saving account statement, where it listed my current APY about 2%. I thought someone mentioned earlier that they still got 6% during the transition although they did not do the $500 DD. Maybe just my bad luck. My old Mango master debit card was linked to Ally, and ACH transactions between Ally and Mango went fine. Then I made one pull from Mango to Ally in early Sep. It failed and Mango account was suspended from Ally. I asked Ally to remove the Mango external link. After I activated the new visa prepaid, I tried to add the Mango back. Ally did not allow me to do so, since the exactly same account (same routing number and account number) was suspended before. That is why I tried to link Chase. So far it did not seem promising.†
† I posted that I still got 6% for August without any DD. †I transferred to Visa mid-August. †For Sept, I did do a $505 DD (ACH from Ally using old routing number) and got 6% interest. †I think August was a "grace period" for the Visa DD requirement (or possibly your individual transfer month).

andrey2506 said:   
Greatness said:   
andrey2506 said:   My account is still in suspended status with no access to the money. It's been more than a month(!) since I requested closing my Visa Mango account soon after the switch from MC. I called Mango once and then called and emailed Sunrise Bank executive office last week to no avail. The response at Mango was "wait for a call to finalize the closing of your account" while at Sunrise "we'll look into this matter". I filed a Federal Reserve complaint a couple of days ago. We'll see how it goes.
They are holding your money?

† Yes, they are. I don't have access to my money since August 18 when I called to cancel the card. The account shows up†online†as suspended (whatever that means). I called them again a few days ago and now they claim the account was actually closed on August 18 and I have to wait 4-6 weeks after that to get the check in the mail. I was too fast to convert to visa back then without realizing there was no way to pull money out at the time.

† I'm guessing you completely confused their system by closing your Visa account shortly converting from MC, probably in the midst of the actual transfer from MetaBank to Sunrise. †Hope it gets resolved for you soon.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
    Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2015