• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Speedway said:   A month ago, I got an offer for 5% off all purchases up to a $25 rebate.

Apparently they won't offer the gift card if that rebate was chosen.

BTW... I already got my $25.

I don't think there's a correlation. Of my four BofA cards, two had gotten an Q4 x% off offer, two didn't. The one card that got the $5 g/c offer was one of the ones that received a % off offer (and which I had accepted). The two cards that had received no % off offer didn't get the $5 g/c offer.

Chris.

cpaynter said:   Speedway said:   A month ago, I got an offer for 5% off all purchases up to a $25 rebate.

Apparently they won't offer the gift card if that rebate was chosen.

BTW... I already got my $25.

I don't think there's a correlation. Of my four BofA cards, two had gotten an Q4 x% off offer, two didn't. The one card that got the $5 g/c offer was one of the ones that received a % off offer (and which I had accepted). The two cards that had received no % off offer didn't get the $5 g/c offer.

Chris.

There's definitely no correlation. I only have one BofA card that I use only when they have the 5% Cash Back up to $25 offers (they offer it pretty much every quarter). The last one I got runs until the end of 2012 and I still got the $5 gift card. I think it really just depends on usage patterns.

Got - "2500 Bonus Miles for $500 Holiday spend"

Worked for me ($5 card). Thanks, OP!

-mike

My Cash Returns card has nothing.

My other BOA card has an offer for...wait for it...to "upgrade" to a Cash Returns card.

Got bupkis on 2 BOA cards.

1 for 3... but I'll definitely take a $5 GC for doing nothing. Thanks OP!

I got an offer for $10 and chose Target. Today I received a $5 Starbucks card instead.

Can you even buy anything in Sawbucks for $5 anymore?

Oh well, free is free I guess, but really?

$10 my choice and still waiting for the $10 sbux.

Even though I choose Macy's or may be target but today I got $10 Starbucks card in mail . No complaining, free is Free.

Received a letter from BoA apologizing for the mix up along with a $10 target GC.

Nice going BoA

I chose Starbucks and got a Target card. I was really hoping for a free grande eggnog latte with extra whip cream.

Bank of America must have read my reply because I just got a $5 Starbucks card in the mail. I love when banks make mistakes like this.

bobley said:   No GC. Offered 5x points on retail purchases.

Same here. 5% CB on all "retail" purchases (described as "from gas stations to restaurants to just about anything") until March 31.

This is on a card I haven't used in literally years - an old "Bank Americard Reward Platinum Plus Visa." Not worth it, honestly given that the rewards are "World Points" which suck major balls.

JTausTX said:   bobley said:   No GC. Offered 5x points on retail purchases.

Same here. 5% CB on all "retail" purchases (described as "from gas stations to restaurants to just about anything") until March 31.

This is on a card I haven't used in literally years - an old "Bank Americard Reward Platinum Plus Visa." Not worth it, honestly given that the rewards are "World Points" which suck major balls.

Well, yeah, but they're worth at least half a ball. The minimum redemption is $12.50 for 2,500 points (effectively 1/2 cent per point). So spend $500 and get $12.50 back, that's 2.5% CashBack, which isn't terrible considering it's on everything. Or keep saving those points up on special offers and get better redemption values. Take full advantage of this promo, and you'll have 3,125 points. If you happen to have a few hundred existing points already, for 3,750 points you can get a $25 Visa/MC gift card, which comes out to 3.33% CashBack. Or go for the gold at 25,000 points and you'll get $250, or a penny per point, which would truly make this promo 5% CB, or $31.25 for signing up for this promo. That'd be very much worth it for me. After Q1, I should be at 14,391 points, all earned on special offers. I'm shooting for the 25,000 point mark. Hopefully I'll make it before my points start expiring in 2015 (that would require just two more of these quarterly promos in the next 2 1/2 years). Otherwise I'll cash out at the most profitable increment.

Chris.

I got this:

3% Cash Back Holiday Offer 2012-12-31
Congratulations! You have successfully activated the 3% Cash Back offer. Now simply use your credit card on these qualifying travel purchases and earn 3% Cash Back (up to $25) through March 31, 2013:
Airfare Hotels Travel Agencies Car Rentals Cruises

Oh wow, a whopping $25 Cash Back on travel. LOL!

Same here: Enrollment successful
Congratulations! You have successfully activated the 5% Cash Back offer. Now simply use your credit card for these qualifying everyday purchases and earn 5% Cash Back (up to $25) through March 31, 2013:
Gas Stations Grocery Stores Drug Stores Restaurants
We appreciate your business and invite you to continue to experience all your account has to offer.

But how to redeem it? I can't find the CashBack links for my Student Platinum Plus Visa Card.

JTausTX said:   bobley said:   No GC. Offered 5x points on retail purchases.

Finally got the GC I originally post. Took forever but I'm not complaining Mine was only $5. Glad a lot of you found that you got that or even more from this link.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.