• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
I worked for an insurance company and I settled diminished value claims on a regular basis. Since, I've gone into it full time & started my own site to give appraisals.

It sounds like you have a valid claim to me. You just need to know that dim value is tough to negotiate just because of the wide array of opinions on it. You should get an appraisal from someone and present it to the liable insurance company along with a demand letter.

Then, follow-up by phone a few times until you get a decent offer. Considering that your repairs were so high as a percentage of your ACV, your dim value claim would be higher.....maybe 15-25% of the pre-loss value.

Good luck.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014