• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
frenchylarue said:   Agree with the suggestion to start the policy (make sure it is cancellable), pay monthly.

What do you need life insurance for, and how much do you need?

If you can't get good rates anywhere else due to driving record, and you do need life insurance, you might look into a group policy. Rates aren't fantastic usually, but probably better than beamalife. Do you belong to any professional organizations? AAA? Your college? Other? I often see fixed group rate offers in the mail. Perhaps take one of those policies until the accidents fall off your driving record, then shop for a preferred rate policy.

Agree with driving school. Maybe also check your tires and brakes, and buy new sticky tires if needed. Much improves your stopping distance. My last accident occurred when someone stopped dead on a freeway onramp in light rain. I was driving my wife's car, and she hadn't replaced the nearly bald tires I had been bugging her about. Skidded right into that Volvo. (Wife's front bumper disappeared, found it _inside_ the Volvo after much looking, the rear hatch had popped open, eaten the bumper, and slammed closed.)

Why should he pay monthly? If he cancels, he would still get the unused premiums returned. Group coverage won't be guaranteed issue and the driving issue most likely will still come up.

BrodyInsurance said:   pashu said:   Thanks all for your responses and it is giving me more fodder to talk to Beemalife and explore other companies. And yes, I am being honest about my health and prior violations. The mention of MIB and the fact I need to necessarily obtain a 100K insurance at $50 per month scared me off. Also for 40+ age, I did not see better rates on my research (i was being quoted $56 p.m. for $1 MM insurance) and here I simply went trusting beemalife that they would have explored those options as eventually they will make a commission only if I buy insurance. If there are any suggestions to explore, let me know. And yes, I realize that I should be drive more safely and am working on it. and stay away from beemalife.

Do you smoke? Insurance companies can't make money by giving people terrible offers. You have to fill us in here. Something is absolutely not adding up. It may be that there is something that is a big issue and you don't think that it's an issue. You may not be telling us everything or the agent isn't telling you everything or something.

I can't figure it out, but I do know that if it is nothing more than the driving violations, you can get decent coverage from someone, but you should give the business to someone else since Beemalife didn't help you like they should.

It is not "terrible offers" . They were trying to scare me into buying an expensive policy so that MIB is not filed and I am not blacklisted and prevented from purchasing any life insurance policy for a long time. Thanks for telling me that all this sounds so outrageous that u can't believe it. I can explore other life insurance companies. And i am not a terrible need for life insurance right now. So I guess I will ask them to taker a walk for now and explore options couple of years down the line when these black marks on driving records become dated.

SUCKISSTAPLES said:   Please take a driving class , you are not a safe driver and are risking injury to yourself and othersAlso, consider buying new, stickier tires, and brakes if necessary. Good tires can make a huge difference in stopping distance.

Bizatch said:   See this thread to better understand why OP was rejected..Because he drives a car ?

Because he's been in two at fault accidents , cited for improper driving (just a step below reckless) and is more likely to kill himself than a good driver

We are talking about life insurance. That has nothing at all to do with health insurance

pashu said:   BrodyInsurance said:   pashu said:   Thanks all for your responses and it is giving me more fodder to talk to Beemalife and explore other companies. And yes, I am being honest about my health and prior violations. The mention of MIB and the fact I need to necessarily obtain a 100K insurance at $50 per month scared me off. Also for 40+ age, I did not see better rates on my research (i was being quoted $56 p.m. for $1 MM insurance) and here I simply went trusting beemalife that they would have explored those options as eventually they will make a commission only if I buy insurance. If there are any suggestions to explore, let me know. And yes, I realize that I should be drive more safely and am working on it. and stay away from beemalife.

Do you smoke? Insurance companies can't make money by giving people terrible offers. You have to fill us in here. Something is absolutely not adding up. It may be that there is something that is a big issue and you don't think that it's an issue. You may not be telling us everything or the agent isn't telling you everything or something.

I can't figure it out, but I do know that if it is nothing more than the driving violations, you can get decent coverage from someone, but you should give the business to someone else since Beemalife didn't help you like they should.

It is not "terrible offers" . They were trying to scare me into buying an expensive policy so that MIB is not filed and I am not blacklisted and prevented from purchasing any life insurance policy for a long time. Thanks for telling me that all this sounds so outrageous that u can't believe it. I can explore other life insurance companies. And i am not a terrible need for life insurance right now. So I guess I will ask them to taker a walk for now and explore options couple of years down the line when these black marks on driving records become dated.

"Terrible offers" is about the insurance company. "Scaring you" is about the agent.
Find a new agent and get insurance now. If you are being completely honest with us you should be insurable now with good rates.

At this point, i really doubt we have the full story. While im no fan of bad insurance agents, im starting to wonder if this is really a convenient excuse.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014