• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Text

Main points (other T&C listed at link above):
Annual Membership Fee: $0 Intro fee for the first year. After that, $95
Earn 5x points on first $50,000 of office supply purchases and phone/cable/internet services
Earn 2x points on first $50,000 of gas and hotel reservations (directly thorough hotel)

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I think they meant $5000 in Visa GCs from office supply store

KYBOSH (Jun. 17, 2013 @ 5:04p) |

None. Been dead for awhile.

If you haven't been keeping track, OM has been running a Visa/MC special for the last 2 week... (more)

stm69 (Jun. 19, 2013 @ 3:41p) |

Myself and wife approved. Both got "we are reviewing your application..." but approved after waiting 1 day and calling a... (more)

marble123 (Jun. 19, 2013 @ 4:03p) |

  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Remember the card holders agreement states you will not use this for non business expenses. As a result, I doubt most people here could achieve the $5000 spend without violating the TOS.

foglem said:   Remember the card holders agreement states you will not use this for non business expenses. As a result, I doubt most people here could achieve the $5000 spend without violating the TOS.

Unless you actually have a business (which is the requirement for opening), in which case spending $5000 will happen quickly. Moreover, if you own a business, than almost anything can be considered a necessary expense.

For this card, the best "necessary" expense are office supplies. Just buy $5000 in gift cards from your local office supply store, and you get 75,000 points, which at the very minimum is worth 750 in cash, but can be worth much more if used right/sold.

is this their regular bonus offer? i remember seeing this offer for a while...no?

Got both bonuses last statement

catbertsf said:   is this their regular bonus offer? i remember seeing this offer for a while...no?

The offer recently changed from a 10k spend to this one with a 5k spend. Same amount of points though.

If I had the Chase Ink Bold business card previously (but cancelled it), how long do I have to wait before I can open one again and get the sign up bonus?

Silverthunder said:   If I had the Chase Ink Bold business card previously (but cancelled it), how long do I have to wait before I can open one again and get the sign up bonus?

no clear answer. but you can signup for the Plus (different product - credit card instead of charge card, but same benefits and same signup bonus).

imbatman said:   Silverthunder said:   If I had the Chase Ink Bold business card previously (but cancelled it), how long do I have to wait before I can open one again and get the sign up bonus?

no clear answer. but you can signup for the Plus (different product - credit card instead of charge card, but same benefits and same signup bonus).

Exactly. I did it for my wife, approved with no issues. I am planning to do it for myself once an annual fees kicks in next month.

JuNooNi said:   imbatman said:   Silverthunder said:   If I had the Chase Ink Bold business card previously (but cancelled it), how long do I have to wait before I can open one again and get the sign up bonus?

no clear answer. but you can signup for the Plus (different product - credit card instead of charge card, but same benefits and same signup bonus).

Exactly. I did it for my wife, approved with no issues. I am planning to do it for myself once an annual fees kicks in next month.


hmmm...had no idea you could get both. thanks batman.

Chase is stingy about giving you the same product again. But they're quite generous when it comes to applying for a different product (even though it may appear very similar)

imbatman said:   Chase is stingy about giving you the same product again. But they're quite generous when it comes to applying for a different product (even though it may appear very similar)

they mentioned on the phone when I got my bold in early Jan that "you know this is a charge card, right?" I said "yes" and moved on. But i'm thinking it might be a good excuse in a few months to say "well, i'd really like to have a CC instead of a charge card," considering i'm probably going to have to talk to an individual to get the CL moved.

hebron1427 said:   imbatman said:   Chase is stingy about giving you the same product again. But they're quite generous when it comes to applying for a different product (even though it may appear very similar)

they mentioned on the phone when I got my bold in early Jan that "you know this is a charge card, right?" I said "yes" and moved on. But i'm thinking it might be a good excuse in a few months to say "well, i'd really like to have a CC instead of a charge card," considering i'm probably going to have to talk to an individual to get the CL moved.

Same here. I had to call reconsideration when I applied and again got connected with a CSR when I called to activate my card, and both calls I was asked if I realized this was a charge card.

And I've read on some of the blogs of others doing exactly what you said if they were asked why they were applying for more business credit. Sounds like the best answer in this case.

For those who have done this, how quickly did the bonus post after hitting the min spend?

JeebusSaves said:   For those who have done this, how quickly did the bonus post after hitting the min spend?

The next statement

what's the best number to call to speak to reconsideration department? All that I see is a general number for applications, 800-436-9416.

I see the newest (on chase.com) offer is 0% for 6 months...is this true with this offer too?

jaytrader said:   I see the newest (on chase.com) offer is 0% for 6 months...is this true with this offer too?
That would be for the Ink Plus card, which is a credit card.
Ink Bold is a charge card, and by nature, you have to pay in full each statement. So to answer your question, no you can't get 0% for any months with the Chase Ink Bold card.

imbatman said:   jaytrader said:   I see the newest (on chase.com) offer is 0% for 6 months...is this true with this offer too?
That would be for the Ink Plus card, which is a credit card.
Ink Bold is a charge card, and by nature, you have to pay in full each statement. So to answer your question, no you can't get 0% for any months with the Chase Ink Bold card.


Yeah, sorry. I had a few threads from here and flyertalk opened. I guess I confused the two, as I was reading a bunch of posts regarding the Ink cards. I messaged Chase and they replied telling me that I do have a 0% intro offer for six months on my Ink Plus. My bad!

Pay income tax on your business?

krschee said:   Pay income tax on your business?

Are you asking me? If so, that wasn't the reason for my inquiry. It was more of a "can I dump this into a Roth IRA, collect some gains on it, and then withdraw it in six months," idea. Am I going to do that? Probably not. It was literally a spur of the moment thing, trying to take advantage of the 0% promo apr.

Quick question. Are all the Ink Bold World Elite?

hebron1427 said:   imbatman said:   Chase is stingy about giving you the same product again. But they're quite generous when it comes to applying for a different product (even though it may appear very similar)

they mentioned on the phone when I got my bold in early Jan that "you know this is a charge card, right?" I said "yes" and moved on. But i'm thinking it might be a good excuse in a few months to say "well, i'd really like to have a CC instead of a charge card," considering i'm probably going to have to talk to an individual to get the CL moved.


didn't need the excuse. my plus is coming in the mail soon, and i still have my bold. now to find a way to make butter with them...

vagrants said:   Quick question. Are all the Ink Bold World Elite?

The two that we have are not.


Front
Disclaimer

Back
Disclaimer
hebron1427 said:   
didn't need the excuse. my plus is coming in the mail soon, and i still have my bold. now to find a way to make butter with them...


You could have asked them to expedite it. Mine came in 3 days with UPS shipping with no expedite fee.

stm69 said:   vagrants said:   Quick question. Are all the Ink Bold World Elite?

The two that we have are not.


You may not want to discuss this in public, but what are the CLs? Mine is $5k and World Elite. Like the Citi Dividend, "World Elite" is back of the card.

Edit: Could it be that you have the old IB w/ Chase Exclusive 20% deal or the new 5/2/1 & the new IBs are all World Elite?

btw, i welcome any suggestions on making butter with ink.

vagrants said:   hebron1427 said:   
didn't need the excuse. my plus is coming in the mail soon, and i still have my bold. now to find a way to make butter with them...


You could have asked them to expedite it. Mine came in 3 days with UPS shipping with no expedite fee.

stm69 said:   vagrants said:   Quick question. Are all the Ink Bold World Elite?

The two that we have are not.


You may not want to discuss this in public, but what are the CLs? Mine is $5k and World Elite. Like the Citi Dividend, "World Elite" is back of the card.

Edit: Could it be that you have the old IB w/ Chase Exclusive 20% deal or the new 5/2/1 & the new IBs are all World Elite?


Sorry never checked back in this thread. Both cards are charge (e.g. no set limit) but unofficially both have $25K limits per Chase rep. Cards issued in 1/2012 and 3/2012.

There is talk over at FT that starting tomorrow (Sunday, June 16), the offer will go up to 60k for the ink bold and plus. Not sure where this info comes from, but if you are planning on applying you may want to wait for this coming week to get the extra 10k. The offer will only be available for 1 week according to the poster.

FWIW, Chase also will match bonuses for up to 90 days.

The 60,000 bonus point offer is live on chase.com right now!

rsshack said:   The 60,000 bonus point offer is live on chase.com right now!

Chase Link

Don't forget the "free" Chase GC's. $2500 visa/mc GCs, $2500 Chase GCs, 1 BB = 60 + 12.5 + 2500 = 75K UR for ~$87.

sweet! so i just call cs, or is there a special number? tia

stm69 said:   FWIW, Chase also will match bonuses for up to 90 days.

stm69 said:   Don't forget the "free" Chase GC's. $2500 visa/mc GCs, $2500 Chase GCs, 1 BB = 60 + 12.5 + 2500 = 75K UR for ~$87.
Can someone break down this tip further? Or a link? TIA

DonJuan said:   stm69 said:   Don't forget the "free" Chase GC's. $2500 visa/mc GCs, $2500 Chase GCs, 1 BB = 60 + 12.5 + 2500 = 75K UR for ~$87.
Can someone break down this tip further? Or a link? TIA


That would be lovely!


BryansAccount said:   DonJuan said:   stm69 said:   Don't forget the "free" Chase GC's. $2500 visa/mc GCs, $2500 Chase GCs, 1 BB = 60 + 12.5 + 2500 = 75K UR for ~$87.
Can someone break down this tip further? Or a link? TIA


That would be lovely!

I'd do all 5k in office stores, not just 2.5k. Chase GC is better used for other Chase cards.

DonJuan said:   stm69 said:   Don't forget the "free" Chase GC's. $2500 visa/mc GCs, $2500 Chase GCs, 1 BB = 60 + 12.5 + 2500 = 75K UR for ~$87.
Can someone break down this tip further? Or a link? TIA


I think he was referencing this thread. http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1266940/

You can buy gift cards but only getting 1% back. Might be more convenient for some.

BryansAccount said:   DonJuan said:   stm69 said:   Don't forget the "free" Chase GC's. $2500 visa/mc GCs, $2500 Chase GCs, 1 BB = 60 + 12.5 + 2500 = 75K UR for ~$87.
Can someone break down this tip further? Or a link? TIA


That would be lovely!

He is recommending one $2500 GC from Chase and $2500 in Visa/MC GCs from office supply stores. Load all 5K to bluebird and you're done.

Skipping 5 Messages...
Myself and wife approved. Both got "we are reviewing your application..." but approved after waiting 1 day and calling automated phone line.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014