American Express platinum rewards

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Looking for best conversion rate sitting on 150,000 rewards points. Looks like Home Depot cards are the best way to go? Are they worth saving and waiting for any specials does AMEX run ever gift card specials.

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

If you are specifically looking for cash equivalent, you won't do much better than 1 cent per point.
bonuses are usually tied to converting to partner points/miles. for example, you can transfer to British Airways Avios with a 30% bonus (150k miles gets you 195k avios). You can redeem for way more than $1500 in airfare by doing so (I average around 2 centers per points with my Avios redemptions when I use them for short haul flights - 15k points gets me $300 tickets). But if you have no interest in that, and only want to go with cash equivalent, you're probably looking at $1500 in gift cards.

Thanks what i have found searching. Was trying to see if if they ever ran promos on the gift cards or specail deals to get more then that 1 center per point.

I don't need mileage - are there any other things where you can redeem for a penny a point? Some of the things are at terrible rates. YUK!

I figured it out. Never mind!

A while back they had it so you could get Gap gift cards for half off, so 50 dollar card for 2500 points. cardpool, abc cards, etc will take those and give you cash / Amazon credit at a rate of something like 80-85%, making it 1.7% for 85% cash out.

can u get albertsons cards? if yes, get 1500 worth. then go to albertsons buy other giftcards using the $4 coupon mentioned in another thread, and a $20 coupon for lots of chicken or whatever delicious comodity is on sale. don't forget to use your gas rewards card, as you are looking at $3 off per gallon up to 20 gallons!!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.