• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
nope it stayed the same

Bizatch said:   When someone says "I'm sorry", you're supposed to say "No problem", and then move on.. AT least, that's what my kindergarten teacher told me..

I get calls from "800 service" every single day. When I have told them to stop calling they say they are non profit and don't have to stop. They have multiple numbers so they can't be blocked. I just ignore them now and they call every single day.

Rupert5 said:   We put our 2 1/2 year old on the line. He enjoys the calls.

Before I got bored and started ignoring 800 service, I tried the following:

1. Pick up the phone and put it near speakers to let them listen to whatever show I was watching.
2. Make fart noises.
3. Talk in jibberish
4. Repeat everything they said.
5. Told them many times to stop calling.
6. Yelled loudly into the phone to stop f****ing calling me

I just got bored of the daily call and stopped picking it up. They will call the rest of my life or until I change my number.

delete

^^OK I feel like you can record the phone calls and go to the police for harassment or something.

scripta said:   Google Voice is awesome for blocking a number -- the caller hears the "this number is no longer in service" message.

This.

It literally takes two seconds once the Google Voice account is setup. That only takes a few minutes.

aadam101 said:   scripta said:   Google Voice is awesome for blocking a number -- the caller hears the "this number is no longer in service" message.

This.

It literally takes two seconds once the Google Voice account is setup. That only takes a few minutes.

Can I use this with my Comcast phone? Will it block multiple numbers, these guys call from a different phone number each time.

Once a new number calls and I find out it is a telemarketer (they either leave no message, or a telemarketing message), I then play a game called who can hang up first.

I write their number on a pad next to the phone... when the phone rings and its one of the numbers, I pick up then hang up. That fools their autodialer into thinking it is a bad number... 2 or 3 times per inbound number usually stops the calls.

The longer you are on the phone, the worse it becomes for you. If you actually talk to a person, and play with them (such as NEVER EVER CALL AGAIN! -type arguments), they will harrass you more, and then sell your name as a live number to all the other scammers.

I now screen every call, and have been since they put the TOOTLESS DNC rules into effect.

^^ So you keep a pad of paper next to your cell phone?

PROTIP: Ask the callers to remove you from their list and they virtually always will.

Crazytree said:   PROTIP: Ask the callers to remove you from their list and they virtually always will.

OP said: ...
it takes a year for us to remove your name from our calling list, and it won't be updated again until May 2013.

They are being unreasonable.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014