• 1891011 12
  • Page
  • Text Only
I got my last payment.

Just checked the email and they said 7-10 business days from 5/1 so it's still within the promised range.

I got mine, also less than $40, but it's free money.

However, I would have liked to be able to delete my credit card information from my account before they became inaccessible...

falcontx said:   You will still have access to your Great Bridge account and the website until Wednesday, April 30th. On May 1st, the Great Bridge website will be closed. You will receive your remaining rewards balance in the 7-10 business days following May 1st.

Surprising that they notified you and are continuing to give you access to the site. Their MO in the past is to simply cancel your account, lock you out, and then tell you after the fact.

Athenakt said:   However, I would have liked to be able to delete my credit card information from my account before they became inaccessible...

SOP for these 'people'.  But at least you got paid--you're one up on many of us.

just got mine last night.

Athenakt said:   I got mine, also less than $40, but it's free money.

However, I would have liked to be able to delete my credit card information from my account before they became inaccessible...

I sense irrationality here.  Why would you care to delete your credit card information?  What would that do for you?

If you trust GBG, then you'd trust that, once they shut down, they would destroy any data before it could pass into some else's hands even if you hadn't "deleted" it.

But if think deleting your credit card information from your account somehow protects you, then you're also trusting GBG that when you press the button, they will immediately wipe it from every mirrored server and backup copy, which surely they have.

I don't see how you "removing your credit card information" does anything one way or another for you, once the site is shut down.

Chris.

Right. Because businesses in their death throes always choose the rational & ethical option.

Not only that... but wouldn't you think to trust Target with your credit card info when you use it at their store?

It isn't necessarily that they are doing something malicious - just ignorant.

And, in my experience with GBG it is about 80% the latter and 20% the former.

Finally got my last $75.

Got my GC today also.

@BenH, if you were worried about data theft why did you even sign up for the service to begin with? It just sounds like sour grapes because they shut you down.

As someone who recalls his posts at the time, it's not BECAUSE he was shut down, it's HOW.

Same for me. I'm just really hot because it's not me they screwed over, but my favorite charity.

The noive. /curly

doctorofcredit said:   @BenH, if you were worried about data theft why did you even sign up for the service to begin with? It just sounds like sour grapes because they shut you down.
  I wasn't worried about data theft.  I was just making a point to others that the person you trust your data with doesn't need to be malicious - most organizations are not well protected from breach no matter what they say.

But yes, I have sour grapes because they shut me down - moreso from the manner in which they did it.

Their system was set up using Yodlee. So if you just change the passwords on all you credit cards, they will not be able to get any more data if you are worried about it.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014