• filter:
  • 1 2 34511
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
jnheinz said:   mattun said:   Theoretically, what's the danger if you max out the $75 and then change your passwords immediately after?

$75 is not worth the hassle of giving all my information to the Chinese. They would probably lock all of my accounts, forcing me to have to make 10 phone calls to get all of my accounts unlocked. What's your time worth to you?

OMG, did you take your pills this morning?

Ads by Google
rated:
is this some new business model? promise money for consumers to give you their data, sell the data and then close shop before paying what you promised?

rated:
Healthy skeptism. For what it's worth I've had good experiences using My Linkables, Shopkick, and Endorse. Endorse doesn't require a login to your credit card, it's about taking photos of your receipts. MyLinkables and Shopkick are credit card linked. One big (big!) difference is that all of these give you rewards immediately upon request. So it's not all doom & gloom out there.

I've also gone through the Envaulted drama and the waste of time Punchcard turned out to be.

rated:
Surprised the founder is not posting here yet.

rated:
If this many financial gamers are the early adopters of the site it's destined to fail

rated:
The $75 max a quarter seems a good safeguard against the gamers. Now if they can sell off the data for more than $25 a head per month is another question.

rated:
Not that it'll probably matter, but you might want to go to your account options and change the payment method. It defaults to Amazon gift card, but you can change it to paypal. So when you forget all about this site and it's march and they actually do send out payments you'll get money as opposed to an Amazon gift card.

Hey, I'm being optimistic . Besides, even envaulted managed to pay out for what, most of a year?

rated:
Edit: tight lipped.

rated:
mattun said:   The $75 max a quarter seems a good safeguard against the gamers. Now if they can sell off the data for more than $25 a head per month is another question.

If they're smart, I'd think a list of gamers is worth a lot more than that:

"These guys will shamelessly exploit your bonus offers and never give you a dime of revenue"

But any of the big banks could figure that out too if they really care. I suspect "success" is often measured by account signups and profitability is another department's problem.

rated:
I noticed if credit is posted on your card due to returned merchandise, they aren't taking the points back.
Now I'm just think which FWer will actually exploit this

rated:
Others noted that you can remove your card & the points remain. If you add your card back does it re-suck down the data and add to what's there? I'd try but I've already maxed out...

rated:
sunspotzsz said:   jnheinz said:   mattun said:   Theoretically, what's the danger if you max out the $75 and then change your passwords immediately after?

$75 is not worth the hassle of giving all my information to the Chinese. They would probably lock all of my accounts, forcing me to have to make 10 phone calls to get all of my accounts unlocked. What's your time worth to you?

OMG, did you take your pills this morning?

I don't have pills, nor do I need them. Have you ever ran a server on the Internet that has authentication happening on it? Maybe you should. IP's from China are the biggest pests, they spend all day trying to brute force.

rated:
speedbird71 said:   Others noted that you can remove your card & the points remain. If you add your card back does it re-suck down the data and add to what's there? I'd try but I've already maxed out...

I highly doubt it. It makes sense that taking the card off doesn't take away the credit - the transactions stay, just no new ones will post.

rated:
speedbird71 said:   Healthy skeptism. For what it's worth I've had good experiences using My Linkables, Shopkick, and Endorse. Endorse doesn't require a login to your credit card, it's about taking photos of your receipts. MyLinkables and Shopkick are credit card linked. One big (big!) difference is that all of these give you rewards immediately upon request. So it's not all doom & gloom out there.

I've also gone through the Envaulted drama and the waste of time Punchcard turned out to be.

Endorse pay well?

says Get Cash Back and points redeemable for charitable donations made in your name?

rated:
vickh said:   speedbird71 said:   Healthy skeptism. For what it's worth I've had good experiences using My Linkables, Shopkick, and Endorse. Endorse doesn't require a login to your credit card, it's about taking photos of your receipts. MyLinkables and Shopkick are credit card linked. One big (big!) difference is that all of these give you rewards immediately upon request. So it's not all doom & gloom out there.

Endorse pay well?

says Get Cash Back and points redeemable for charitable donations made in your name?

Not particularly. A couple bucks here & there off of groceries & coffee. But within a day of taking a photo of a receipt the cash can be withdrawn to PayPal.

rated:
Nearly hit the entire quarter's cap with a Citi card that recently came out of a BT offer, ha.

rated:
SUCKISSTAPLES said:   If this many financial gamers are the early adopters of the site it's destined to failI like to refer to this as the "Viking effect."

rated:
I am taking the risk, will see what happens.

rated:
I don't understand the attraction of sites like this that require you to register you to give them credit card information or even login and statement information, not as part of a financial aggregation site, but rather for piddling $75 "rewards".

MY credit rating and credit availability are important financial resources. No way in hell I'm I going to hand them over to any Tom, Dick or Harry with some scheme that might net me $75.

Sure, credit cards are guaranteed against fraud. But do you really want the hassle of cleaning up whatever mess this leads to? And if you're willing handing a website your credit card logins, passwords, and account information, you might not even be covered, because you've essentially particiapted in the fraud.

Caveat Emptor my friends.

rated:
$75 max include referrals?

rated:
thanks, requested & approved instantly.. maxed out with one card lol. *crosses fingers*

rated:
jcaserta said:   speedbird71 said:   Others noted that you can remove your card & the points remain. If you add your card back does it re-suck down the data and add to what's there? I'd try but I've already maxed out...

I highly doubt it. It makes sense that taking the card off doesn't take away the credit - the transactions stay, just no new ones will post.

I just tried this out. I added a card, then removed it and changed the account password. Then I added another credit card which I'd used less. The rewards balance went down. This means that the transactions from the first card didn't stay...

rated:
Another note after my last. After removing the cards and changing the passwords, the next day (today) all transactions are gone. Everyone who maxed, removed their cards and hasn't checked again since then might want to see if your transactions are still there.

This just seems strange. Why have the transactions linked to whether or not they have access to the card information if their privacy statement says they're just gathering the transaction information and card type?

rated:
Received email from them a few days ago:

Hi there,

Thank you for joining our research panel! As a new start-up based in New York City, we can't tell you how much your feedback and participation means to us.

In the coming months, you'll see some alterations to our messaging and payout plans but as a thank you for being a beta user, your 1% dividend rate and $75 cap are yours for life! We would love to hear more about your experience, so please feel free to reach out to us anytime. As always, let us know if you have any questions or comments!

Happy Holidays!
Kristen

rated:
Received the same email 2 weeks ago.

rated:
Hmm, site appears to be down...

rated:
Site is hosted through Amazon, and does appear to be down.

IP: 23.21.112.16
Decimal: 387280912
Hostname: ec2-23-21-112-16.compute-1.amazonaws.com
ISP: Amazon.com
Organization: Amazon.com
Services: None detected
Type: Corporate
Assignment: Static IP

rated:
Looks like it's back up and running now.

rated:
Cap is $60 now.

rated:
Seems to only be paying me 0.25% instead of 1%. Is there tiers or something? I can never find a summary of the rates.

rated:
Same here:
Post date Amount Reward
Mon, Dec 31, 2012 $34.21 $0.09
Mon, Dec 31, 2012 $88.00 $0.22
Mon, Dec 31, 2012 $13.00 $0.03
Mon, Dec 31, 2012 $52.08 $0.13

rated:
Quovatis said:   Seems to only be paying me 0.25% instead of 1%. Is there tiers or something? I can never find a summary of the rates.

I noticed that too. As a side note I found out withdrawing money from my checking account counts towards the .25%, then just redeposit

rated:
SUCKISSTAPLES said:   Yeah upload PDF of your acct statement so they gave your cc number and name and address

Real smart

Not suggesting giving out pdf of statement.
But ... Citi credit card new system does not print full account number on statements.

rated:
Ive been pissed all weekend about all the sweet signup deals i missed out on because i am just now getting ino the Finance forum.
So against my better judgement i just signed up and added 2 cards.

We'll see....

rated:
KYBOSH said:   Ive been pissed all weekend about all the sweet signup deals i missed out on because i am just now getting ino the Finance forum.

We'll see....

I know exactly what you feel!

rated:
KYBOSH said:   Ive been pissed all weekend about all the sweet signup deals i missed out on because i am just now getting ino the Finance forum.

We'll see....

Read the old threads on Envaulted and Offermatic, you'll probably feel better.

rated:
dataadmin said:   KYBOSH said:   Ive been pissed all weekend about all the sweet signup deals i missed out on because i am just now getting ino the Finance forum.

We'll see....

No one has gotten paid from great bridge yet. Hold your emotions until March

rated:
dataadmin said:   

some of us got paid

rated:
There site seems be having a lot of issues. My card that I registered magically disappeared and when I tried to add it again it wouldn't let me. I'm probably just going to close my account.

rated:
Hi everyone - Thank you all for joining Great Bridge! We appreciate your questions and feedback, and we encourage you to contact us with any issues. Our team is aware of the problems recently highlighted on the forum, and we are working to resolve them. With your help, we can address them much more quickly. Please contact us with your questions or comments at support@greatbridgegroup.com. We look forward to hearing from you.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014