• filter:
  • 1 234511
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Market research company Great Bridge Group is offering 1% cash-back up to $75 per quarter ($7500 in spend) for registering your credit cards, similar to Envaulted.com.

• They count past transactions when you sign-up so after I registered enough cards I easily reached the $75 max for this quarter right-away.

• Cash payouts are automatic every 90 days via your choice of PayPal or Amazon e-certificates.

• The 1% is in addition to and separate from any affiliate cash-back like Fatwallet, credit card cash-back like Discover, or other passive cash-back networks like iDine.

• They're offering $5 for each friend you refer that is accepted.

• As part of their panel you also may get paid survey opportunities in the future.

• They use Yodlee as their back-end, are angel-backed and operate out of the NYC incubator General Assembly.

• Unlike Envaulted and Offermatic, they aren't using our data for special deals but to anonymize it, group it, analyze it and sell market research reports to businesses.

• Because it's a market research panel, they only need a certain amount of each type of demographic so slots may fill up quick for some types.

Request an invite here:
http://www.greatbridgegroup.com

FAQ:
http://greatbridgegroup.com/faq.jsp

Disclosure: I know one of the employees who is an old co-worker which is how I heard first about this.

Ads by Google
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Shopkick, visa savings edge, amex open savings, mastercard easy savings. The last three are just for business cards thou... (more)

doctorofcredit (Apr. 13, 2014 @ 10:19p) |

Is GreatBridgeGroup dead?  The last time they refreshed data from my credit card accounts was April 6.

bluechalk (Apr. 20, 2014 @ 9:27a) |

Continues to work for me. Last update was on April 18.

vsuri (Apr. 20, 2014 @ 10:17p) |

Appears to be 3 tiers based on when you signed up:

1. Early sign-ups rec. 1% and 75 dollars cap each quarter.
2. Next group rec. 0.25% and 60 dollars cap each quarter.
3. More recent group rec. 0.1% and 60 dollars cap each quarter.

AP does NOT earn reward.

rated:
sounds interesting but can they have a worse name?
sounds like the name to some MLM scam or something

rated:
In, but hopes are not high. I never got a penny out of envaulted.

rated:
I'm in too. Registered the Visa & AMEX used to buy Vanilla Reloads. it backloaded transactions so I've already reached the $75/quarter max payout. Payout is once a quarter with the first being March 5, 2013 for me.

Deleted my AMEX & will try to register a 2nd account....

rated:
Is this a scam?

rated:
I often find the best way to discover scams is to ask "Is this a scam?"

rated:
The web site is not ready for prime time. I created an account, but I can't log back in. When I try to reset my password, I get an error message. When I try to contact them via their website, I get an error. Oh, and when I tried to register a Barclays credit card, that didn't work either.

rated:
nm

rated:
when I try to sign up:

An error has occured. Please let us know so we can look into it.

rated:
bigdinkel said:   Is this a scam?

Fair question. Not an answer, but when their domain registration includes the name of a human it adds a bit of cred:

Domain Name: GREATBRIDGEGROUP.COM
Created on: 24-Sep-11
Expires on: 24-Sep-14
Last Updated on: 11-Aug-12

Registrant:
Great Bridge Group

17 Athens St.
Apt 1
Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138
United States

Administrative Contact:
Carson, Kevin kevinalexandercarson@gmail.com
Great Bridge Group
17 Athens St.
Apt 1
United States

Technical Contact:
Great Bridge Group
17 Athens St.
Apt 1
United States

The company also has a profile page on LinkedIn:

http://www.linkedin.com/company/2833770?goback=%2Efcs_GLHD_great...

rated:
bigdinkel said:   Is this a scam?

Company is also looking to or has raised 800K. ( http://www.investorscopes.com/Great-Bridge-Corp/D/11931000.aspx )

rated:
Here is the catch:
Payout date Mar 05, 2013

They will collect the information up till Mar 04 2013 and then do what envaulted did.

I will be very very surprised if anyone gets paid $75 on Mar 05 2013.

rated:
speedbird71 said:   bigdinkel said:   Is this a scam?

Company is also looking to or has raised 800K. ( http://www.investorscopes.com/Great-Bridge-Corp/D/11931000.aspx )

Form D records the intent to raise money, right?
It doesn't mean that they've already raised 800k, right?

rated:
sunspotzsz said:   speedbird71 said:   bigdinkel said:   Is this a scam?

Form D records the intent to raise money, right?
It doesn't mean that they've already raised 800k, right?

Was filed in March so who knows? I've put in my $75 worth of research on this. Think the scam question is answered. Whether its a practical business model is another question.

rated:
Ponzi business model - collect your data today and pay you 3 months later (or never)!
Wimpy said, "I'd gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today".

gmail email address for business registration.

I think this answers your "is this a scam" question.

rated:
sloppy1 said:   Ponzi business model - collect your data today and pay you 3 months later (or never)!
Wimpy said, "I'd gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today".

gmail email address for business registration.

I think this answers your "is this a scam" question.

I differentiate an outright scam from a well-intentioned business model that is likely not viable. However, I realize i'm splitting hairs here. And I'm not well endowed with hairs to split...

And as far as the email address, what's the issue there? It appears to be the dude's real name. Plus, if you are creating a new domain how can you use a contact email from that domain when the domain hasn't yet been created? And even after it is created, if there is an issue with the domain you want the administration of the domain to be done elsewhere.

I can see the Ponzi part of this. But it seems like they are trying something a bit different out. The $75 cap may may be sufficient to monetize the data while keeping the gamers (us) at bay. The once-a-quarter thing is definitely dodgey.

rated:
Only counts back transactions to October 1st.

rated:
In for 2 X $75 restaurant.com certificates.

rated:
wxl31 said:   Only counts back transactions to October 1st.
Mine went back to Sept 7. Might have to do with how many transactions, or the records provided by the credit card (mine is cap1 btw).

rated:
Let's all give our credit card numbers to some guy who runs a company with an address that includes "Apt 1".

rated:
samiam68 said:   Let's all give our credit card numbers to some guy who runs a company with an address that includes "Apt 1".

Maybe he's a Haaaavaaad student.

rated:
From the posts above, the lessons I learnt for my next ponzi scheme is

1. don't use gmail to register business
2. don't put apt no in there.

rated:
sunspotzsz said:   Here is the catch:
Payout date Mar 05, 2013

They will collect the information up till Mar 04 2013 and then do what envaulted did.

I will be very very surprised if anyone gets paid $75 on Mar 05 2013.

Yeah, well, what the heck. I took the bait. If I get paid, great, otherwise no biggie.

But don't count out envaulted! According to their site:

- We're making rewards easy.
- We've decided to leave the site down for the time being while we get ready to open to the public.

I'm anxiously waiting for the relaunch! Any day now...

Chris.

rated:
I prefer Agape Bridge Loans

They paid 10% every 90 days , and people actually got checks !!!

rated:
SUCKISSTAPLES said:   I prefer Agape Bridge Loans

They paid 10% every 90 days , and people actually got checks !!!

My snail mail requests for return of principal, addressed to "unit d, cell #1" keep coming back marked "no longer at this address."

rated:
Yeah, give some guy in an apartment your credit card information. Also make him co-owner of your Nigerian oil wells and UN governmental transfers.

rated:
Registered four accounts, got to the $75 max. I guess there's no reason for me to register any more. Here's hoping for an easy $75 in March.

Chris.

rated:
samiam68 said:   Let's all give our credit card numbers to some guy who runs a company with an address that includes "Apt 1".

snork615 said:   Yeah, give some guy in an apartment your credit card information. Also make him co-owner of your Nigerian oil wells and UN governmental transfers.

To you two lazy bums, if you bothered to take even the quickest glance at their privacy and security section, you would see they use Yodlee to get the transaction data.

rated:
How come this is "green" rated?

rated:

Said apartment 1 is one of 3 apartments in a 3 story ~1.9M house in Cambridge MA.... On Google Street View there are 3 cute girls in front of it

rated:
Wow... that escalated quickly...

On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 12:42 PM, Great Bridge Support <support@greatbridgegroup.com> wrote: Hi FWFuser- Thanks for joining Great Bridge! We are aware of this bug and are actively working to resolve the issue with our partner, Yodlee. While we work on getting you a better answer, I just want to make sure I understand your problem correctly. For both Chase and BoA, there are both debit and credit card options, so you'll need to add debit and credit cards separately (even if you access them through the same website). In the meantime, I would recommend adding the cards on which you do the majority of your spending. Thanks for your patience while we work to resolve this issue! Annalee -- - The Great Bridge Team www.greatbridgegroup.com Great Bridge | 902 Broadway, 4th floor | NYNY 10010

On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 1:39 PM, FWFuser wrote: No. I have multiple credit cards with Chase and BOA and your system is only registering one.

On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 1:40 PM, Great Bridge Support <support@greatbridgegroup.com> wrote: Thanks for the clarification, FWFuser. We'll be back to you with more information as we work to resolve this bug. Thanks for your patience! Annalee

Hi FWFuser- We're working to resolve this issue with our partner, Yodlee. We're currently working on testing a new PDF upload feature, allowing users to upload their PDF statements manually without using bank login credentials. Would you be interested in helping us test this feature using the Chase and BoA cards you weren't able to register? Thanks!Annalee

rated:
Yeah upload PDF of your acct statement so they gave your cc number and name and address

Real smart

rated:
speedbird71 said:   samiam68 said:   Let's all give our credit card numbers to some guy who runs a company with an address that includes "Apt 1".

Said apartment 1 is one of 3 apartments in a 3 story ~1.9M house in Cambridge MA.... On Google Street View there are 3 cute girls in front of it

Bad news. The girls are gone. I work nearby and sometimes park on Athens St by this guys apt. No girls spotted in months.

rated:
speedbird71 said:   samiam68 said:   Let's all give our credit card numbers to some guy who runs a company with an address that includes "Apt 1".

finally, a thread that delivered pics!! green to OP regardless of the possible scam.

rated:
speedbird71 said:   bigdinkel said:   Is this a scam?

Fair question. Not an answer, but when their domain registration includes the name of a human it adds a bit of cred:

Domain Name: GREATBRIDGEGROUP.COM
Created on: 24-Sep-11
Expires on: 24-Sep-14
Last Updated on: 11-Aug-12

Registrant:
Great Bridge Group

17 Athens St.
Apt 1
United States

Administrative Contact:
Great Bridge Group
17 Athens St.
Apt 1
United States

Technical Contact:
Great Bridge Group
17 Athens St.
Apt 1
United States

The company also has a profile page on LinkedIn:

http://www.linkedin.com/company/2833770?goback=%2Efcs_GLHD_great...

Apartment 1? This is probably a joke. I would not give these guys anything. It's probably a one-man show ready to milk all your credit cards.

rated:
Theoretically, what's the danger if you max out the $75 and then change your passwords immediately after?

rated:
mattun said:   Theoretically, what's the danger if you max out the $75 and then change your passwords immediately after?

$75 is not worth the hassle of giving all my information to the Chinese. They would probably lock all of my accounts, forcing me to have to make 10 phone calls to get all of my accounts unlocked. What's your time worth to you?

rated:
Given the cambridge address and just a 10 minute walk to Harvard my guess would be this is someone creating a company after/while in harvard business school or similar.

So i suspect it is a legit company at least. Whether you will ever see any of that promised money probably depends on it being a successful company. Probably a 10-20% chance it is successful.

rated:
Thank you for your interest.

You have been put on our waiting list. We have received significant interest and we appreciate your patience.

When there is space available, you will receive an email invitation!

Skipping 385 Messages...
rated:
bluechalk said:   Is GreatBridgeGroup dead?  The last time they refreshed data from my credit card accounts was April 6.
  Continues to work for me. Last update was on April 18.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014