• Text Only
07pilot4me said:   Never actually left, just well hidden.

no kidding and it should have stayed that way. i remember a time where effort was made to help make things last not post everything for FWF & Blog-cred.

Same link as posted just a page ago in the thread - but thanks for continuing to bring it front and center

dl73 said:   Same link as posted just a page ago in the thread - but thanks for continuing to bring it front and center

LOL

OP please remove *DEAD* from title.

Applied and approved (after calling in) with the "new" link.

The post in the member summary link takes me to a page that offers 6,000 points (=$50), but going directly to https://creditcards.citi.com/credit-cards/citi-thankyou-preferre... gives me the 15,000 point offer.

Get the 15k offer. Its obviously better.

sackland87 said:   Get the 15k offer. Its obviously better. Yep, go for the 15k offer LOL.

The 15k offer doesn't have 5 TYP/$ for the bonus categories.

15k > 6k. /thread

If the 15k>6k comments are in reference to my post, I was simply pointing out that the link at the beginning of the thread wasn't directing me to the 15k offer.

I'm not sure why so many people felt the need to boost their post count.

I called to cancel my TY Preferred (started as the Platinum AMEX five years ago) yesterday since the annual fee hit and I have moved on to better cards. They first offered a retention to drop my interest rate to Prime + 6%, instead of the Prime + 22% I had. Didn't care since I have not used the card, let alone carried a balance. Second offer was 5000 points for $1000 in spend. Said no thanks.

If I wanted to hit up Citi for another bonus offer, how long should I wait before applying? I really don't need another card, but would take a hard pull if I could get a $400+ equivalent signup bonus.

Tom9999 said:   ...would take a hard pull if I could get a $400+ equivalent signup bonus.

Looks like you answered your own question.

Tom9999 said:   I called to cancel my TY Preferred (started as the Platinum AMEX five years ago) yesterday since the annual fee hit and I have moved on to better cards. They first offered a retention to drop my interest rate to Prime + 6%, instead of the Prime + 22% I had. Didn't care since I have not used the card, let alone carried a balance. Second offer was 5000 points for $1000 in spend. Said no thanks.

If I wanted to hit up Citi for another bonus offer, how long should I wait before applying? I really don't need another card, but would take a hard pull if I could get a $400+ equivalent signup bonus.

I feel like this has little to nothing to do with the terminally ill card that this thread was discussing.

I had this offer on an account I opened early February. With my first two statements I have received the 4 bonus thank-you points for my everyday spend (groceries, drug stores & gas). When I logged to my CITI account today, I see they posted an offer for me to receive 4 bonus points for up to 2,500 points for everyday spend. I do not know if they changed the points offer to this account. Since I have major grocery and drug store spending, this change would be a serious hit. I also do not want to call and have someone look at the activity on the account. At this point, I am going to shut down spending and just let the statement cycle and see what points post.

Question to group: Anybody else see a change like this on your account?

Thanks.

edit: I just read the fine print on the offer. this includes supercenters as a chance to earn more bonus points.

couponking1953 said:   I had this offer on an account I opened early February. With my first two statements I have received the 4 bonus thank-you points for my everyday spend (groceries, drug stores & gas). When I logged to my CITI account today, I see they posted an offer for me to receive 4 bonus points for up to 2,500 points for everyday spend. I do not know if they changed the points offer to this account. Since I have major grocery and drug store spending, this change would be a serious hit. I also do not want to call and have someone look at the activity on the account. At this point, I am going to shut down spending and just let the statement cycle and see what points post.

Question to group: Anybody else see a change like this on your account?

Why would a little advertisement make you think they changed your account terms?

Just to tie up loose ends here, the link mentioned for 5x is no longer active. Citi seems to have gone on a hatchet spree by blacklisting the cardholders & churners and devaluing other TYP cards.

catanpirate said:   .... and devaluing other TYP cards.

can you elaborate on this part?

I guess I was referring to this "devaluation" - though I wasn't reading closely.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1275021/?start=0

Anyways, it looks like one of the last uncapped personal cards has bit the dust.

Does the preferred card get you access to the better Thank You Rewards? I have the Citi Forward, but most of everything is 3500 or 6000 points for $25 or $50. I didn't know if Preferred had access to the 1:1 giftcards like the Amazon and WalMart $100 for 10,000 points.

They sent me an offer for 20k points with first $1000 purchase. I realize I only get a point per dollar spent, but it would be worth it if I get better TY options.

I did not get bonus flight redemptions with preferred card

Edit: But I can redeem for gift cards a 1/1¢ except for the $10 level (1500 pts)

I got a letter from Citi a while back that says that they are changing the program. The main change is that they are discontinuing an annual bonus and adding 2x points for dining and 2x points for entertainment. This goes into effect on 7/28.
I hope that this doesn't end the 12 month introductory on the bonus categories. They rarely mention this in mailings so I hope it's not something that they are ending without mentioning.

Anyone w/ experience purchasing more than 1k beans at a time now that it's possible - any adverse reactions from Citi?

kwest said:   Anyone w/ experience purchasing more than 1k beans at a time now that it's possible - any adverse reactions from Citi?
  Go for it and let us know how it works out for you.

TDSAX said:   
kwest said:   Anyone w/ experience purchasing more than 1k beans at a time now that it's possible - any adverse reactions from Citi?
  Go for it and let us know how it works out for you.

But in a different thread. This one almost was put to rest. Almost kwest!

Yes, you can contract hives or gastric disturbances. 

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014