• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I just received a replacement Chase Freedom card (the original card was cancelled because of fraudulent activity). The original card was a MasterCard; the new card is a World MasterCard.

I've read the older threads regarding concerns about the credit reporting agencies' handling of World Mastercards (no spending limit - high balance in the CL field) and effect on credit scores but didn't find anything recent. Is this still a concern? There was no paperwork with the card, other than some information about Cash Back on the sheet the card is attached to and, on the back, the CL for the card is listed. Chase customer service just says "it's the same as your previous card."

If I've missed a relevant thread in my search, I beg forgiveness and feel free to point (shove) me in the right direction.

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

World Mastercard has more perks and is given to better creditworthy customers. Don't let others scare you about the credit reporting of this card.

If you use your accounts wisely, the World Mastercard provides a lot more benefits and features. Obviously after review of your account, they felt you were deserving of the better card.

I always found it odd that Chase offers Freedom in both Visa and MasterCard varieties.

Bellona said:   The original card was a MasterCard; the new card is a World MasterCardmore money for Chase

Scan the FW archived threads for when Citi did the same thing to a number of us.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.