• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I've discovered through another forum that Discover has a card builder page, where you can choose the terms for the card you apply for including sign-up bonus. The highest sign-up bonus is $200 for spending $1,500 in 3 months.

https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/get-discover/build-card/

Tribute to myFICO forum: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Discover-200-Sign-U...

Member Summary

Discover
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Yes, except that "exclusion" was not disclosed until just now. It seems the merchant and/or FW has decided to modify an... (more)

vstrt (Apr. 04, 2013 @ 1:41p) |

Bump

Everyone should know about this incident.

vstrt (Apr. 05, 2013 @ 7:18a) |

Looks like no more "build your own card" aka $200 sign-up bonus

guardi (May. 30, 2013 @ 11:58a) |

For new customers only.

This card isn't eligible for CashBack. Here are the Discover cards that are:

$42.50 Cash Back Available on Approved Open Road Card Account, Miles Card Account, Motiva Card Account, Escape Card Account, More Card Account
$20.00 Cash Back Available on Approved Student Outsort More Card Account, Student Outsort Open Road Card Account, Student Card Account
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks. I have been meaning to grab one of these for their shopping portal. I like to shoot for $400-ish per app, the $200 to start made it worth firing one off. I should be able to use at least two of the 5% quarters also.

Already have a Discover CC.... conversion work for this?

that is a great bonus for a solid card to have in one's line-up. thx OP

I can't find the $200 offer. Think it's because I already have a Discover card?

I've been looking to get a credit card in my own name since I don't have one but this says 11.9% to 16.9% ugh. Not a good starter plan. There's got to be something better.

Just pay it off in full each month and never pay interest?

Awesome, instant approval. Thanks OP!

If you opt for the BT option, you can get 0% purchases for 6 months and 0% BT for 18 months. (*3% fee applies).

$200 CashBack option appears to give 6 months@0% BT with fee.

allowingtoo said:   I've been looking to get a credit card in my own name since I don't have one but this says 11.9% to 16.9% ugh. Not a good starter plan. There's got to be something better.

You are kidding, right? Just dial down the Cash Back if you want lower interest. But more to the point, you shouldn't plan to carry a balance.

ElephantNest said:   I can't find the $200 offer. Think it's because I already have a Discover card?

It says on the opening page that this offer is only for new Discover customers.

I missed the offer by 1 day. I tried to get them to match the offer and they were quite rude and unhelpful.

Kind of annoying for a company that puts you on hold for 8 minutes between transfers and reminds you that they are in Ohio at every chance they get. They said I would have to cancel, then wait 45 days to re-apply.

thanks- signed up - usuallly they offer $100 via junk mail or online, this was good.

Any ideas on where to spend $1,500 using a Discover card? I see the free shipping $1 U.S Mint coins promotion ended back in 2010 (I had no idea). I live on a tight budget, so I don't think my normal groceries and things would cover the $1,500 over 3 months.

Would they cover it over 6 months?

How to spend $1,500 in 3 months?

By "they", I meant "groceries and things". You could always buy grocery/gas/visa/whatever gift cards in the third month to spread the spending over the next few months.

I realize this was your question in the other thread, but here you go:

CanisMajor said:   brandon032586 said:   treepuppy said:   Can use Discover card when funding the account?

Thank you

lol, no, is there any bank anywhere that would let you use Discover?

Evidently yes

This should stack with FW $42.50 CashBack for new Discover applications. The CashBack link takes you to discover.com and then you can click on "Get a Discover Card" followed by "Build My Card" or "Find Pre-Approved Offers".

Nice. That was about an hour too late for me though!

Nice. Was looking for a decent signup bonus.

Will give it a try...

Edit: No instant approval. That's surprising.

Edit: approved 24 hrs later.

giantsfan2 said:   This should stack with FW $42.50 CashBack for new Discover applications. The CashBack link takes you to discover.com and then you can click on "Get a Discover Card" followed by "Build My Card" or "Find Pre-Approved Offers".CashBack page says:
Cash Back Amount
$42.50 Cash Back Available on Approved Open Road Card Account, Miles Card Account, Motiva Card Account, Escape Card Account, More Card Account
$20.00 Cash Back Available on Approved Student Outsort More Card Account, Student Outsort Open Road Card Account, Student Card Account

Not sure if this will qualify. Hope so.

giantsfan2 said:   This should stack with FW $42.50 CashBack for new Discover applications. The CashBack link takes you to discover.com and then you can click on "Get a Discover Card" followed by "Build My Card" or "Find Pre-Approved Offers".

I followed these steps. After I click on the CashBack link it brings me to the main page. How does one get to the "Build my card" page from there?

treepuppy said:   giantsfan2 said:   This should stack with FW $42.50 CashBack for new Discover applications. The CashBack link takes you to discover.com and then you can click on "Get a Discover Card" followed by "Build My Card" or "Find Pre-Approved Offers".

I tried following these steps. After I click on the CashBack link it brings me to the main page. How does one get to the "Build my card" page from there?
These steps worked for me few hours back:

1. Click on Personal Credit Cards link near the bottom of the page
2. On the subsequent page, in the "Get a Discover Card" tab you should see three links - Build My Card, Find Pre-Approved Offers, Respond to Main Offers
3. Click on Build My Card and proceed

I did notice that I had trouble in IE10 for the 2nd page. I couldn't see all links under the "Get a Discover Card" tab.

ucfzf10 said:   
I did notice that I had trouble in IE10 for the 2nd page. I couldn't see all links under the "Get a Discover Card" tab.

I noticed that also. The links appear in Firefox but not in IE.

Has anybody seen Discover offer a better deal than this on their CashBack cards?

It's the best.. which is why I finally signed up after years

FYI - DW didn't get instant approval. But got approval after a day with a $3K CL. Checked status using the discover online link. Will report back if I get the FW CB reported.

Thanks OP! Signed up via Cash Back and was approved with the $200 bonus.

Anyone get approved who already has 1 Discover card?

Is this still working for anyone else? I cannot see any card-builder site. It redirects to a plain vanilla card without any signup bonus.

Discover is replacing their More card with their It card. Sorry you were one day late.

Edit: I found a more direct link to the site:

https://www.discovercard.com/cardmembersvcs/acqs/app/chooseMyOff...

Get on the train before its gone forever!!!

HiLine said:   Discover is replacing their More card with their It card. Sorry you were one day late.

Edit: I found a more direct link to the site:

https://www.discovercard.com/cardmembersvcs/acqs/app/chooseMyOff...

Get on the train before its gone forever!!!

I haven't had any luck getting the new link to work either.

Thanks HiLine. I was approved, and the $200 offer was in my terms and conditions. Tried clicking thru FW to their homepage, then loading your link into the browser. Hope that still tracks the FW CB.

Anyone able to find the link anymore? none that i see on this page currently work and I tried finding on their website and no go.

Yea, just setup (1hr ago) two accounts with instant approval.

MisterEd said:   Yea, just setup (1hr ago) two accounts with instant approval.

which link did you use?

the one Hiline posted: https://www.discovercard.com/cardmembersvcs/acqs/app/chooseMyOff...

it says "you're just seconds away" and ironically it sits there hanging.

aec307 said:   MisterEd said:   Yea, just setup (1hr ago) two accounts with instant approval.

which link did you use?

the one Hiline posted: https://www.discovercard.com/cardmembersvcs/acqs/app/chooseMyOff...

it says "you're just seconds away" and ironically it sits there hanging.

Happened to me too, try a different browser, same link.

Skipping 62 Messages...
Looks like no more "build your own card" aka $200 sign-up bonus

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014