• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
From the article: "Plastic Jungle announced today that it has launched a gift card exchange in 7,400 CVS/pharmacy stores in the US. In a first of its kind program, Plastic Jungle is powering an exchange that allows CVS/pharmacy customers to sell unspent gift cards in-store and receive a CVS/pharmacy electronic gift card in return. The CVS/pharmacy gift card is redeemable in any CVS/pharmacy store. The service is available to CVS/pharmacy customers through a user's smartphone or online at cvsgiftcard.plasticjungle.com. Signs bearing a unique QR code on the Prepaid Card installations in 7,400 CVS/pharmacy locations across the U.S. will be displayed for consumers to scan the code with any QR code reader. This will launch the service and allow CVS/pharmacy customers to participate in this program"

Text

It seems that the minimal balance to exchange is $10 and you can exchange gift cards for over 100 vendors.

Sorry if repost. I searched but did not find.

Member Summary

CVS/pharmacy (55.36kB)
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer

This is news to me. Getting paid with a gift card for another giftcard isn't appealing to me.
Especially when that store gc (cvs) I can already buy for a 6% discount at PJ.com

This will interest me if/when they give cash.

I had mixed feeling as to the value of it as well. I guess it can be helpful to someone who has credit cards in department stores or restaurants and prefer to move that money onto CVS, where they can buy day-to-day stuff. Also, it may be an opportunity for someone who buys other cards at a deeper discount than those offered for CVS.

Offered $9.51 CVS for $10.45 Target.

Pass.

Offers are really bad considering this s not even cash but cvs gift card available for sometimes 50% off at lot of daily deal sites

DeGlass said:   Offered $9.51 CVS for $10.45 Target.

Pass.

I would pass as well. As I said below, I think the value comes when trading cards that otherwise may be wasted. My daughter has a bit over $10 balance on giftcards from Aeropostale, Gap, Adidas, etc. that she got as birthday gifts and have been sitting there for months. I'd rather pay the dollar and get the money in CVS cards instead of keeping those.

DeGlass said:   Offered $9.51 CVS for $10.45 Target.

Pass.

Yea, that's pretty awful.
If you sell it to PJ online, you'd get 9.61 cash or 9.97 in Amazon gc.
Who would take less in CVS money than real money? Suckers, that's who.

Well, there is a (minimal) amount of effort involved in mailing the cards in. I'd probably sell a cheap one in store to save myself the hassle, but not one worth more than $20 or so.

imbatman said:   DeGlass said:   Offered $9.51 CVS for $10.45 Target.

Pass.

Yea, that's pretty awful.
If you sell it to PJ online, you'd get 9.61 cash or 9.97 in Amazon gc.
Who would take less in CVS money than real money? Suckers, that's who.

There's a convenience factor involved and just general speed. You can take the CVS money, buy a Vanilla reload card, and put that money into Bluebird, which let's you do anything, like transfer to a checking account, pay bills, etc.

ankitgu said:   You can take the CVS money, buy a Vanilla reload card
pretty sure the register blocks this

Even if the exchange rate blows, I give them a few BP's (bradpoints) for an innovative idea.

BradisBrad said:   Even if the exchange rate blows, I give them a few BP's (bradpoints) for an innovative idea.

a million BPs and a dollar coin from the mint will get me a .99 cent coffee at starbucks

I do think it's an innovative idea, just poorly implemented.

imbatman said:   BradisBrad said:   Even if the exchange rate blows, I give them a few BP's (bradpoints) for an innovative idea.

a million BPs and a dollar coin from the mint will get me a .99 cent coffee at starbucks

Since when does Starbucks sell coffee for only 99 cents?

ankitgu said:   There's a convenience factor involved and just general speed. You can take the CVS money, buy a Vanilla reload card, and put that money into Bluebird, which let's you do anything, like transfer to a checking account, pay bills, etc.No you can't. Not unless you get a CVS cashier that ignores protocol, that is....

Auream said:   imbatman said:   BradisBrad said:   Even if the exchange rate blows, I give them a few BP's (bradpoints) for an innovative idea.

Since when does Starbucks sell coffee for only 99 cents?

3 packs of via are 99 cents. I put 3 packs in a cup.

imbatman said:   BradisBrad said:   Even if the exchange rate blows, I give them a few BP's (bradpoints) for an innovative idea.

But let's be honest, what would you rather have? A stupid little bit of metal with some dude's face stamped on it...

Or a completely theoretical merit based point system which hold no real value towards any currency or market?

To be honest, I'd rather have a cup of coffee.

unimeg said:   Well, there is a (minimal) amount of effort involved in mailing the cards in. I'd probably sell a cheap one in store to save myself the hassle, but not one worth more than $20 or so.

+1 convenience/safety factor

Do the cashiers scan the card or is it a Plastic Jungle kiosk??

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014