• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Hey all.

I just got a brand new CC the other day with a $3200.00 limit, and have another CC that has a higher rate. I'd like to transfer $3000.00 or so of that balance over to this new card to take advantage of its 0% APR for 6 months. I've done BT's before with high amounts like that over the years with other cards, and I'm always paranoid when I do. I always worry that the new card will see me trying to transfer a high balance to their card, and it causes them to freak out and not only turn me down for that transfer, but maybe even do something worse, like also lower my credit limit as well. Anyone else ever have that happen to them before? Or have you all had no issues with BT's being done to new cards?

Thanks

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

It's not going to be denied if you have the available credit. Make sure the transfer fee doesn't put you over the limit.

Thanks for the reply.

If it's discover they will probably turn around and raise your CL. They are weird like that.

$3,000 is a high amount?

SpeedingLunatic said:   If it's discover they will probably turn around and raise your CL. They are weird like that.

It's not, but I'll have to try that out with my Discover card. Thanks for the tip!

vipercon said:   $3,000 is a high amount?

High, but not very high. Higher than some, but not higher than others. Thanks for the reply!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014