• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Must check in from yelp and show the page of yelp using the smart phone to the banker.
There're some other requirements such as making debit card transactions etc.
You can ask the bankers for detail.
They check chexsystems to open the checking account.
$10 to join the credit union if you live in california bay area.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Well, seems like on 4/24, in-bound external transfers will be quicker (from 5 days to 3 days)

BUT maximum transfer amount... (more)

dpid (Apr. 02, 2013 @ 11:23a) |

Did any one get their $100 bonus? I'm still waiting, it's been more than 2 months.

zorobabel (Apr. 08, 2013 @ 12:28a) |

my $100 bonus just posted...

catbertsf (Apr. 22, 2013 @ 1:08p) |

• Also categorized in:

Any specific link to this offer?

No link yet. But you can search Provident Credit Union on yelp from the check-ins section. It is there. Maybe they'll add a link to their website later. I saw they added the $25 Amazon gift card bonus several days after I saw a flyer in the branch.

In-branch not required. yelp not required.

http://www.providentcu.org/100cta/

must live in CA

Provident is great. I am a member.

gloreglabert said:   CA not required.

http://www.sierraclub.org/

This seems like the only non-CA option in the list. Join for $15, get a backpack, get $100 from the credit union after some easy requirements. Anyone else going this route?

PerkGetter said:   gloreglabert said:   CA not required.

This seems like the only non-CA option in the list. Join for $15, get a backpack, get $100 from the credit union after some easy requirements. Anyone else going this route?

I did, except I'm continuing to use them. Provident is a good solid CU, even if you're not local -- I'd encourage you to check them out beyond the bonus (and I'm in no way opposed to bonus churning in general).

gloreglabert said:   PerkGetter said:   gloreglabert said:   CA not required.

I did, except I'm continuing to use them. Provident is a good solid CU, even if you're not local -- I'd encourage you to check them out beyond the bonus (and I'm in no way opposed to bonus churning in general).

I bonus churn in general, but I also maintain relationships beyond the bonus. They're offered to entice us, and I've gotten some of my best accounts that way. Win-win for all.

gloreglabert said:   In-branch not required. yelp not required.

http://www.providentcu.org/100cta/

My wife doesn't have a social security # yet, so we have to use yelp.

I certify the accuracy of the above information and authorize Equifax, Inc. to access my credit file to authenticate my identity and facilitate the processing of this application for this Provident Credit Union account only. I understand that I may be asked questions based on the information in my credit file as part of this process. I also understand that Provident Credit Union may review my credit history and past banking relationships before accepting this account.

Soft pull. Nothing to worry about.

OF Course, this offer comes along, only 1 week after I open an account. And that was me dragging 3 months until I did it. Grrr. Green for you OP.

This offer has been around for months, at least. Always check for a bonus before opening an account.

I just noticed their reward checking is at 2.01% (up to 25k) and only requires:

10 debit card transactions per month (PIN- or signature-based, not including ATM transactions)
One direct deposit or automatic debit/credit (ACH) per month
E-Documents enrollment (receive your monthly statements and account notices through online banking)

It also has a Round up offer that looks a lot like BoA's Keep the Change.

Anyone have any comments on this bank?

crovax4444 said:   I just noticed their reward checking is at 2.01% (up to 25k) and only requires:

10 debit card transactions per month (PIN- or signature-based, not including ATM transactions)
E-Documents enrollment (receive your monthly statements and account notices through online banking)

The rewards checking is easy, and their online interface even has a summary of progress towards the requirements (e.g., you've met 6 of 10 debit transactions so far), which I haven't seen in any other banks. They also have the Keep the Change clone, although it doesn't work on the rewards checking account. Also have a mobile check deposit app that works well. They also have true direct connect functionality for Quicken and company, which no other credit union that I'm aware of offers. Those are the major reasons I use them.

crovax4444 said:   I just noticed their reward checking is at 2.01% (up to 25k) and only requires:

For round up of reward checking account, they don't match.
The credit union is pretty good.
If you have a reward checking account and close to one of the branch, you can also get free money order and cashier's check.
The credit union also doesn't have a lot of fees.

deleted

did they changed the terms
now u must be CTA and its 10 not 5 debit card transactions a statement cycle
is it still avail
???

Damn.. Rejected the application. They not given any reason. May be too many inquiries in last year..

GreedyEbayerApprentice said:   Damn.. Rejected the application. They not given any reason. May be too many inquiries in last year..
when did u apply? is this still live? online?
thanks!

I had a strange experience with Provident. About 3 weeks ago I applied online opened an account. Funded with CC. Online account all set up. Next day my gf opened account funded with cc but was not allowed to see online portion. Well about a week later we both receive letters with checks from our initial deposit. I was rejected for too many inquiries. I think I blew it applying for an account after I opened this one.... She was in turn rejected because I refereed her. They also stated the bonus was for People in California. On the bright side I got rid of some gift cards...

frank10b said:   GreedyEbayerApprentice said:   Damn.. Rejected the application. They not given any reason. May be too many inquiries in last year..
when did u apply? is this still live? online?
thanks!

applied online around Jan 6th. still live per the link from 3rd post on this thread.

gloreglabert said:   CA not required.

How can you get $100 if you are not CA resident when Terms and Conditions clearly state:

http://providentcu.org/terms/starterpackage.html
$100 New Account Bonus Terms and Conditions/Disclosure
You must be a new member, 18 or older and reside in California.

They recently changed the terms of the promotion. Got slightly harder to qualify (had to meet all conditions instead of just one), and it excludes non-CA residents now.

how can you make 10 easy debit payments (small amounts) for 2 statement cycles?

packs of gums, mars/hersey/dove bars around checkout counter?

AugustFour said:   how can you make 10 easy debit payments (small amounts) for 2 statement cycles?

serve or you can pay comcast bill

GreedyEbayerApprentice said:   AugustFour said:   how can you make 10 easy debit payments (small amounts) for 2 statement cycles?

serve or you can pay comcast bill

a) Perform 10 (ten) debit card transactions per statement cycle (PIN or signature-based, not including ATM transactions)

Would Serve or Comcast qualify as PIN or signature-based?

Any data points whether direct deposits could be bank to bank ACH deposits for Provident and not payrolls, etc.?

ach works for me...

Well, seems like on 4/24, in-bound external transfers will be quicker (from 5 days to 3 days)

BUT maximum transfer amount will be only $3,000 (from $25k) and maximum transfer amount every 30 days will be $6,000 (from $34,999).

Did any one get their $100 bonus? I'm still waiting, it's been more than 2 months.

my $100 bonus just posted...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014