Adirondack HSA to Cut Rate

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
"Effective 1/1/13 the APY and Interest Rate will be 1.00%"

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I'm glad I did not went with them. That rate is too low.

I have been with them for a few years now. that makes me very sad. i am not terribly surprised though.

It is still better than the one offered by my employer though. Hopefully they are just trying to get some people to leave and will raise it after they do

They will probably raise rates after everyone else has done so. I think the idea behind HSA accounts versus other types is that it will not involve many deposits and withdrawals like regular checking accounts, so you could pay a bit more in interest. However, I think Adirondack looked more closely at the number of serviced accounts and the overall total balance amounts and decided that they could not sustain continuing paying such an "out of current market" rate any longer.

bummer

Just noticed this, sad. Are there any good alternatives now?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014