Payment Requested:
Payment Processed:
Lifetime Cash Back:

State Farm Bank customers Free Turbotax 2012

First page
1 of 6
ProfessorEd
12/25/12 5:28 PM
Start Farm has posted their annual offer of free TurboTax.

Go to http://www.statefarm.com/tax/

Login to your State Farm account you would see link to free Turbo Tax online software.

Copying from last years thread:

How to fulfill "registration" provision. This is the key.

1. Log into your TurboTax account after you have gone through the State Farm link that tejalajmera posted. (If you used the TurboTax software last year, it will ask you if you want to import last years info...yes)

2. Go to the "Print & File" tab which is the last tab at the top of the 2010 return that is started.

3. Click on "print/save for your records" & enter your information. (name, address, phone #, email, etc.)
You should see the following:
Enter Your Registration Information
You don't have to pay to use TurboTax Online - Deluxe, but you must provide registration information before you can print your return.

4. Hit "submit/continue" at bottom right
You should see:
TurboTax Registration Complete.
Select Continue to File My Return and we'll walk you through the final steps.

5. You are now Registered and can now log out to complete your taxes another day or at the final hour.

***Please note that simply logging into your TurboTax account via the State Farm link does NOT register you...

They do not appear to have the forms yet, but they can start walking you through the questions.

Since they appear to lack forms now, this is not really suitable for doing last minute tax planning, such as trying to see what difference is made by certain moves you could make this year.

You must have a State Farm checking account for this offer. It pays no interest and requires $100 to set up. I have found that tying up $100 at 0% interest was worth the saving on TurboTax each year.
WikiPost
12/25/12 5:28 PM
If you don't already have a personal checking account with State Farm, all you need is $25 to open one linky

No min. balance required, you can fund with credit card (Visa/Mastercard only) and you will need a drivers license to complete application online.
Turbotax 2012 [ image/jpeg - 76.81kB ]
ProfessorEd
12/25/12 5:39 PM
While they should take the information from previous years filings, at least for me they got my first name spelled wrong on the registration (Email confirmation they sent me).

I think the problem came from having several TurboTax accounts, and I logged into with credentials for an incorrect one that had not been used for a return. Thus be sure you get the right TurboTax account in setting this up.

Also, it is not clear whether you can get a downloadable free version this year, which is needed to go form by form.
MidnightLight
12/25/12 8:34 PM
Any idea whether state filing is still also free via State Farm?

They don't have the forms yet for my state (CA), so I'm currently not seeing any state filing price details on the Registration page.
vickh
12/25/12 11:40 PM
$100 Checking account the only way? or do any credit products work?

Also will TT.com work with mint.com (unlike previous years?) I'm really looking for an integrated online/ software financial product...
Zon
12/26/12 7:41 AM
MidnightLight said:   

Any idea whether state filing is still also free via State Farm?

They don't have the forms yet for my state (CA), so I'm currently not seeing any state filing price details on the Registration page.

State is free in the online versions. On the page where it lists all the versions side by side, click on the "State Additional" links and the cost of the state is crossed out and replaced with FREE.
ablang
12/26/12 8:37 AM
Does anyone know if this is TurboTax Basic, Deluxe, or Premium?
jumi
12/26/12 9:00 AM
ablang said:   

Does anyone know if this is TurboTax Basic, Deluxe, or Premium?

It is TurboTax Online Deluxe.
makinbutter
12/26/12 10:34 AM
anyone know what the cheapest way to get TT is if you're not a State Farm customer?
coolchicagoguy
12/26/12 11:01 AM
hebron1427 said:   

anyone know what the cheapest way to get TT is if you're not a State Farm customer?

Usually most banks have discounted prices this time of the year. If you are a BofA, Citi or Chase customer, you can try from there as well.
First page
1 of 6
Please select a reason for your RED vote:

You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.