• Go to page :
  • 123 4
  • Text Only
THANK YOU FAT WALLET. Seriously. Thank you ALL. I had to go through and thank each of you individually.

Here is the update and answers to mostly everyones questions....

I worked with Home Depot over the last week and I told them exactly like you all said to do. I asked for the quote in written where it said $1500. No quote appeared. At that point....Home Depot said I was on the hook for $827. End of story. I ended up getting 6 months no interest on my card. The "Pound the sand" strategy sounded wild and crazy a week back but today it all made sense. So what did I learn?

1) Always get quotes in writing.
2) Don't let emotions get the best of you.
3) Always brief the tenant about working being done and never to have them sign anything.
4) Contractors will screw you. Your job is not to get screwed.
5) Fat Wallet isn't just a message board. It's a family. It's a way of life.

THANK YOU ALL. Green for everyone. Saved me $700 in real cash.

Nice work.

Holy reply-to-self batman.

Green for updating thread

Wow! OP wrote 40 posts replying.

DellFanBoy said:   SUCKISSTAPLES said:   Unless the tenant was paying for the repair, the fact they signed something is meaningless

The plumber could have your neighbor sign the invoice , doesn't make it enforceable against you

Staples - Best arm chair lawyer of the year. Seriously. Thanks for the advice. This was a non issue as you mentioned.

I play one in real life too.

Glad it all worked out for you !!!

OliverQuackenbush said:   BEEFjerKAY said:   dyam45 said:   If they take it, put it in writing and to write on the check in the memo too "to settle all debt for services rendered. "

Didn't that go out of fashion with 78 rpm records?

You could write "to acknowledge payer as rightful heir to the Hapsburg Empire" and have much the same effect.

Please tell me any legal principle in American jurisprudence that is more recent than 78 rpm records

"Right to privacy."

Actually all the laws that impact fwfers the most are recent :
CFAA
FCRA FCBA FDCPA

Sweet, good to see you beat it out, there web statements leave it open ended to charge anything............

BTW I have to ask, even though it doesn't matter did they explain the price difference between the 1027 and 1500? Like what was done or had changed?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014