• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
enc0re said:   GermanBoy said:   Update: I submitted a complaint to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau yesterday, around 1:00pm. By 3:00pm, I had someone from Chase's Card Services Executive Office calling me. Today, I had a temporary credit back to the account and it sounds like Chase is going to get this resolved.

Score one for the CPFB.

Still frustrating that Chase couldn't solve this internally.

Green for update. The CPFB and FWF. Sounds like the beginning of a wonderful friendship if you ask me.

Unfortunately, no. The CFPB is going to slowly eliminate the environment I which FatWallet works best. The consumers they are "protecting" are the ones who make our exploits possible.

KYBOSH said:   I want to know where the money disappeared to...
It probably didnt disappear, just hit a roadblock and was sitting in limbo waiting for the next discrepancy report (weekly, monthly, quarterly?) to be reconciled.

I would love to know where the money went also

So wait...OP said he has $3000 on his BB account now. I'd say BT was successful?

GermanBoy said:   KYBOSH said:   I want to know where the money disappeared to...

I am still following the thread. It looks like, January 8th, someone at AMEX loaded the $3000 into my Bluebird account. Chase hasn't contacted me to tell me that the issue hasn't been closed yet, so I suspect they are still tying things up on their end.

Good catch. I just assumed this would all get reversed and didn't read his update that closely.

So I guess if anyone wants to send BT to BB the process just takes several weeks and a CFPB complaint. Good to know.

Crazytree said:   99% of problems can be solved with a little patience and persistence... 1% of problems require the threat of a swift kick in the ass. This problem fell into the latter category.

you can get further with a kind word and a gun than you can with just a kind word. just dont forget the kind word, thats the important part.

I think someone else should try it...just to see how it goes. Maybe this was a one-time fluke that had nothing to do with a Chase to BB BT? Maybe it was simply some error in Chase, or perhaps a new employee at Chase handled it improperly? There's too many what-ifs here that cannot be answered with this one-time experience.

I'd try it, but don't have a BB account, nor any Chase BT offers.

So does op now have $3000 in his bb account PLUS chase credited the money?? Woohoo!!

Bank error collect $3000!

SUCKISSTAPLES said:   So does op now have $3000 in his bb account PLUS chase credited the money?? Woohoo!!

I have my doubts about this actually being the end result. However, if so, looks like OP just inadvertently socially engineered someone!

SUCKISSTAPLES said:   So does op now have $3000 in his bb account PLUS chase credited the money?? Woohoo!!

Yeah, I wouldn't get too excited. I had some random website charge around $16 bucks to my chase CC. Chase flagged the transaction before it was able to post and after calling me, they blocked it so it never showed on my account. But then after that, the website gave me a credit for the same amount. Two months later, the website charged the same amount to the same card.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014