• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Didn't see this one posted on my wife's account, but we did get a letter about spending $3k a month for 6 months to receive an extra $500 so be on the look out for that. My guess is that is why we don't have the extra 2% for January unless someone can point me to where it would be posted.

HotSalami said:   Not targeted. Discover annoys me, as they don't consistently display rewards banners across all accounts.

After you log in, click on "Account Profile" on the top right side of the page, scroll down to the "Rewards Options" section, which is near the bottom of the profile page. All your offers (signed up or not) will be displayed there.

Thanks for posting this, but it's definitely targeted (or maybe random). I got it on one of my cards but not the other. Strangely, although I clicked on the link in the email and it claimed I had signed up, when I just checked via the Account Profile, it said that I had not.

king0fSpades said:   Discover should only be used with shopdscover 5% and online promotion. For everything else use unlimited 2% from fidelity AMEX.

Ummm, no.

thanks...in!

HotSalami said:   After you log in, click on "Account Profile" on the top right side of the page, scroll down to the "Rewards Options" section, which is near the bottom of the profile page. All your offers (signed up or not) will be displayed there.

Thanks for the info.
I didn't get an email and the offer was not obvious when I logged in, but found it on both of my accounts using your advice.

begunn said:   HotSalami said:   After you log in, click on "Account Profile" on the top right side of the page, scroll down to the "Rewards Options" section, which is near the bottom of the profile page. All your offers (signed up or not) will be displayed there.

Thanks for the info.
I didn't get an email and the offer was not obvious when I logged in, but found it on both of my accounts using your advice.

You're welcome (so much for those red-flagging Debbie Downer's)

I'd *love* to figure out the rhyme or reason to Discover and their various card brands. I know (many years ago) that the Open Road card missed out on many of these promotions. Perhaps we can start collecting statistics on the successes/failures of those here. I'll start:

Success: 2 Discover More cards, one of which usually lacks the promo banner (need to go to the Profile to activate)
Failure: Discover Business (charter member)

HotSalami said:   Not targeted. Discover annoys me, as they don't consistently display rewards banners across all accounts.

After you log in, click on "Account Profile" on the top right side of the page, scroll down to the "Rewards Options" section, which is near the bottom of the profile page. All your offers (signed up or not) will be displayed there.

This section does not exist for business accounts. I suppose there are other account/card types that may be excluded as well.

Appears targeted. "All" of my offers consist of only one offer- the 5% Cash Back for restaurants and movies.

skmoney said:   The $50 for $25 was back in the days before the quarterly 5% of certain categories. It took several thousand in spending to reach the max of 1% CashBack. So, they were giving double reward but really it was based on a poor Cash Back percentage. Many visa/mastercard cc's were giving 1% so it wasn't worth it at all to use Discover. That's why they changed incentive strategy. Now, they can't afford to double rewards with the 5% quarterly categories.
Why don't you try "Send Money"?

johnnybs said:   HotSalami said:   Not targeted. Discover annoys me, as they don't consistently display rewards banners across all accounts.

This section does not exist for business accounts. I suppose there are other account/card types that may be excluded as well.

Appears targeted. "All" of my offers consist of only one offer- the 5% Cash Back for restaurants and movies.

Same here. Must be targeted.

Was able to signup from the account profile page

Only thing i see is a $15 statement credit offer when you charge $150 on Expedia.com.

nvm

jatan1986 said:   Was able to signup from the account profile page

only thing under Rewards options was the quarterly 5%:
January March 2013 Restaurants and Movies

so this extra 2% is targeted

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014