Discover IT card

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • Text Only
HiLine said:   First of all, sign-up bonuses are usually in the hundreds, so $22.50 per year is relatively insignificant. Second of all, there are many cards out there that offer at least 1.5% Cash Back on everything. It's hard to imagine the $22.5 per year difference makes people turn to Discover for general use all of a sudden.

Who said anything about general use? My Discover IT will still get very targeted use; it will just see a little more action than before. $22.50 is $22.50. If I could make a 2 minute chat to customer service and get $22.50 more out of one of my BofA, Chase or Citi Cards, I'd do that too.

Chris.

If you do not use the card for general use, the Discover IT doesn't give you any more CashBack than the Discover More.

HiLine said:   If you do not use the card for general use, the Discover IT doesn't give you any more CashBack than the Discover More.

Not true. ShopDiscover purchases earn regular CashBack in addition to the ShopDiscover %. So with the IT card, you get the ShopDiscover + 1% instead of .25%. Also, Sam's Club doesn't accept Visa or AMEX. So if you don't happen to have a MasterCard that gives a good % at Sam's, the Discover IT is a good alternative, and would give you 1% instead of .25%.

Chris.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014