QUICK LINKS
MY ACCOUNT
Cash Pending:
Cash Available:
Payment Requested:
Payment Processed:
Lifetime Cash Back:

Sharebuilder - $200 account open bonus (open by 1/10, fund $10K by 1/17)

First page
1 of 6
kickerstarter
1/4/13 1:43 PM
Have not seen it being mentioned. Use Dec12Get200 to open account and get $200 bonus. An easy 2%. Even works with custodian account.

http://content.sharebuilder.com/mgdcon/jump/consumer/xsell/dmt/d...

Fine Print said:

You must have a U.S. Tax I.D. (Social Security Number) to open a ShareBuilder Account. Capital One ShareBuilder, Inc. limits one promotional award per unique Customer or custodial beneficiary. Not valid with IRA or Education Savings Accounts. Capital One ShareBuilder, Inc. will deposit a $200 bonus approximately 4-6 weeks after your first $10,000 deposit. The $200 bonus from Capital One ShareBuilder, Inc. is not available for withdrawal for 120 days after it is awarded to your account. Assets transferred into the account to qualify for this promotion must remain in the account (minus any losses related to trading or market volatility) for at least six (6) months or your award may be reclaimed by Capital One ShareBuilder, Inc. Capital One ShareBuilder, Inc. reserves the right to terminate this offer at any time and to refuse or recover any promotion award if Capital One ShareBuilder, Inc. determines that it was obtained under wrongful or fraudulent circumstances, that inaccurate or incomplete information was provided in opening the account, or that any term of Capital One ShareBuilder, Inc.'s Account Agreement has been violated. Offer expires 01/10/2013.

WikiPost
1/4/13 1:44 PM
n3rdcore
1/4/13 1:55 PM
I don't see anything requiring you to be a "new" customer. I have a Sharebuilder account I opened about 2 years ago for a bonus, has been sitting at $0 balance for a while now. Anyone else sign up for this, having an existing account already?
AugustFour
1/4/13 2:21 PM
same question: as an existing shareholder, can i apply for this offer?
MrNovember
1/4/13 3:07 PM
Can any of the 10k be lost if you don't trade?
kickerstarter
1/4/13 3:16 PM
My guess is you get the typical SIPC / FDIC insurance depending on their sweep option.

Sharebuilder account holders. Any ideas if Sharebuilder offers NTF funds? Like money market / bond funds?
thetobster
1/4/13 4:36 PM
The $200 bonus from Capital One ShareBuilder, Inc. is not available for withdrawal for 120 days after it is awarded to your account. Assets transferred into the account to qualify for this promotion must remain in the account (minus any losses related to trading or market volatility) for at least six (6) months or your award may be reclaimed by Capital One ShareBuilder, Inc. Capital One ShareBuilder, Inc. reserves the right to terminate this offer at any time and to refuse or recover any promotion award if Capital One ShareBuilder, Inc. determines that it was obtained under wrongful or fraudulent circumstances, that inaccurate or incomplete information was provided in opening the account, or that any term of Capital One ShareBuilder, Inc.s Account Agreement has been violated. Offer expires 01/10/2013.
nik12ia
1/4/13 5:49 PM
"Capital One ShareBuilder, Inc. limits one promotional award per unique Customer or custodial beneficiary."

Not clear if this rule includes any previous awards or just applies to this offer.

Does anybody have experience receiving multiple ShareBuilder bonuses for the same name ?
dbl118
1/4/13 6:01 PM
Personally, I don't think it's worth the hassle to commit 10,000 for 6+ months to pick up $200. Maybe it's worth it if you are planning to do more than just park your money there. I prefer my money either liquid, or invested with the possibility of getting a decent return, and this is neither.
Kinasharma01
1/4/13 9:45 PM
Of course this is liquid and decent return. They are not asking you to make any trades. Just deposit the money there and leave it, no need to buy any stocks. $200 makes is 4% annual return... pretty decent I think.
First page
1 of 6
Please select a reason for your RED vote:

You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.