• Go to page :
  • 123 4 5
  • Text Only
ucfzf10 said:   My DW applied for the PRG with the 50K offer and no Annual Fee for first year. I just saw the latest activity (statement hasn't been generated yet) and the $175 fee has been charged. Did anyone else see this?

I got charged the $175 annual fee as well. I called in and the rep confirmed that the annual fee will be removed in a day or two. It was credited back the next day.

Fuerza said:   Can someone help me? I went ahead and applied for a PRG and was instantly approved. My issue is that I can't find any information about getting the bonus I applied for. For me I was awarded 30000 points for spending $3000 in 3 months. I can't find anything on this. I called AMEX 3 times each time getting a different answer, first was no bonus, second was call new member services, third was wait 72 hours and the offer will pop up. Its been 72 hours sense my approval I applied on Tuesday. So far I've got nothing.

Talking with AMEX a few days ago I ended up losing the bonus offer. What happen for me is that I used the short application which caused the bonus removal. I did get the no annual fee for the first year so I plan to hold onto the PRG.

What I'm curious about is there a possibility of getting an upgrade with a bonus offer or just waiting out for the next AMEX Platinum 100k bonus?

duplicate

whodini said:   brandon032586 said:   Data point: I made my purchase on Monday, Jan. 14, got the points today.
note, I got 100k way before the 3k points that won't clear until end of Feb for me.


The points balance shows as zero on the main account info page, but if I click on Go to Membership Rewards link, pick my Platinum membership account (I have 2 active), the points show up under "pending".

Fuerza said:   Fuerza said:   Can someone help me? I went ahead and applied for a PRG and was instantly approved. My issue is that I can't find any information about getting the bonus I applied for. For me I was awarded 30000 points for spending $3000 in 3 months. I can't find anything on this. I called AMEX 3 times each time getting a different answer, first was no bonus, second was call new member services, third was wait 72 hours and the offer will pop up. Its been 72 hours sense my approval I applied on Tuesday. So far I've got nothing.

Talking with AMEX a few days ago I ended up losing the bonus offer. What happen for me is that I used the short application which caused the bonus removal. I did get the no annual fee for the first year so I plan to hold onto the PRG.

What I'm curious about is there a possibility of getting an upgrade with a bonus offer or just waiting out for the next AMEX Platinum 100k bonus?


Can you describe what you mean by the short app? Did you click the link that showed the bonus points offer to get to the applicaation or did you go somewhere else to app?

Short app means after clicking through to the bonus offer page there is something that says something like "already signed up for AMEX? Take a shortcut by logging in first." most likely logging in invalidates the sign up bonus.

I got PRG one and half years ago and still have it.

I applied the Platinum and got instant approval. Now, I've spent 3k but I still don't see the 100k posted.

Am I out of luck?

sunspotzsz said:   I got PRG one and half years ago and still have it.

I applied the Platinum and got instant approval. Now, I've spent 3k but I still don't see the 100k posted.

Am I out of luck?


Probably, they seem to be strictly enforcing the bonus eligibility rules (an open PRG card disqualifies you from getting a Platinum bonus according to those rules).

You can still get your $200 airline credit and cancel to get out of the annual fee.

dl73 said:   sunspotzsz said:   I got PRG one and half years ago and still have it.

I applied the Platinum and got instant approval. Now, I've spent 3k but I still don't see the 100k posted.

Am I out of luck?


Probably, they seem to be strictly enforcing the bonus eligibility rules (an open PRG card disqualifies you from getting a Platinum bonus according to those rules).

You can still get your $200 airline credit and cancel to get out of the annual fee.


thanks man. I did already got the $200 airline credit. I hate to cancel it now and get annual fee back.

whodini said:   whodini said:   brandon032586 said:   Data point: I made my purchase on Monday, Jan. 14, got the points today.
note, I got 100k way before the 3k points that won't clear until end of Feb for me.


The points balance shows as zero on the main account info page, but if I click on Go to Membership Rewards link, pick my Platinum membership account (I have 2 active), the points show up under "pending".


Is anybody able to use their points yet? My 50K still show as "pending" but it doesn't specify a date as to when they actually become available.

Used 50k out of 100k for an air ticket.

I used a Miles Broker to trade my points for cash ($1250), Gift Card trading service to exchange the AA gift card for Amazon GC (at 84% value), and expect my card fee to be refunded like in the past. I used my remaining points above 100k from my $3k minimum spending with purchases on Amazon for another $25. I should net ~$1400. I also called Members Rewards to request for points acceleration posting which they can accommodate instantly. Many braved people at SD reported they were able to get both the Platinum/Gold points.

As an FYI, I compared gift card sale options for airlines and found SW to be the highest thru Plastic Jungle (84% cash, 88.2% Amazon).

SS7Man said:   I used a Miles Broker to trade my points for cash ($1250), Gift Card trading service to exchange the AA gift card for Amazon GC (at 84% value), and expect my card fee to be refunded like in the past. I used my remaining points above 100k from my $3k minimum spending with purchases on Amazon for another $25. I should net ~$1400. I also called Members Rewards to request for points acceleration posting which they can accommodate instantly. Many braved people at SD reported they were able to get both the Platinum/Gold points.

Do you do anything special to get that fee refunded?
Do you plan to use it heavy?
$450 is a lot of goodwill.

I had applied for the PRG and the bonus points posted as soon as the spending requirements were met.However with the statement I got charged the $175 annual fee.
I called in and had a hard time getting it waived.First the rep asked me where i found the offer.After answering she put me on hold and said that she couldn't see the introductory offer on my account.When i insisted, she put me on hold again.This time she said that the offer was valid only for people who applied between 11/1 and 12/31.

I repeated that i have the screenshot of the offer and there was no mention of any expiry date on the offer.I was put on hold for the 3rd time.This time the rep said that she "found" the offer and the the annual fee will be removed in a day or two.So if they refuse to waive the fee just keep trying.

I got two gold cards with this offer and got tagged with the $175 fee on each of them. Secure email to CS and they replied within the hour with a credit back on both accounts. Check your statements.

Wish AMEX would team up with Southwest. I bought a RT ticket from Phx to Chicago for 237 after taxes but they won't xfer the miles to Southwest. Oh well.

KYBOSH said:   SS7Man said:   I used a Miles Broker to trade my points for cash ($1250), Gift Card trading service to exchange the AA gift card for Amazon GC (at 84% value), and expect my card fee to be refunded like in the past. I used my remaining points above 100k from my $3k minimum spending with purchases on Amazon for another $25. I should net ~$1400. I also called Members Rewards to request for points acceleration posting which they can accommodate instantly. Many braved people at SD reported they were able to get both the Platinum/Gold points.

Do you do anything special to get that fee refunded?
Do you plan to use it heavy?
$450 is a lot of goodwill.


It sounds like its their policy but who really knows and not believe everything you read on the net. I see a lot of people saying the fee is non-waivable and some says its pro-rated. I think its a matter of when you cancel. So I have canceled pretty much immediately after getting my first billing statement. I paid immediately the day I received my statement. The fee is fully refunded and all I did was asked during cancelation for verification that I am getting the full fee to be refunded. The first rep I spoke to said it was pro-rated but she cannot cancel accounts and transferred the call to the cancellation dept. The cancellation dept said its to be fully refunded.

I'm done with this deal. Good luck to everyone else!

parmenides said:   I got two gold cards with this offer and got tagged with the $175 fee on each of them. Secure email to CS and they replied within the hour with a credit back on both accounts. Check your statements.

I also got a gold card and was charged the fee. I got it reversed with a phone call. I met the $1000 spend more than a week ago and haven't gotten the bonus.

I signed up for the AMEX Platinum 100K MR after $3000 in 3 months offer. On getting the card last month, I called AMEX and checked on this offer. They confirmed that this sign-up offer was valid on my card. I am close to reaching the $3000 required for the offer and so called them again today to confirm the offer. They did a complete about turn on me. They said that it was only valid for new card members and since I already had a Gold card, it was not valid. After quite an extended conversation, the rep put put in a ticket to have it looked into.

Is anyone facing similar issues?

skrisna said:   I signed up for the AMEX Platinum 100K MR after $3000 in 3 months offer. On getting the card last month, I called AMEX and checked on this offer. They confirmed that this sign-up offer was valid on my card. I am close to reaching the $3000 required for the offer and so called them again today to confirm the offer. They did a complete about turn on me. They said that it was only valid for new card members and since I already had a Gold card, it was not valid. After quite an extended conversation, the rep put put in a ticket to have it looked into.

Is anyone facing similar issues?


Had the same thing happen to me, and escalating did not help. I ended up canceling the card and getting my yearly fee refunded.

Just wanted to update - hit my spending threshold over the weekend and my points went into pending status by the end of the day yesterday.

If you're at all concerned that the 100k bonus isn't noted on your account, calling plat customer service (put in your cc# then keep saying representative to the IVR) is the easiest way to figure it out. They can look up the award promos and confirm it. They can also accelerate posting once they're pending, at least that's what they told me they'd do if I needed to redeem them quickly.

I'm pretty impressed with the platinum CS line. They also helped me with my other AMEX products, including reallocating my SPG line to another card and closing it.

I'll be trying the lounge access, US at DCA, in a couple of weeks. I'll post back if the lounge dragon has any issue allowing access with a Platinum card.

sjwaste said:   Just wanted to update - hit my spending threshold over the weekend and my points went into pending status by the end of the day yesterday.

If you're at all concerned that the 100k bonus isn't noted on your account, calling plat customer service (put in your cc# then keep saying representative to the IVR) is the easiest way to figure it out. They can look up the award promos and confirm it. They can also accelerate posting once they're pending, at least that's what they told me they'd do if I needed to redeem them quickly.
I sent them a secure email once I paid the balance; the points moved from pending to available a few hours later.

kjgco said:   sjwaste said:   Just wanted to update - hit my spending threshold over the weekend and my points went into pending status by the end of the day yesterday.

If you're at all concerned that the 100k bonus isn't noted on your account, calling plat customer service (put in your cc# then keep saying representative to the IVR) is the easiest way to figure it out. They can look up the award promos and confirm it. They can also accelerate posting once they're pending, at least that's what they told me they'd do if I needed to redeem them quickly.
I sent them a secure email once I paid the balance; the points moved from pending to available a few hours later.


I just logged in again to check my balance and my points were posted and available. I didn't even have to ask. So I guess they either noted it when I called or they become available very quickly once earned. I know the usual statement-based MR points take about a month to post, but bonuses could be different.

Either way, I'm very happy.

SS7Man said:   KYBOSH said:   SS7Man said:   I used a Miles Broker to trade my points for cash ($1250), Gift Card trading service to exchange the AA gift card for Amazon GC (at 84% value), and expect my card fee to be refunded like in the past. I used my remaining points above 100k from my $3k minimum spending with purchases on Amazon for another $25. I should net ~$1400. I also called Members Rewards to request for points acceleration posting which they can accommodate instantly. Many braved people at SD reported they were able to get both the Platinum/Gold points.

Do you do anything special to get that fee refunded?
Do you plan to use it heavy?
$450 is a lot of goodwill.


It sounds like its their policy but who really knows and not believe everything you read on the net. I see a lot of people saying the fee is non-waivable and some says its pro-rated. I think its a matter of when you cancel. So I have canceled pretty much immediately after getting my first billing statement. I paid immediately the day I received my statement. The fee is fully refunded and all I did was asked during cancelation for verification that I am getting the full fee to be refunded. The first rep I spoke to said it was pro-rated but she cannot cancel accounts and transferred the call to the cancellation dept. The cancellation dept said its to be fully refunded.

I'm done with this deal. Good luck to everyone else!


How long did it take to get the refund of the annual fee? The very rude lady (honestly, I guess I deserved it for the this sign up bonus) told me that the annual fee would not be prorated when I canceled. Is it because I already paid the annual fee that they won't prorate the cancellation?

Might be one of the few that's keeping the card for the year and hoping for a double dip on the $200 credit come next January... Anyways, received the 100k right after the $3000 in spend posted to my account. I've used the card 5 or 6 times at Delta lounges (departure and arrival airports) without issue with a Delta boarding pass. Also used it for the Baltimore "generic" lounge, which worked fine too. Haven't had the chance to use the priority pass as of yet, but it's in the wallet just in case.

brandon032586 said:   SS7Man said:   KYBOSH said:   SS7Man said:   I used a Miles Broker to trade my points for cash ($1250), Gift Card trading service to exchange the AA gift card for Amazon GC (at 84% value), and expect my card fee to be refunded like in the past. I used my remaining points above 100k from my $3k minimum spending with purchases on Amazon for another $25. I should net ~$1400. I also called Members Rewards to request for points acceleration posting which they can accommodate instantly. Many braved people at SD reported they were able to get both the Platinum/Gold points.

Do you do anything special to get that fee refunded?
Do you plan to use it heavy?
$450 is a lot of goodwill.


It sounds like its their policy but who really knows and not believe everything you read on the net. I see a lot of people saying the fee is non-waivable and some says its pro-rated. I think its a matter of when you cancel. So I have canceled pretty much immediately after getting my first billing statement. I paid immediately the day I received my statement. The fee is fully refunded and all I did was asked during cancelation for verification that I am getting the full fee to be refunded. The first rep I spoke to said it was pro-rated but she cannot cancel accounts and transferred the call to the cancellation dept. The cancellation dept said its to be fully refunded.

I'm done with this deal. Good luck to everyone else!


How long did it take to get the refund of the annual fee? The very rude lady (honestly, I guess I deserved it for the this sign up bonus) told me that the annual fee would not be prorated when I canceled. Is it because I already paid the annual fee that they won't prorate the cancellation?


UPDATE: Not only did they refund me the annual fee, it was not prorated! I got the full 450 back even after two statements have passed.

Any existing PRG card holder got the 100k?

So after receiving my 100k membership rewards points bonus, I downgraded to an AMEX Green card with a lower annual fee and got a prorated refund of the $450 annual fee I already paid. A month or two has gone by... I called this morning to ask an unrelated question and was told at the end of the call that there's an offer on my account to upgrade to Platinum, spend $3k and receive another 100k membership rewards points bonus. (I would have to pay the $450 annual fee again.) I told the CSR that was the same offer I originally signed up for, but she said it was coded for the account and I was eligible.

I have my doubts, but I'll give it a try and see what happens. Anyone else gotten this offer?



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014