• Go to page :
  • 1 2345
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Signup bonus no longer live

Credit to SD/Flyertalk...

https://www.creditcards.com/cardmatch/

SSN not required on their pre-check page! I also used incognito mode in Chrome, but I'm not sure if it matters or not.

From there, they listed several AMEX offers ($250 for AMEX Blue Preferred, 45k Delta miles and a couple others), clicked-through on the 100k Platinum offer, and was shown the offer as advertised on an AmericanExpress.com application page. After approval, the bonus was confirmed on the final "Congratulations" page. As someone stated below, yes, $450 annual fee not waived.

Good luck...

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
UPDATE: Not only did they refund me the annual fee, it was not prorated! I got the full 450 back even after two statemen... (more)

brandon032586 (Mar. 11, 2013 @ 9:42a) |

Any existing PRG card holder got the 100k?

sunspotzsz (Mar. 18, 2013 @ 1:20p) |

So after receiving my 100k membership rewards points bonus, I downgraded to an AMEX Green card with a lower annual fee a... (more)

dippy943 (May. 29, 2013 @ 10:35a) |

  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

$450 AF

vegas4x4 said:   $450 AF

Do they charge annual fee at the end of year? If yes then probably can cancel before year.

No, fee is charged up front.

If you're interested in travel this is a no-brainer. If you're interested in cash, it's harder.

gloreglabert said:   No, fee is charged up front.

If you're interested in travel this is a no-brainer. If you're interested in cash, it's harder.


Why? 100K points is $1,000 in gift cards. Pay the yearly fee and you are still ahead over $500 in gift cards.

He didn't say it was hard. Just harder.
Still a good deal.

100k MR points goes for about $1200 with a broker.

So, fill in the information for the above link but skip the SSN part and you can still browse?

Skipped SSN and was led to this app page (pay attention to bolded section, for emphasis):

* Receive 100,000 Membership Rewards« points when you spend $3,000 in your first 3 months of Card membership.1
Annual Membership Fee is $450.2
* Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have had this product within the last 12 months or any Consumer ZYNC«, Green or Gold Card account within the last 90 days

Is there a direct link to the AMEX app? I'm leery of giving my personal info to whoever this 3rd party is. Can I put in some BS?

If you cancel after having the card a few months, do they refund some of the fee? I know Chase does this, but American Express seems like the kind of company that would not.

i3ighead said:   100k MR points goes for about $1200 with a broker.
what kind of gift cards?

I just checked 100$ worth 20000 points

Just to make sure: cardmatch just points you to the application page, but does not guarantee in any way that you qualify, right? Having never had any AMEX card before, I doubt I can get platinum.

i3ighead said:   100k MR points goes for about $1200 with a broker.

Can you clarify what you mean by this?

I'm seeing 50K points for a gold card with no first year fee. Awesome! Thanks OP!

Looks like everyone is getting the same offers so I highly doubt they are checking any credit at all (despite their disclaimer).

Tremendous deals on the Gold and Platinum. Sadly current Platinum DQ's me from the offer!

Search around for the long list of benefits of the Platinum card. Its a killer card if you travel...not sure if all of these offers are still around, but I've enjoyed:
- Lounge access
- $200 annual reimbursement for expenses on a particular airline (my 2013 reimbursement just posted today)
- $100 reimbursement for Global Entry fee (potentially a pain to get to the interview if you don't live near a major airport, but very useful nonetheless)
- Free year of TripIt Pro (not sure if this is still true)
- SPG Gold status (not great, but better than nothing)

arkleseizure said:   Looks like everyone is getting the same offers so I highly doubt they are checking any credit at all (despite their disclaimer).

Tremendous deals on the Gold and Platinum. Sadly current Platinum DQ's me from the offer!

Search around for the long list of benefits of the Platinum card. Its a killer card if you travel...not sure if all of these offers are still around, but I've enjoyed:
- Lounge access
- $200 annual reimbursement for expenses on a particular airline (my 2013 reimbursement just posted today)
- $100 reimbursement for Global Entry fee (potentially a pain to get to the interview if you don't live near a major airport, but very useful nonetheless)
- Free year of TripIt Pro (not sure if this is still true)
- SPG Gold status (not great, but better than nothing)


tripitpro is no longer a benefit. the rest of them benefits are still good.

You will also see second offer for Gold card - 50k points for $1000 in three months with 0 fee for the first year. I think is easier than $550 after 3k spend.

Can you do both Platinum and Gold if both offers are there? I just got approved for the Platinum.

SS7Man said:   Can you do both Platinum and Gold if both offers are there? I just got approved for the Platinum.
You can, and you can get approved for both, but it's very YMMV if you'll get both bonuses.

Heck, it's YMMV if you'll even get one bonus if you don't meet the fine print about not having the card or a similar one recently (see above).

Is this worth it if you only fly 3-4 times a year? I assume yes because of the baggage fee reimbursement.

A tip about annual reimbursement. People have successfully used this to buy $200 gift cards (AA and UA) and get a refund. Check flyer talk regarding this reimbursement.

arkleseizure said:   Looks like everyone is getting the same offers so I highly doubt they are checking any credit at all (despite their disclaimer).

Tremendous deals on the Gold and Platinum. Sadly current Platinum DQ's me from the offer!

Search around for the long list of benefits of the Platinum card. Its a killer card if you travel...not sure if all of these offers are still around, but I've enjoyed:
- Lounge access
- $200 annual reimbursement for expenses on a particular airline (my 2013 reimbursement just posted today)
- $100 reimbursement for Global Entry fee (potentially a pain to get to the interview if you don't live near a major airport, but very useful nonetheless)
- Free year of TripIt Pro (not sure if this is still true)
- SPG Gold status (not great, but better than nothing)

Cmoz said:   Skipped SSN and was led to this app page (pay attention to bolded section, for emphasis):

* Receive 100,000 Membership Rewards« points when you spend $3,000 in your first 3 months of Card membership.1
Annual Membership Fee is $450.2
* Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have had this product within the last 12 months or any Consumer ZYNC«, Green or Gold Card account within the last 90 days


Okay, dumb question. I cancelled my Gold a month ago. It's 90 days from cancellation, not application right?

Got mine 2 months ago for 50K. Just signed the wife up under this one though. thanks OP

Nice! Thanks OP! I've been waiting for the 100K offer for a while but never thought a Gold card could disqualify My Gold card is business version though so I'm wondering if it's still a reason for disqualification.

Thanks a bunch! In for 2 Golds, I am awash with points, so I was happy to just take the 50K from the gold with no fee and easy spend requirement.

mattun said:   Cmoz said:   Skipped SSN and was led to this app page (pay attention to bolded section, for emphasis):

* Receive 100,000 Membership Rewards« points when you spend $3,000 in your first 3 months of Card membership.1
Annual Membership Fee is $450.2
* Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have had this product within the last 12 months or any Consumer ZYNC«, Green or Gold Card account within the last 90 days


Okay, dumb question. I cancelled my Gold a month ago. It's 90 days from cancellation, not application right?
Didn't try this, but I would say no. You had the product within the last 12 months. I wish I waited for this instead of applying for it 2 months ago for 50K.

Yoksel said:   Nice! Thanks OP! I've been waiting for the 100K offer for a while but never thought a Gold card could disqualify My Gold card is business version though so I'm wondering if it's still a reason for disqualification.You should be fine as it's treated differently from personal cards. I'm actually waiting for a good PRG Business CC offer.

sfvera said:   gloreglabert said:   No, fee is charged up front.

If you're interested in travel this is a no-brainer. If you're interested in cash, it's harder.


Why? 100K points is $1,000 in gift cards. Pay the yearly fee and you are still ahead over $500 in gift cards.


Is there a way that we can make our 100,000 points be worth much more than $1000?

bigdinkel said:   sfvera said:   gloreglabert said:   No, fee is charged up front.

If you're interested in travel this is a no-brainer. If you're interested in cash, it's harder.


Why? 100K points is $1,000 in gift cards. Pay the yearly fee and you are still ahead over $500 in gift cards.


Is there a way that we can make our 100,000 points be worth much more than $1000?

Yes. Use them to travel.

Is the site getting hammered? Entered everything and when I submitted got this:

Currently, our systems are not responding. Please try again later or call/contact us as follows:

To apply by phone or for product information -- 1-800-223-2670.

We apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to serving you.

newbietx said:   Is the site getting hammered? Entered everything and when I submitted got this:

Currently, our systems are not responding. Please try again later or call/contact us as follows:

To apply by phone or for product information -- 1-800-223-2670.

We apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to serving you.


Yes, people are going crazy.

got approved for Gold and UPS 1-3 day delivery, thanks OP

newbietx said:   Is the site getting hammered? Entered everything and when I submitted got this:

Currently, our systems are not responding. Please try again later or call/contact us as follows:

To apply by phone or for product information -- 1-800-223-2670.

We apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to serving you.


Got that message on Chrome, but when I copied the link to IE it worked fine. Try that.

Ahh...Yoksel's advise is probably spot on. I have been logged in in Chrome which was likely the issue.

arkleseizure said:   newbietx said:   Is the site getting hammered? Entered everything and when I submitted got this:

Currently, our systems are not responding. Please try again later or call/contact us as follows:

To apply by phone or for product information -- 1-800-223-2670.

We apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to serving you.


Got that message on Chrome, but when I copied the link to IE it worked fine. Try that.


Thanks. I have actually been trying in IE and got that message both times

newbietx said:   Is the site getting hammered? Entered everything and when I submitted got this:

Currently, our systems are not responding. Please try again later or call/contact us as follows:

To apply by phone or for product information -- 1-800-223-2670.

We apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to serving you.

If you're currently logged into your AMEX account, logout and try again. Thank javabytes from FT. Solved the issue for me and approved immediately.

Received the error message several times, finally went through.. Thanks OP/SD/FT!

HA! What do you know, failed twice in IE and worked the first time in Chrome Applied for the gold premier card and was approved! Thanks OP and others for helping with the the tips in making this work!

Thanks

Has anyone been hit with a credit report pull (soft or hard) just from entering information on their precheck page (not from applying for the card)?

Skipping 129 Messages...
So after receiving my 100k membership rewards points bonus, I downgraded to an AMEX Green card with a lower annual fee and got a prorated refund of the $450 annual fee I already paid. A month or two has gone by... I called this morning to ask an unrelated question and was told at the end of the call that there's an offer on my account to upgrade to Platinum, spend $3k and receive another 100k membership rewards points bonus. (I would have to pay the $450 annual fee again.) I told the CSR that was the same offer I originally signed up for, but she said it was coded for the account and I was eligible.

I have my doubts, but I'll give it a try and see what happens. Anyone else gotten this offer?



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014