• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
tjguitar85 said:   jkimcpa said:   You sure that's not your AMEX? 2x points implies 2% Cash Back.

Absolutely. 27 points for $18 is 1.5%. I've only used the visa once, have had the AMEX for years.

Perhaps they changed it for new accounts after some date to prevent making the 2% card a 3% card.

I think they did change it at some point. I received my Fidelity Investments Investment Rewards Signature Visa in 2008, and I have always received 1 point per dollar spent and redeemed 5000 points for $75. However, I was never able to transfer points from my Fidelity AMEX to my Visa because it says, "Points cannot be transferred to this account" even when I've had more than 5000 points.

Hey, still hoping to hear from someone about the possible restrictions as a "real" American Express member in their membership program...thanks!

FatWalletFan29 said:   Hey, still hoping to hear from someone about the possible restrictions as a "real" American Express member in their membership program...thanks!

Really depends on what benefits your looking for.

All the service benefits normally on AMEX are probably are not on this card as it is serviced by FIA.

As for promotions, in the past most AMEX promotions did work, Small Buisness Saturday, AMEX Gift Chain, NYC Resturant Week Bonus, AMEX Twitter/Facebook/FourSquare Sync.

FatWalletFan29 said:   Hey, still hoping to hear from someone about the possible restrictions as a "real" American Express member in their membership program...thanks!

There is a distinction between a payment processing network and a card issuer. The card is not issued by AMEX and does not have anything with AMEX-issued cards.

rlaw said:   Okay I just checked cause I was actually a bit curious at how this works.
On the rewards page of your Fidelity card you have a small table with the text Transferred in it.
If you follow that link it will lead you toward the transfers page.

So here's how the transfers page works, If you have at least 2500 Points
You can transfer from Fidelity AMEX to Fidelity Visa or vice versa,
BUT you can only transfer in increments of 2500 Points.

There's no charge, but there is catch, once transferred, those points expire in 3 months.

The 2500 increment is real drawback for me.
Since you can cash out at 5000, the only reasonable transfer point would be at 2500.
I got my Priceline card, I don't really use either Fidelity cards anymore.
I'm at roughly 3500 on Visa and 1500 on AMEX.
I can transfer 2500 to AMEX, but I lose out on 1000 points.
Seems the only way for me to cash out completely is to reach 5000 on Visa at which I can cash out anyways, so no benefit in transferring.

Couldn't you just charge $500 on the AMEX, transfer 2500 to visa and cash out all of it?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014