Payment Requested:
Payment Processed:
Lifetime Cash Back:

Is 35 too old to get into accounting?

First page
1 of 5
durtydub
1/10/13 2:22 PM
I'm looking at a career change. Is 35 too old to get into accounting?
WikiPost
1/10/13 2:23 PM
technolich
1/10/13 2:28 PM
Why would you want to get into accounting?

That seems like the territory of eagerly just graduated "Professionals" that think they'll make a name for themselves, not something someone does in their 30s.

I want to do a lot of things with my life, accounting is near the bottom of that list...
tennis8363
1/10/13 2:38 PM
If you are interested and have the skill set, 35 is absolutely not too old.
RedCelicaGT
1/10/13 2:39 PM
You may find some useful information here:

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1196427/
ankitgu
1/10/13 2:42 PM
No, it's not too old - go for it. Accountants would probably appreciate someone interested enough in it that they were willing to change their career in their 30's to their field.
ankitgu
1/10/13 2:43 PM
technolich said:   

Why would you want to get into accounting?

That seems like the territory of eagerly just graduated "Professionals" that think they'll make a name for themselves, not something someone does in their 30s.

I want to do a lot of things with my life, accounting is near the bottom of that list...

I think this depends on the person - for me, accounting and finance are some of the most creative things I could be doing and I really enjoy it for that reason.
harruin
1/10/13 2:43 PM
Probably not. Keep in mind there appears to be a large shift towards accounting in the past year or two though.
JF5885477
1/10/13 2:49 PM
35 is the age where you should be starting to peak in your career... IMO you're way too old. The best age to get into accounting is about half your age, right out of college about 21. You missed the boat by about 16 years son.
harruin
1/10/13 2:52 PM
JF5885477 said:   

35 is the age where you should be starting to peak in your career... IMO you're way too old. The best age to get into accounting is about half your age, right out of college about 21. You missed the boat by about 16 years son.

Were you just throwing out numbers at random here?
First page
1 of 5
Please select a reason for your RED vote:

You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.