• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
I knew someone 64 who got into accounting and is doing very well - accounting is like nursing - there's always a need - If you like it, all the better. Plus you have the age factor to your advantage for jobs because you would be seen as seasoned, experienced and mature. Don't let age be a barrier for anything, who's gonna care in 100 years? Good luck!

You could just take the enrolled agent exam, and see if you like it. If you do, start going to school at night and get the CPA.

steve1jr said:   ankitgu said:   
I think this depends on the person - for me, accounting and finance are some of the most creative things I could be doing and I really enjoy it for that reason.

Creative accounting could certainly be enjoyable while it lasted. Madoff style
Believe me, it's certainly alive and well at big accounting firms (Ernst and Young, etc.) as well as at most caps at tax time.

Age is just a number, if you want to change your career and are motivated and understand you will probably have to start at the bottom then go for it.

bump. Any update OP ?

No. there is no late for something you want to do.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014