• Go to page :
  • 123 4
  • Text Only
indianguy30 said:   PrincipalMember said:   ScrawneyWallet said:   PrincipalMember said:    What really happened was that there was a bonus given to people for the last 2 years and hopefully people enjoyed the bonus, thanked god for a good time and now we are back to normal instead of feeling that there is an increase in tax.

By that logic, we should enact a 10% additional tax increase now so they can lower it to 5% next year, and we'll all enjoy the bonus!

Unless you were living under a rock, the social security tax rate had been pretty fixed for several years. For the last 2-years they gave you break and it is back to the historical rate. May be time to crawl back under the rock - then you don't have to deal with real life issues of taxes and other things.

Now you could argue - why do we need taxes? So why do we need roads, bridges, airports etc. Actually you don't need them if you decide to permanently stay under a rock.
People seem to want it all. They dont want to give back a temporary tax break. They don't want to give up on any benefits like social security entitlements. And they want the deficit to be cut, preferably by making someone else pay for it. Its just sad.

right. all those taxes go to building roads, bridges, and airports. my left cheek.

anyone care to explain the ice cream/milk joke?!?

also check out this article, some people just born to whine (btw as someone already mentioned, this was a temporary tax break)

article

...........Matt Anhaiser, a Lexus of Roseville employee, said he and his wife, a nurse, are losing a combined $283 a month.

"That is my truck payment, or all of the extracurricular activities for my children, or a week and a half of groceries," said Anhaiser, 36. "That is significant to me. ... I don't know where it's going to come from at this point."

obv not a FWF reader! wonder how this dude got by in 2008

07pilot4me said:   .Matt Anhaiser, a Lexus of Roseville employee, said he and his wife, a nurse, are losing a combined $283 a month ... obv not a FWF reader! wonder how this dude got by in 2008

Doesn't $283 a month mean they have combined incomes of nearly $170k a year?

BEEFjerKAY said:   07pilot4me said:   .Matt Anhaiser, a Lexus of Roseville employee, said he and his wife, a nurse, are losing a combined $283 a month ... obv not a FWF reader! wonder how this dude got by in 2008

Doesn't $283 a month mean they have combined incomes of nearly $170k a year?

yup, my point exactly!

It's ironic. The more you lose, the less the loss matters to you.

My retirement contribution deduction percentage rate has not changed in over 30 years. I guess I got short changed.

Bryanhoop said:   I received a 3.8% raise this year so I'm still ahead.

me 2 though my yearly net went down.Doesnt make sense since deductions are same.I need to review

My income varies from paycheck to paycheck, so it's hard to notice an increase in taxes unless I look at the big picture. I would not have noticed it if someone didn't tell me about it.

Red me if you like, but in my circumstances, it will affect my spending. Husband lost his business early in 2012 because of the economy in our small town, and hasn't been able to find regular work (we are older). We've been relying on my income. With an increase in our health insurance through my employer (20%) plus the tax rate reset, we are hurting. He found a job delivering newspapers. We have been told our raises will be capped at 1.5% this year (state university) - and with our new president whose name rhymes with Rich Spaniels, we are looking forward to a year of less money than we have ever had before in our lives.

ferns48 said:   Red me if you like, but in my circumstances, it will affect my spending. Husband lost his business early in 2012 because of the economy in our small town, and hasn't been able to find regular work (we are older). We've been relying on my income. With an increase in our health insurance through my employer (20%) plus the tax rate reset, we are hurting. He found a job delivering newspapers. We have been told our raises will be capped at 1.5% this year (state university) - and with our new president whose name rhymes with Rich Spaniels, we are looking forward to a year of less money than we have ever had before in our lives.

My sympathies. At least you are honest to acknowledge it as a "tax rate reset" instead of calling it an increase compared to other people on this board making decent bit of money and saying this is a tax increase and their life is going to get tough.

harruin said:   BostonOne said:   miqie said:   I don't mind paying my fare share of taxes, but the gov't already has enough income coming in. They just don't know how to spend it efficiently. They will just waste this tax increase, also. I think this will ahve a negative effect on the economy because people will ahve less to spend.
Unless you're in the top 1%, you're not paying your fair share.

Could you give me a breakdown how much more the common man benefits over the rich from the government?

You make 50,000 a year. I make 25,000 a year. When you and me go to Six Flag, my ticket cost 25 bucks, and yours is 100 bucks. Fair?
By paying nil to federal income tax, common man benfits about 20 to 30 percents more over the rich from the goverment.
By paying nil to fereral income tax, common man benfits about 500,000 dollar per year over the rich from the goverment.

By common, I mean the 50% that does not pay federal income tax. By rich, I mean top 1% that everyone wants to xxx on.

I am all for RICH SHOULD PAY MORE. As long as it is fair. Meaning, if someone pay more than I do for the federal goverment, they should get better service from the fed. There should be an express line at all federal facility for the poeple that pay top tier price.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014