• Text Only
A few weeks ago I but I never received the offer without pulling that trick. Sounds like it may very well be dead.

Does anyone know if it is safe to cancel the card at anytime after receiving the bonus?

Called earlier to convert my United card to another product but was told theres no such option on this card. Most Chase retail cards have had that restriction for some time now but United was one of the few that could be converted to another retail product to avoid the fee...looks like Chase has put its foot down on this one as well. Sad.

I just closed my united card and reallocated the credit line to my sapphire last night.. just call and ask for the credit analysis department

Dead? I just tried this every way from Sunday, worked fine a week ago when I tried it, tear...

I was finally ready to bite, but it looks dead to me, too ;(
I always get re-directed to https://www.theexplorercard.com/MPYoureIn30kAFW.aspx -- the 30k deal.

jpf6368 said:   
Why not just open her a miles account then have her transfer the points to your account when gets the points?

You don't want to do this. To transfer United miles, it cost $15/1,000 with a 2k min and 15k max. So it would cost you $225.00 to transfer 15k miles and she would still have miles left in her account.

MORE INFO

I would suggest keeping the miles in her account and booking the award tickets separately.

I think it's "dead" in the sense that they are not extending it to any new accounts. The account I opened for my fiance has over 20K points in it, but only a 30k offer. My account has fewer miles, but a 50K offer (my account was created ages ago).

my statement cut today. 55k bonus miles are on my statement.

the $50 credit appeared almost immediately after the first purchase.

teh win! thanks OP and FWF.

sadly, at this point it appears to be dead.

Got the notice in the mail indicating that the premium offer is available only to new Cardmembers and I wouldn't be eligible for the premium (50,000 miles). I had a Chase MilagePlus Explorer card a short while back, closed the account and then opened this one.
Anyone have a workaround to get the 50k miles? Thanks!

I received a postcard saying that the offer is for new members only and I received similar offer in the past, but the $50 credit was applied to my account.
Waiting to see if I still receive the 55K miles.

Miles

I also tried it just now, didn't work.

While on the United main page, the offer now shows only 30,000 miles; however when I logged in, I was able to pull up the 50,000 offer still alive and well. Of course this remains "targeted" and linked to your account.

https://www.theexplorercard.com/MPYoureIn50kAFW.aspx

MustSav3 said:   Got the notice in the mail indicating that the premium offer is available only to new Cardmembers and I wouldn't be eligible for the premium (50,000 miles). I had a Chase MilagePlus Explorer card a short while back, closed the account and then opened this one.

Probably not. Chase signup bonuses are generally not churnable.

MidnightLight said:   MustSav3 said:   Got the notice in the mail indicating that the premium offer is available only to new Cardmembers and I wouldn't be eligible for the premium (50,000 miles). I had a Chase MilagePlus Explorer card a short while back, closed the account and then opened this one.

Probably not. Chase signup bonuses are generally not churnable.

I got the same letter saying i am not eligible for the account opening bonus. I just called to complaint. will see if they will honor that.

my case may be different than some here, they actually targeted me for this offer. I received a very nice pre-approved letter for this promotion, otherwise, I would not sign up for this card.

wrote a letter to chase and with a copy of the invitation letter for pre-approved card offer. finally got a letter from chase and they are giving me 55000 points as an exception.

Is it still active?

When I try, I still get redirected to 30K offer. Looks like it is linked to your acct. Has anyone had success getting Chase to approve 50K WITHOUT target?

Did your link (when signed in) also offer the $50 statement credit? Thanks.

WideOpenSpaces said:   While on the United main page, the offer now shows only 30,000 miles; however when I logged in, I was able to pull up the 50,000 offer still alive and well. Of course this remains "targeted" and linked to your account.

https://www.theexplorercard.com/MPYoureIn50kAFW.aspx

My experience has been that just logging in to my United account got the 30K offer banner to come up. If I started to put together a reservation, then I got the 30K + $50 statement credit.

Just rec'd an email with the following: The United MileagePlus® Explorer Card is enhancing your travel experience with a rewarding new benefit. Effective June 1, you pay no foreign transaction fees on Card purchases outside the U.S.

Still get redirected to the 30K offer. I do see the 30K+$50 when I start a reservation.

I just signed up for the 30k mile offer yesterday and came on here to find out there is a 50k offer. Is it possible to have Chase extend the promotion even though I already signed up?

Yes, PM there saying you'd like a better offer matched. Usually within 90 days they'll do so.

I believe the spend requirement has increased to $2000 in 3 months, now.

Just used the OP instructions to avail of both the 50k miles and the $50 statement credit. I did have mileage / travel activity earlier this year, though, so when logged in to my account it showed the 50k option.
I managed to get the $50 credit option page by running a simple travel reservation trip pricing - along with results, the 50k as well as the $50 credit popped up. Instant approval per my credit history.

While the miles dont expire, and I plan to make the $2k spend as soon as I receive the card, I wonder when the 50k miles will be posted- upon the initial closing statement closing, or after the 90 day period (plus 6-8 weeks standard fine print). Hoping sooner than later, so i can use the miles for holiday reservations.

vgwallet said:   I believe the spend requirement has increased to $2000 in 3 months, now.

Just used the OP instructions to avail of both the 50k miles and the $50 statement credit. I did have mileage / travel activity earlier this year, though, so when logged in to my account it showed the 50k option.
I managed to get the $50 credit option page by running a simple travel reservation trip pricing - along with results, the 50k as well as the $50 credit popped up. Instant approval per my credit history.

While the miles dont expire, and I plan to make the $2k spend as soon as I receive the card, I wonder when the 50k miles will be posted- upon the initial closing statement closing, or after the 90 day period (plus 6-8 weeks standard fine print). Hoping sooner than later, so i can use the miles for holiday reservations.

After the close of the first statement after you meet the min spend.

Don't forget the extra 5K points for adding your cat, I mean an authorized user.

Thanks for the info daw4888!

@stm69, since my gf could also apply and get her own 50k miles, doesn't it make sense to do that rather than add her as an Add'l Cardmember for just 5k? I'm sure they wont allow a double-dip - ie, if someone was listed as an Add'l cardmember, it probably excludes them from availing of the promotion for opening a 'new' card, say, down the line?
Maybe I'll add my grandma - esp. if there is no hard-pull on a credit history.

[Course, the overall goal is to get award travel for two on the same itinerary, which means having enough mileage without having to incur mileage transfers and the like.] Hopefully holiday travel with the biggest bang for the miles.

vgwallet said:   Thanks for the info daw4888!

@stm69, since my gf could also apply and get her own 50k miles, doesn't it make sense to do that rather than add her as an Add'l Cardmember for just 5k? I'm sure they wont allow a double-dip - ie, if someone was listed as an Add'l cardmember, it probably excludes them from availing of the promotion for opening a 'new' card, say, down the line?
Maybe I'll add my grandma - esp. if there is no hard-pull on a credit history.

[Course, the overall goal is to get award travel for two on the same itinerary, which means having enough mileage without having to incur mileage transfers and the like.] Hopefully holiday travel with the biggest bang for the miles.

wife and i applied for this bonus and added each other as AUs on the app. no adverse effects. we both got the full promo bonus $50+50k+5k miles for adding AU.

I'm trying to sign up to bckstgr but my mileageplus number is not being recognized. Help?!

I'm seeing 50k with 2k spending +5k pts for AU with no statement credit... but that is still a pretty darn good deal as I already have almost 20k united miles

Where are u seeing the 50k

I saw it after I was logged into the united website with my mileage account. It let me fill out the application, I'm not sure they will honor the 50k but we'll see

If you go j to the branch, they have the offer mentioned 3 posts ago. Signed up a few weeks ago.

The 50k offer is still out there, DW just just one in the mail.

babalooie21204 said:   I saw it after I was logged into the united website with my mileage account. It let me fill out the application, I'm not sure they will honor the 50k but we'll see

FYI fastest 25k line of credit ever... It might have thought for about 3 seconds before approval

Just received the above offer in the mail also. Did an AOR in July and got Chase Sapphire and Chase Freedom so not sure I should go for it. Decisions decisions...

So, I am curious what folks use this card for, other than buying tickets off United.com. It gives 1 United mile for every $ which you can beat with other Chase UR cards, unless you really really want United Miles.

tajar96 said:   So, I am curious what folks use this card for, other than buying tickets off United.com. It gives 1 United mile for every $ which you can beat with other Chase UR cards, unless you really really want United Miles.
  In my case, I value United miles at 2+cpm, and I don't have any Chase UR cards at present.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014