• Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Use this link:

https://www.theexplorercard.com/MPYoureIn50k50AFWIC.aspx

Please follow ALL of the steps below to get the 50k offer:

1. You need to sign into your united mileageplus account (or sign up for one if you don't have one). You will probably see the link for the 50k offer, but don't click that one because you may not get the $50 statement credit.

2. You will need RECENT activity on your mileageplus account in order to see 50k offer. Otherwise, you will see only 30k.

3. If you do not have recent activity, sign up for an account at bckstgr dot com. From there, you can link your facebook and/or twitter account for some miles. Miles should hit soon after you do this, BUT you may need to refresh your Cache or close/switch browsers in order to see this on your mileageplus account.

4. Try the link again and confirm that you see BOTH the 50k offer and $50 statement credit (see uploaded screenshot).

5. Most are approved instantly. If you are not, consider calling the reconsideration number (888-245-0625) - I needed to move credit line from some of my other underutilized chase cards I had opened for promos (thanks FW!).

Promo:

50,000 bonus miles after you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months your account is open.

5,000 bonus miles after you add an authorized user to your account and make a purchase with your card during the first 3 months as a Cardmember.

10,000 bonus miles every calendar year you spend at least $25,000 on your Card.

Additional benefits with card:

*two United Club lounge passes each year

*waived baggage fee on first checked bag on United flights

Annual fee waived in first year, $95 after that. Some report being able to regularly get the fee waived by threatening to cancel.

Credit goes to bombnthud at Flyertalk and rhornback at SD.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I was booking a flight when I saw the offer. Got approved immediately and used the new card to pay for my flight. I expe... (more)

sringerirrific (Mar. 31, 2014 @ 5:55p) |

sent the SM, didn't work

newnorley (Apr. 03, 2014 @ 10:17a) |

With Chase, you usually need to wait at least 18-24 months before you can receive sign-up bonuses again on the same prod... (more)

MidnightLight (Apr. 04, 2014 @ 1:18a) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

DOES THIS ALSO WORK FOR BUSINESS? WITH THE 5K EXTRA FOR AU?

hmm...not getting the $50 statement credit.

edit - couldn't get it in chrome incognito mode. in firefox, cleared all united cookies, relogged, got it!

approved instantly with 7k credit limit. thanks for sharing OP! this is a really hot deal!

Sweet. Signed into my account, clicked on the link, saw the full 50k+$50 offer and instant approval for $23k.

bckstgr appears to have crashed. Would suggest trying again tomorrow.

nutcase said:   DOES THIS ALSO WORK FOR BUSINESS? WITH THE 5K EXTRA FOR AU?

I don't think so. They have a business card, but its only 30k miles.

Good deal OP, I uploaded a PDF print out of the offer for future reference as well

Edit to add: Nevermind, the original post already had a screenshot.

I have Mileage activity, but don't see the $50 offer. Kept getting the 50k offer in email, so applied for it this past week. I know I am approved, once I have the card in my hand I will call about the $50 offer.

anyone know if Amazon payments will count as spend on this card?

edit 2014: yep it will. can tell I was a noob to CC churn back then

I just closed my MileagePlus Explorer card 2 weeks ago but am seeing this offer for me. Think it's worth a shot? Or will I get denied for the bonus by Chase?

We had the card for 2 yrs and just cancelled it several months ago.
Just wondering if we still qualify?

Went through with application but got the message that "we need to review your application"

Thanks a lot OP.

When they add authorized users, do they hard pull the added user's credit?

faw169 said:   When they add authorized users, do they hard pull the added user's credit?

No.

Roaringone said:   I just closed my MileagePlus Explorer card 2 weeks ago but am seeing this offer for me. Think it's worth a shot? Or will I get denied for the bonus by Chase?

Well I decided to go for it. Never got the Explorer bonus so I figured it was worth a try; my Explorer card was a converted Onepass card. App was instantly approved, hopefully the bonus will be just as smooth.

Can the points convert to gift cards?

Seal said:   We had the card for 2 yrs and just cancelled it several months ago.
Just wondering if we still qualify?

Went through with application but got the message that "we need to review your application"

Call the reconciliation number in the OP. they should be able to tell you what is up.

For Amazon payments, Yes, assuming you code it as for goods and service on the Amazon site.

samsum13 said:   Can the points convert to gift cards? Yes, but through (I think) points.com or one of those other sites (and at a lousy rate). I got $230 Amazon GC for 35,000 miles so I guess 50K would get around $300. There were a few others as well.

Roaringone said:   I just closed my MileagePlus Explorer card 2 weeks ago but am seeing this offer for me. Think it's worth a shot? Or will I get denied for the bonus by Chase? I think 1 yr has to pass to get the same card bonus again. If you reappy tnow they will just reactivate the card you canceled.

I just got offered the 50,000 points and $50 credit. Applied and got instant approval. I hadn't flown on United in a while, so I had to sign up for some email list using bckstgr.

Had to use bckstgr to get 600 miles to see the updated offer (50K points + $50 credit). Didn't get instant approval, but called the reconsideration line and went through smoothly! Thanks!

dealmaster00 said:   anyone know if Amazon payments will count as spend on this card?

Historically it has.

It worked! I had to sign up for bckstgr and empty my cookies! Thanks OP

I saw 50k points w 1k spend (+5k pts for AU) WITHOUT $50 statement credit. Not sure if it's because I linked only my Twitter account to Bckstgr or not.

JumboRedGrunt said:   I saw 50k points w 1k spend (+5k pts for AU) WITHOUT $50 statement credit. Not sure if it's because I linked only my Twitter account to Bckstgr or not.same happened to me at first, try clearing all united cookies and using firefox/switching browsers.

I only see 30K offer both when I sign in into my account and when I just I clicked on the link. I cleared the cash, Please advise.

I'm in! (maybe)

------------------
We need to review your application to make a decision.

Here's what you can expect:

Our goal is to notify you in writing within 10 days; however, in some circumstances it may take up to 30 days.
If we approve your application, we'll send your card and other important information in the mail.
Please do not resubmit this application.
------------------

[edit] I see the reconsideration number listed; I'll check in a couple of days.

Chris.

P.S. Thanks to the OP for the trick on getting the 50K mile offer!

mysteryAgain said:   I only see 30K offer both when I sign in into my account and when I just I clicked on the link. I cleared the cash, Please advise.do you have any miles on your account? aka, do you see them when you sign into your account? have you cleared all united cookies and tried relogging?

Signed up for united account, signed up for bckstgr account (which required giving my united PIN number, should have selected a temp PIN to begin with and then changed it after bckstgr registration), registered it to a FB account, and then used link in OP to view my $50/50k offer.

it works. i just tried it even though i have an existing card and got this exact deal back in Nov.

has anybody that has an existing card tried to get another one in the same name?

RiversideTom said:   it works. i just tried it even though i have an existing card and got this exact deal back in Nov.

has anybody that has an existing card tried to get another one in the same name?

Highly possible they won't give you the points due to the terms.

PitPirate said:   RiversideTom said:   it works. i just tried it even though i have an existing card and got this exact deal back in Nov.

Highly possible they won't give you the points due to the terms.

Agreed. Just wondering if anybody has actually tried and what the outcome was. Don't want the credit hit unless I know I could get it.

RiversideTom said:   it works. i just tried it even though i have an existing card and got this exact deal back in Nov.

Please let us know if you get any update.

in for one, got immediate approval!

If I haven't already is this a good time to apply for some other chase cards at the same time, or is the credit hit moot unless I actually go for an app-o-rama type rampage?

Success here; thanks to the fine support of bombnhud@ flyertalk.....rhornback@ slickdeals,,,,,,,,,,,and pitpirate@ fatwallet..................Good Job! After no success getting this promotion "off-The-Ground" with the internet, I went to the local Chase bank. They couldn't come close to as good a promotion. I thought this project might just be a waist of time (wrong!). After getting back on the computer this evening, suddenly, step-by-step, it all fell together. The $50 statement credit didn't get posted with the Chase promotion, but I can live without it. We cancelled our last United Mileage Plus Explorer Visa cards 30 days ago. To say the very least, we have been very happily surprised. Question: Whats a good source for information on how to satisfy the minimum spending requirement (within 3-months) for these cards?

Worked like a charm! Thanks!

Great deal. In for one.

Thanks OP. Had to use the bckstgr to refresh account and applied with success. I did not however receive any email confirmation. Anyone else receive one? Or does it just come in the mail?

Skipping 229 Messages...
With Chase, you usually need to wait at least 18-24 months before you can receive sign-up bonuses again on the same product.  So it's unsurprising that you didn't get the bonus again after a mere two months since you last canceled the same card.

Visa Signature is not considered a different product from non-Signature Visas.  Visa vs MC would be different, though.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014