• Text Only
I'm trying to sign up to bckstgr but my mileageplus number is not being recognized. Help?!

I'm seeing 50k with 2k spending +5k pts for AU with no statement credit... but that is still a pretty darn good deal as I already have almost 20k united miles

Where are u seeing the 50k

I saw it after I was logged into the united website with my mileage account. It let me fill out the application, I'm not sure they will honor the 50k but we'll see

If you go j to the branch, they have the offer mentioned 3 posts ago. Signed up a few weeks ago.

The 50k offer is still out there, DW just just one in the mail.

babalooie21204 said:   I saw it after I was logged into the united website with my mileage account. It let me fill out the application, I'm not sure they will honor the 50k but we'll see

FYI fastest 25k line of credit ever... It might have thought for about 3 seconds before approval

Just received the above offer in the mail also. Did an AOR in July and got Chase Sapphire and Chase Freedom so not sure I should go for it. Decisions decisions...

So, I am curious what folks use this card for, other than buying tickets off United.com. It gives 1 United mile for every $ which you can beat with other Chase UR cards, unless you really really want United Miles.

tajar96 said:   So, I am curious what folks use this card for, other than buying tickets off United.com. It gives 1 United mile for every $ which you can beat with other Chase UR cards, unless you really really want United Miles.
  In my case, I value United miles at 2+cpm, and I don't have any Chase UR cards at present.

tajar96 said:   So, I am curious what folks use this card for, other than buying tickets off United.com. It gives 1 United mile for every $ which you can beat with other Chase UR cards, unless you really really want United Miles.
  They use it to get the bonus miles, which are pretty valuable in the eyes of most people, including those folks who buy miles, and then they close the card.

and then they rinse & repeat with the business card.

and then move on to the next target.

 

RiversideTom said:   
tajar96 said:   So, I am curious what folks use this card for, other than buying tickets off United.com. It gives 1 United mile for every $ which you can beat with other Chase UR cards, unless you really really want United Miles.
  They use it to get the bonus miles, which are pretty valuable in the eyes of most people, including those folks who buy miles, and then they close the card.

and then they rinse & repeat with the business card.

and then move on to the next target.

 

  
understood.  I thought I was missing something and needed an a-ha moment.

I couldn't get bckstgr to work (message about coming soon), but I got points in my mileage plus account filling out a survey (300). Still only getting 30k offer though, tried another browser and clearing cookies. Hoping it shows up eventually

I have recently downgraded my mileageplus explorer card to basic united miles card to avoid annual fee. Will it be possible to apply for 50K+5K miles again (last time I had applied for this was 14 months back)?

Anyone trying to still get the 50k, try jsmithv's trick over on FT - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/1474409-unit... 

I'm hoping it will work, looks like it did for others

<edit> was approved, confirmed got the 50k miles using the trick in that thread. Score!

Didn't get that working because jsmithv's trick using that URL, because the URL is truncated. 

Could you paste the entire URL?

There's info in the thread to make the URL work. Sorry I don't remember the trick. That site truncates all URLs, it's not because he posted it wrong. Right click and copy URL maybe?

Anyone know how to get at this deal?

When I go to the URL in the first post, I'm just presented with the 30K deal.

When I log in to my United MileagePlus account, I can only find the 30K deal.

Per the first post, I registered at bckstgr.com and linked with my FB but didn't get points. bckstgr.com also lists nothing I can do to get points or otherwise generate activity.

Per the more recent posts, I tried going to the URL, but then I see an application for a Biz card, and I'm not a business (nor am I sure it's even for a 50K bonus deal). Is there a way to make this trick work for the personal card?

Thanks in advance!

yangfatwalletirrific said:   Anyone know how to get at this deal?

When I go to the URL in the first post, I'm just presented with the 30K deal.

When I log in to my United MileagePlus account, I can only find the 30K deal.

See if this alternate procedure works (if it does, I may post it as a new thread):

  1. Navigate to: http://United.com/Club1YearFree           
     
  2. Login w/ your MileagePlus account
     
  3. If successful, there should be two tabs at the top of the page:

    • 1st tab: MileagePlus Explorer Card
      Underlying URL: http://www.theexplorercard.com/MPYoureIn50kAFW.aspx?clicksource=navigation
       
    • 2nd tab: MileagePlus Club Card
      Underlying URL: https://www.theexplorercard.com/MPClubAFW.aspx?clicksource=navigation

    The 1st tab is hopefully for the the 50K offer Explorer card (similar to the one in the OP but without the $50 statement credit)
    The 2nd tab should be an offer for the Club card w/ 1st year Annual Fee waived (normally $395)

  4. If so, copy/paste the following URL into your browser window (to get to the Explorer card 50K offer *WITH* $50 statement credit):
    https://www.theexplorercard.com/MPYoureIn50k50AFWIC.aspx?clicksource=navigation

Sadly that doesn't work—I see the two tabs at the top but the Explorer link just takes me to a 30K offer, not the 50K one....

Try this simplified procedure instead, which bypasses the offer Landing Page.  If you get to the resulting Application Page (as described below), unfortunately you won't be able to visually verify that it's truly for the 50K offer + $50 statement credit. Instead, you'll need to trust that the info below is accurate:

  1. Navigate to: http://United.com/Club1YearFree  
     
  2. Login w/ your MileagePlus account
     
  3. Copy/paste the following URL into your browser:
    https://www.theexplorercard.com/UMPCreditAppRedirect.aspx?SPID=F5BV&CELL=K30&REFERID=TEC


After step #3 above, if the resulting URL is this:
https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWeb/samlLanding.do?AFFID=&CAT=0&SPID=F5BV&CELL=6K30

where if the emedded SPID is F5BV, then you should be at the application page for the Explorer Card 50K Bonus w/ $50 Statement Credit.

The URL in Step #3 is where the the "Apply Now" button (at the landing page for the 50K offer + $50 statement credit) initially navigates to. That link, in turn, redirects to the actual application page.

For me - jsmithv's post in the thread worked. You have to dig a bit to find his post. You have to get the URL to work b/c their forum truncates it, you can't just click on it.

I'm still showing the 50k offer for business cards... so that option is available

PhillyChower said:   For me - jsmithv's post in the thread worked. You have to dig a bit to find his post. You have to get the URL to work b/c their forum truncates it, you can't just click on it.
jsmithv's one link is for Business Explorer offer, where jsmith first login to Unite d, clicks on the offer, then pastes the following once the application loaded and had some boxes pre-filled in: https://www.theexplorercard.com/UMPCreditAppRedirect.aspx?SPID=F5KH&CELL=64M&REFERID=TEC

The $50 statement + 55k pts with 2k spend is still alive. It takes some finagling, but I got it to appear. Still trying to figure out the exact sequence...

Edit: You need to have points in your account, be logged in to United.com, and it looks like the MPYoureIn50k50AFWIC.aspx link shows the 55k + $50 credit. When you click apply, it reverts to offer F5BV and cell 6YBV. Offer is blank, so it looks like you have to register on faith that it works.

Dumb question, but can I pull up the 50k offer, and just put in another persons information to get the offer?

Just wondering how long it takes for the 50k miles to appear in the United mileage account, after a certain billing cycles?

buyonsale3 said:   Just wondering how long it takes for the 50k miles to appear in the United mileage account, after a certain billing cycles?
  
For me it was only a day or two after my statement closed in which I met the min spend.

Hmmm....I called Chase and they said it could take one to two billing cycles. Guess I'll wait for the next billing cycle and see if it shows up.  Thanks.

buyonsale3 said:   Hmmm....I called Chase and they said it could take one to two billing cycles. Guess I'll wait for the next billing cycle and see if it shows up.  Thanks.
  

Did you complete your min spend in the few days right before your statement maybe?

So are people actually receiving the $50 statement credit? I got this 50k offer in the mail, but it didn't have the $50 credit in the offer.

breaux124 said:   So are people actually receiving the $50 statement credit? I got this 50k offer in the mail, but it didn't have the $50 credit in the offer.
  Just be happy  My wife had the 50K offer and I gladly took it.  1/2 way to Europe business class!

JamesPolk said:   The $50 statement + 55k pts with 2k spend is still alive. It takes some finagling, but I got it to appear. Still trying to figure out the exact sequence...

Edit: You need to have points in your account, be logged in to United.com, and it looks like the MPYoureIn50k50AFWIC.aspx link shows the 55k + $50 credit. When you click apply, it reverts to offer F5BV and cell 6YBV. Offer is blank, so it looks like you have to register on faith that it works.

  
I took the leap of faith and applied yesterday on the page TheDiggler posted https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWeb/samlLanding.do?AFFID=&CAT=0&SPID=F5BV&CELL=6K30

Immediately SMed to confirm "min spend to get signup bonus" and received confirmation from CSR
-  one-time 50,000 bonus miles after spending $2,000.00 in the first three months
-  one-time 5,000 bonus miles by adding an authorized user and making first purchase in the first three months of opening account
-  one-time 10,000 bonus miles when spending $25,000.00 or more on each calendar year

It still works.  Thanks!!

Got this deal earlier this year when it was 30k miles... terms say only good for first-time United Mileageplus cardholders... anyone in my same position tried signing up?

It worked for me and I currently have the (old) Chase United MileagePlus Select Visa, which is still active.

chunkalunk said:   
JamesPolk said:   The $50 statement + 55k pts with 2k spend is still alive. It takes some finagling, but I got it to appear. Still trying to figure out the exact sequence...

Edit: You need to have points in your account, be logged in to United.com, and it looks like the MPYoureIn50k50AFWIC.aspx link shows the 55k + $50 credit. When you click apply, it reverts to offer F5BV and cell 6YBV. Offer is blank, so it looks like you have to register on faith that it works.

  
I took the leap of faith and applied yesterday on the page TheDiggler posted https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWeb/samlLanding.do?AFFID=&CAT=0&SPID=F5BV&CELL=6K30

Immediately SMed to confirm "min spend to get signup bonus" and received confirmation from CSR
-  one-time 50,000 bonus miles after spending $2,000.00 in the first three months
-  one-time 5,000 bonus miles by adding an authorized user and making first purchase in the first three months of opening account
-  one-time 10,000 bonus miles when spending $25,000.00 or more on each calendar year

It still works.  Thanks!!

  
Thanks chunkalunk—what do "SMed" and "CSR" mean?

yangfatwalletirrific said:   
chunkalunk said:   
JamesPolk said:   The $50 statement + 55k pts with 2k spend is still alive. It takes some finagling, but I got it to appear. Still trying to figure out the exact sequence...

Edit: You need to have points in your account, be logged in to United.com, and it looks like the MPYoureIn50k50AFWIC.aspx link shows the 55k + $50 credit. When you click apply, it reverts to offer F5BV and cell 6YBV. Offer is blank, so it looks like you have to register on faith that it works.

  
I took the leap of faith and applied yesterday on the page TheDiggler posted https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWeb/samlLanding.do?AFFID=&CAT=0&SPID=F5BV&CELL=6K30

Immediately SMed to confirm "min spend to get signup bonus" and received confirmation from CSR
-  one-time 50,000 bonus miles after spending $2,000.00 in the first three months
-  one-time 5,000 bonus miles by adding an authorized user and making first purchase in the first three months of opening account
-  one-time 10,000 bonus miles when spending $25,000.00 or more on each calendar year

It still works.  Thanks!!

  
Thanks chunkalunk—what do "SMed" and "CSR" mean?

SMed = messaged. Not sure what the 'S' is, usually I see this as PM (private message) or DM (direct message).
CSR = Customer service representative

BostonOne's got it.

I normally would refer to as PM also, but I see most folks use SM when referring to Chase because in the Chase login it's called the "Secure Message" function. =)

https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWeb/samlLanding.do

Got it works perfectly. Approved instantly for a $18K line. I hope for $25K line but it is not bad, will take it.

Confirmed the promo with CSR.

50K miles for 2K spend in 103 days + $50 statement credit after first transaction + 5K miles for auth user added withing the 103 days period.

Thanks

it gives error "Offer Unavailable"



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014