• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Get $100 Bonus when you open Bank of America Checking account w/ DD

link

Steps:

Fill out our easy online application using Offer Code BAW100.

Set up and receive a qualifying Direct Deposit into your new checking account within 90 days of account opening.

After you complete these steps, $100 will be deposited into your new checking account.

(repost from SD)

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
BenH,
Was you employer on the "Bank At Work programm" list?
Thanks!

alanmax (Mar. 04, 2013 @ 1:56p) |

If you link me the list I will look for you - but I highly doubt it.
I work for a computer software company (revenues in ... (more)

BenH (Mar. 04, 2013 @ 5:36p) |

Thanks for the very helpful info. BenH.
I will definitely do the promo later this year after the "six months" pass which... (more)

alanmax (Mar. 04, 2013 @ 6:20p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

thanks - was wanting to open up a BoA account for the Museums promotion.

Just did an eChecking with this promo so I don't need to keep any significant minimum balance after my DD goes through for my $100.

Thanks for the offer. Does anyone know if BoA does a hard credit inquiry?

SegaRob said:   (repost from SD)repost from here:
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/topic_view.php?catid=52&threadid...

BenH said:   thanks - was wanting to open up a BoA account for the Museums promotion.

Just did an eChecking with this promo so I don't need to keep any significant minimum balance after my DD goes through for my $100.

Does echecking qualify for this promotion this year?
When my wife opened her account, the banker told her that the echecking account did not qualify for this promotion.
In the end, we opened the normal account.
Maybe we should switch to the echecking account sometime later.

looks like Chase still has $200 bonus that expires in Feb

MADWAD said:   Thanks for the offer. Does anyone know if BoA does a hard credit inquiry?

I called up reps at 3 local branches they all told me no.
2 of them said they only do a ChexSystems inquiry - which should not impact your CR

boa-app
Disclaimer
haoniukun said:   
Does echecking qualify for this promotion this year?
When my wife opened her account, the banker told her that the echecking account did not qualify for this promotion.
In the end, we opened the normal account.
Maybe we should switch to the echecking account sometime later.

When I clicked on the OP link with the promotion code entered it offered me the choice of accounts. After I chose echecking the promotion stayed in the "cart" all the way through to the end. So, it appears to me that they qualify.

EDIT: Attached SS showing eBanking chosen with the offer (bottom left of SS)

which DD methods work for BOA?

olvrtw said:   which DD methods work for BOA?

Same question. If I do an ACH deposit, will that be enough? Or does it need to be payroll?

"Bank of America (ING, Paypal, ACH push) as of 8/2012, many said no longer works other than real payroll deposit"

so none of the methods work anymore? or which ones are not working. And how exactly would people do paypal if they dont sell stuff?

how do you know if it worked or didn't work? does it say Direct Deposit, or if it didn't work it would say ACH transfer?

Anyone know how long you have to keep the account open for? The chase one ($200) says minimum of 6 months and limit 1 bonus per person per year. I didn't see these terms on the BofA offer.

camar0 said:   looks like Chase still has $200 bonus that expires in Feb
Where did you get the coupon?
Would you please PM one to me?

Thanks

they get mailed to random people here and there. mostly chase credit card holders. the more chase cards you have the more often you get those offers. coupons are single use usually...

PitPirate said:   olvrtw said:   which DD methods work for BOA?

Same question. If I do an ACH deposit, will that be enough? Or does it need to be payroll?

x3
I want to know that too. What method of DD actually count? If require payroll DD, that will be too much work. I don't want to go through the HR.

TheDiggler said:   SegaRob said:   (repost from SD)repost from here:
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/topic_view.php?catid=52&threadid...
it was buried in that long thread and wasn't even in the QS. sorry that i missed it.

ACH push worked years ago, im not sure if that has changed.

I just signed up for a bonus with them a few months ago. Still fighting to get my bonus. I believe it has to be real DD at this point.

shouldn't you have known after 10 days of trying the DD trick? I would have gotten my money out and closed the account after 20 days...

What?

you said you signed up a few months ago, and you still didn't get the bonus... usually the bonus goes to the account within 10 days of the first DD, no? so after the first month you should have known it wasn't working....

Ok, I did this 5 months ago, and of course Bank of America never paid the $100, I have direct deposit from employer for $250, Goi ahead watse ur time waiting for that $100 from the crooks

oh, thats a different story if you did it from your employer. You should go to a branch and talk to a manager. I didn't get a $100 bonus for opening a chase account once. I talked to the manager and she deposited $100 as cash into my account. Then a month later I got the $100 bonus too. lol

camar0 said:   looks like Chase still has $200 bonus that expires in Feb

Does anyone have a link for this?

olvrtw said:   you said you signed up a few months ago, and you still didn't get the bonus... usually the bonus goes to the account within 10 days of the first DD, no? so after the first month you should have known it wasn't working...."We will make every attempt to deposit the incentive directly into your Bank of America personal checking account within 90 days of meeting all of the qualifications; if unable to do so, a check will be issued"

it's hard to say. usually what i do is send an email to confirm that i have met the requirements for the bonus offer. then if it doesn't come, usually it's pretty easy to convince them to give you the money.

SegaRob said:   olvrtw said:   you said you signed up a few months ago, and you still didn't get the bonus... usually the bonus goes to the account within 10 days of the first DD, no? so after the first month you should have known it wasn't working...."We will make every attempt to deposit the incentive directly into your Bank of America personal checking account within 90 days of meeting all of the qualifications; if unable to do so, a check will be issued"

it's hard to say. usually what i do is send an email to confirm that i have met the requirements for the bonus offer. then if it doesn't come, usually it's pretty easy to convince them to give you the money.
My DD (which was a *real* DD) was made around the end of Nov 2012. The $100 bonus posted a few days ago. Thus, although it didn't take 90 days, it certainly took longer than 10 days (roughly 45 days).

misterspaghetti said:   camar0 said:   looks like Chase still has $200 bonus that expires in Feb

Does anyone have a link for this?

Buy one from eBay for like $10.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=chase+200+coupon

olvrtw said:   "Bank of America (ING, Paypal, ACH push) as of 8/2012, many said no longer works other than real payroll deposit"

so none of the methods work anymore? or which ones are not working. And how exactly would people do paypal if they dont sell stuff?

how do you know if it worked or didn't work? does it say Direct Deposit, or if it didn't work it would say ACH transfer?

I did a offer late last year, tried using Paypal and ally and neither qualified as DD. I'm afraid you'll have to use actual payroll.

i know I should probably google this, but while I search anyways... does anyone know if a company can do DD directly from their business checking account? or only payroll companies can do it?

getting "Invalid offer code" error, looks like it's expired

OP is still good - just go through his link and choose the offer on the right hand side of the page.

Terms of offer (including DD are listed):

BOA said: To get your personal checking account and a $100 bonus, just follow the steps below:

Fill out our easy online application using Offer Code BAW100.

Set up and receive a qualifying Direct Deposit into your new checking account within 90 days of account opening. Learn how to set up Direct Deposit. Link opens in a new window. Learn how.

After you complete these steps and we determine your account is eligible, we’ll deposit $100 into your new checking account.

Remember to enter Offer Code BAW100 when you open your account online to get your $100 bonus.

Open a MyAcccess checking account. Link opens in a new window.

return to superscript * Eligibility: Bank of America Associates are not eligible for this offer. Offer expires 12/31/2013. Bank of America may terminate the offer before that date. This offer is available in any Bank of America banking center or tabling event when this form is presented at the time of account opening. This offer is also available online at bankofamerica.com/bankatwork. To be eligible for this offer, you must not currently have a personal checking account with Bank of America. You are not eligible for this offer if you were a signer on or owner of a Bank of America personal checking account within the last 6 months.

To receive the bonus: To receive the offer, you must (1) open a qualifying new personal checking account through the Bank of America at Work® program, and (2) set up and receive a qualifying direct deposit into your checking account within 90 days of account opening. A "qualifying direct deposit" is an electronic deposit of periodic payments — such as salary, pension, Social Security and other benefits or regular monthly income — made into your checking account by your employer or other payer.

We will make every attempt to deposit the incentive directly into your Bank of America personal checking account within 90 days of meeting all of the qualifications; if unable to do so, a check will be issued. New personal checking account must be open and in good standing in order to receive the cash incentive. Offer cannot be combined with any other offer and is limited to one cash incentive per new personal checking customer and account. Offer does not apply to business or second or multiple personal checking accounts. All account applications are subject to our normal approval process. The minimum deposit required to open a new Bank of America checking account and receive this offer is subject to normal opening deposit requirements of the specific account being opened. We offer a variety of interest-bearing and non-interest-bearing personal checking accounts. For example, the minimum opening deposit for some noninterest- bearing Bank of America checking accounts is $25. For Tiered Interest personal checking accounts, the minimum balance to open is $100 and the Annual Percentage Yields (APYs) are as follows: less than $10,000, 0.01%; $10,000-$99,999, 0.02% and $100,000 and over, 0.03% as of 09/11/2012. The rate may change after the account is opened or anytime after this date and may vary by state. Fees could reduce the earnings on the account. The value of this reward may constitute taxable income to you. Bank of America may issue an Internal Revenue Service Form 1099 (or other appropriate form) to you that reflects the value of such reward. Please consult your tax advisor, as neither Bank of America, its affiliates, nor their employees provide tax advice. Please consult a banking center Associate, visit bankofamerica.com or see our Personal Schedule of Fees for more information. Reproduction, purchase or sale of this offer is prohibited.

Some accounts and services, and the fees that apply to them, vary from state to state. Please review the information for your state in the Personal Schedule of Fees (www.bankofamerica.com/feesataglance or at your local banking center) and in the Online Banking Service Agreement at www.bankofamerica.com/serviceagreement.

Eligibility for the Bank of America at Work® program terminates when (a) you terminate your relationship with the sponsoring company or organization or (b) the sponsoring company’s or organization’s Bank of America at Work® program plan is terminated by either the company or organization or Bank of America, at which time rates and fees will revert to the current rates and fees as stated in the Personal Schedule of Fees.

olvrtw said:   you said you signed up a few months ago, and you still didn't get the bonus... usually the bonus goes to the account within 10 days of the first DD, no? so after the first month you should have known it wasn't working....Oh I see what you meant. I am still fighting them for it. I think I'll be going through the CFPB soon and like my chances. I have some documentation that I think supports me. I'll let you all know what happens.

$100 is kinda low if the account doesn't have any other perks. Can you make the opening deposit with a credit card? That would be a perk

Silverthunder said:   $100 is kinda low if the account doesn't have any other perks. Can you make the opening deposit with a credit card? That would be a perk

Museums on Us is another BoA perk you get with an account from them. If you want to take your family to museums in the area you could save hundreds of dollars a year.

Silverthunder said:   $100 is kinda low if the account doesn't have any other perks. Can you make the opening deposit with a credit card? That would be a perk no, only debit card. i tried a visa GC and it failed.

Thanks OP. So far it is working for me.

SegaRob said:   Silverthunder said:   $100 is kinda low if the account doesn't have any other perks. Can you make the opening deposit with a credit card? That would be a perk no, only debit card. i tried a visa GC and it failed.

what's the maximum amount that you can fund it with a debit card?

this offer seems to only apply for Bank of America at Works;

Are you supposed to get any free checks when you opening advantage checking? I did not see it mentioned. Thanks.

removed dup.

Skipping 17 Messages...
Thanks for the very helpful info. BenH.
I will definitely do the promo later this year after the "six months" pass which is getting close.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014