• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
PitPirate said:   If I do an ACH deposit, will that be enough?not enough anymore

with the e checking account, what is the deal with the monthly fee- that's avoided by not going into a branch at all for the month? Or you actually have to have the transactions (use the ATM to make 1 deposit and 1 withdrawal)?

ivanivanix said:   getting "Invalid offer code" error, looks like it's expired

Talked to their chat specialist, they told me that for my state (Georgia) the promo code is not available online but can still be used over the phone application, even for e-banking (their free checking account).

Silverthunder said:   SegaRob said:   Silverthunder said:   $100 is kinda low if the account doesn't have any other perks. Can you make the opening deposit with a credit card? That would be a perk no, only debit card. i tried a visa GC and it failed.

what's the maximum amount that you can fund it with a debit card?
$250 IIRC

Would this checking account work with Keep the Change?

whodini said:   Would this checking account work with Keep the Change?

Make sure you do open a savings account at the same time, otherwise you would not be able to enroll KTC with the checking account on this offer. Also, FYI; they would post the bonus after 161 days of DD being received and acknowledged as such by BoA...bummer

I always wonder what the minimum direct deposit amount is. Sometimes this is useful to know if you have a lot of direct deposits going to different banks at once.

fattywallace said:   whodini said:   Would this checking account work with Keep the Change?

Make sure you do open a savings account at the same time, otherwise you would not be able to enroll KTC with the checking account on this offer. Also, FYI; they would post the bonus after 161 days of DD being received and acknowledged as such by BoA...bummer


Yikes. So it could be eight months before I can close this thing and its monthly maintenance fees?

BAW100 didn't work.

There was a problem processing your request.
You have entered an invalid offer code.

WebKing said:   BAW100 didn't work.

There was a problem processing your request.
You have entered an invalid offer code.


maybe try calling them if you continue to have difficulties?

this $100 bonus only works for Bank At Work programm, which means if your employer is on this list and you can get this bonus after making the DD. So it's not for everyone.

this $100 bonus only works for Bank At Work programm, which means if your employer is on this list and you can get this bonus after making the DD. So it's not for everyone.

sampkill said:   this $100 bonus only works for Bank At Work programm, which means if your employer is on this list and you can get this bonus after making the DD. So it's not for everyone.

Are you sure?
I'll be quite annoyed if that ends up being the case..

Just reporting back that I signed up for my account (eChecking) last month. Have had 2 direct deposits go in for the month of February. When I logged in yesterday to verify that the DDs took place, I already had my $100 bonus sitting there!

I was a bit annoyed that I had to go to an ATM to actually change my default ATM pins (no phone/online option) - but liked that the BOA ATMs allow the withdrawal of $10 bills!
I won't really be using this account for anything but the Museums on Us for the foreseeable future - but overall I am happy with my interaction and the deal!

BenH said:   Just reporting back that I signed up for my account (eChecking) last month. Have had 2 direct deposits go in for the month of February. When I logged in yesterday to verify that the DDs took place, I already had my $100 bonus sitting there!

I was a bit annoyed that I had to go to an ATM to actually change my default ATM pins (no phone/online option) - but liked that the BOA ATMs allow the withdrawal of $10 bills!
I won't really be using this account for anything but the Museums on Us for the foreseeable future - but overall I am happy with my interaction and the deal!


BenH,
Was you employer on the "Bank At Work programm" list?
Thanks!

alanmax said:   
BenH,
Was you employer on the "Bank At Work programm" list?
Thanks!


If you link me the list I will look for you - but I highly doubt it.
I work for a computer software company (revenues in the 50-100 Million range just to give you an idea of size).
I am pretty familiar with all the Benefits paperwork as I have just extensively reviewed our benefits guides.
No where is mentioned any relationship with BoA.

I suppose it is possible that there is some relationship - but I don't believe I provided any of my work details during the opening of my account.

Thanks for the very helpful info. BenH.
I will definitely do the promo later this year after the "six months" pass which is getting close.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014