• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I received an email from citi with the subject "Earn 5X ThankYou® Points On Eligible Everyday Purchases!". You might be able to find the offer at their website under Benefits & Services -> Special Offers.

Earn 5 ThankYou Points per $1 spent on things you buy every day at grocery stores, gas stations and drugstores — even commuter transportation expenses, up to 2,500 additional points, through 03/31/13!*

* This offer starts within 4 business days of when you enroll and will end on 03/31/13. Earnings associated with this program will equal 4 bonus ThankYou Points per $1 spent on purchases and may overlap with other special offers in which you are currently enrolled. Bonus points awarded with this offer are subject to a cap of 2,500 additional points. Eligible purchases exclude purchases made at discount stores, balance transfers, cash advances, convenience checks, items returned for credit, fees and interest charges. Grocery stores, including supermarkets are classified as merchants that provide a complete line of food merchandise for home consumption. This offer includes convenience stores which are classified as merchants who sell a limited variety of food items and warehouse clubs wh... purchases must be posted during the promotion period. We do not determine how merchants are classified, however, they are generally classified based upon the merchant’s primary line of business. We reserve the right to determine which purchases qualify for this offer. This promotional offer is non-transferrable and applies to the account ending in the last 4 digits referenced in this offer.

In order to qualify for this offer, the account must be open and current at all times. If your account is closed for any reason, including if you convert to another card product, you may no longer be eligible for this offer. You may receive more than one communication regarding this bonus offer with a reply-by-date of 02/28/13; however if you have already enrolled in this offer, no further action is required.

• Privacy
• Terms & Conditions
©2013 Citibank, N.A. All rights reserved.
Citi, Citibank, Citi with Arc Design, Citi Forward, and ThankYou are registered service marks of Citigroup, Inc.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Got this one too. 3rd quarter in a row. Easy 2500 points

dukerau (Jul. 02, 2013 @ 1:29p) |

hm.. anyone get a $0 membership fee on their aug statement?

'membership fee aug 13 - July 14 $0.00'
aug 2013 - july 2014?

yurgreat (Aug. 22, 2013 @ 6:34a) |

That shows up every year on my No AF Citi Cards.

dukerau (Aug. 22, 2013 @ 8:27a) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I got it too

Me too.

Max 2500. $625 spending.

2500 bonus points equals to $625 in purchase. I received a different promotion. It is for my citi professional card. 5x points on electronic and computer purchases.

got it too.

I'm not seeing it through website or email. For those finding it on their online account... was it under "Benefits and Services --> Limited Time Offers"?

I just received a similar offer on my Citi PremierPass Card, but for different categories. So if you have multiple cards with citi, check the Limited Offers for each account and card.

Earn 5 ThankYou Points per $1 spent on purchases, including dining, entertainment, groceries, shopping, travel and so much more, up to 2,500 additional points, through 03/31/13!*

* This offer starts within 4 business days of when you enroll and will end on 03/31/13. Earnings associated with this program will equal 4 bonus ThankYou Points per $1 spent on purchases and may overlap with other special offers in which you are currently enrolled. Bonus points awarded with this offer are subject to a cap of 2,500 additional points. Eligible purchases exclude balance transfers, cash advances, convenience checks, items returned for credit, fees and interest charges. All purchases must be posted during the promotion period. This promotional offer is non-transferrable and applies to the account ending in the last 4 digits referenced in this offer.

In order to qualify for this offer, the account must be open and current at all times. If your account is closed for any reason, including if you convert to another card product, you may no longer be eligible for this offer. You may receive more than one communication regarding this bonus offer with a reply-by-date of 02/28/13; however if you have already enrolled in this offer, no further action is required.

i only got the following offer:

Earn 5X ThankYou® Points on eligible travel purchases through 03/31/13.*

I have forward and pro, got nothing!

I got it as well!

Citi's constantly putting out offers like this. It's a nice benefit to having several dormant Citi Cards. The electronics promotion is nice if you can combine it with a BBY rewardzone promotion. Sometimes BBY will give you double or triple points if you spend above a certain level, so you can get around 10% back with that + the Citi bonus.

Offer on my TY card:
Earn 5 ThankYou Points per $1 spent on retail purchases at electronics and computer, clothing and accessory, toy and department stores. Earn up to 2,500 additional points, through 03/31/13!*

Got it as well - do keep in mind it's only up to 2500 bonus points, which, if my math serves me right is 2500 points / 4 points/$ = $625 worth of purchases for essentially 2.5 months ($250/month). You could potentially eat that up in gas alone

magicvash said:   Got it as well - do keep in mind it's only up to 2500 bonus points, which, if my math serves me right is 2500 points / 4 points/$ = $625 worth of purchases for essentially 2.5 months ($250/month). You could potentially eat that up in gas alone

But not bad if you combine it with other cards.
Chase Freedom this quarter is also 5% @ Gas Station

I got a 10x offer for my preferred card via email:

Get a head start on making this a more rewarding year with your Citi ThankYou® Card. Earn 10 ThankYou Points per $1 spent on things you buy every day at grocery stores, gas stations, restaurants and drugstores — even commuter transportation expenses. Earn up to 2,500 additional points, through 03/31/13!*

I got a similar deal for my Citi Universal Card. 5% Cash Back up to $25.

Got nothing on my professional

Got it on my Forward! YEAHHH!!!

I got this on my dormant (but no more!) Citi Dividend card, but with NO point limit during the promotion period. There was a notice that I could not earn more than $300 Cash Back in a calendar year.

How about Citi dividend ? I know the 1Q Cb offers, hoping could get something else too.

I got it as well. Had the card a little under a year. Around $150-300 monthly spend.

drdobro said:   I got this on my dormant (but no more!) Citi Dividend card, but with NO point limit during the promotion period. There was a notice that I could not earn more than $300 Cash Back in a calendar year.
are you sure you arent looking at the quarterly 5x categories?

citi 5%
Disclaimer
tajar96 said:   How about Citi dividend ? I know the 1Q Cb offers, hoping could get something else too.

I got the same offer on my Citi Dividend card for 5% on grocery, gas, Drugstore, and commuter expenses.

I got a similar offer on an unused CashReturns card. Except mine said "and everything else" after "dining, groceries, shopping, travel". So it's basically 5% back on the first $500 of purchases. Of course, then I have to come up with another $25 before I can cash it out since I think I need $50 to collect. What I don't like about Citi is that they tell you that the offer starts "within 4 business days". That means there is no way I'd try using it this weekend and find out that it was not active until Monday.

I got the deal through my email! Few clicks, it was easy!

edit: Got the deal on my Forward card.

So only citicard holders that provided their email address get these offers?

Got 3 AA miles per $ on Citi AAdvantage, upto $2500 spend:
Get a head start on making this a more rewarding year with your Citi® / AAdvantage® card. Earn 3 AAdvantage® miles per $1 spent on things you buy every day at grocery stores, gas stations, restaurants and drugstores — even commuter transportation expenses. That's 2 AAdvantage® bonus miles per $1 spent. Earn up to 2,500 AAdvantage® bonus miles, through 03/31/13.*

Only received this on my ThankYou premier card which I spend around $400 - $500 per month on. The offer was "Earn 5 ThankYou Points per $1 spent on retail purchases at electronics and computer, clothing and accessory, toy and department stores, up to 2,500 additional points, through 03/31/13!*"

These are pretty much the same categories they offered me on my ThankYou Preferred for last quarter. My other Citi Thankyou Premier and AA card which haven't seen any activity for about 5-6 months were not targeted.

Also, I did not receive an email or paper invitation for the offer but rather when I was checking my activity online, an image on the left side of activity page screen said "Enjoy a Special Offer for our ThankYou Card Members. For a short time only, bonus ThankYou points are waiting."

Hopefully you were targeted although I am not thrilled about my categories as I rarely spend anything in these categories during Q1.

no more 5% on Amazon??

titan01 said:   no more 5% on Amazon??

where did that come from?

I have a Citi Forward and I got no e-mails and it says that I have no limited time offers when I am in my account.

amac23 said:   I have a Citi Forward and I got no e-mails and it says that I have no limited time offers when I am in my account.

I didn't get it for either of my Citi Cards as well. I think it is because I use them as daily spenders, and the deal is to attract new business.

Edit: scratch that, I just checked online, and my Premier card has a 5x points for travel offer.
I had to log in and go to tools & services -> view special offers -> lifestyle & entertainment offers -> View more offers like this.

delete

Between my wife and I we have 6 Citi Credit cards with normal use on 3 of them. We received an offer on one of the cards we haven't used in years, so I think it's mostly for dormant cards.

breaux124 said:   Between my wife and I we have 6 Citi Credit cards with normal use on 3 of them. We received an offer on one of the cards we haven't used in years, so I think it's mostly for dormant cards.Opposite experience here: DW received the offer on her Forward card, which we use regularly at restaurants. On the other hand, she didn't receive the offer on her AA card, which has been in the sock drawer for some time. Go figure!

Question.
for those fortunate ones received email offer, can you also find it (the same offer) online, following the "special offer" link?

I have 4 Citi Cards, received no emails.
- Thankyou card (drawered) - no offers online
- Thankyou preferred (drawered) - offered 5x online.
- Thankyou premier (daily) - no offers online
- Forward (weekly) - no offers online

ETA: found offer online for my preferred card.

I received it on the Forward which I use all the time. I did not receive it on the TY cards which I never use.

Trying to search (still in process), did I previously see [in a different thread] correctly that gift cards purchased with Citi credit cards sometimes are charged as cash advances?

Pray tell, what do they mean by 'commuter expenses'...?

I ordered several hundred dollars worth of auto parts today.

Likewise, if I drive, I spend over $500/mo in gas, not to mention oil changes that seem to be all-too-frequent.

Lastly, I've been using mass transit for the last two weeks, to save a little given he above sentence.

Would train/subway/bus passes be included? Would car expenses as a whole?

Skipping 20 Messages...
yurgreat said:   hm.. anyone get a $0 membership fee on their aug statement?

'membership fee aug 13 - July 14 $0.00'
aug 2013 - july 2014?

That shows up every year on my No AF Citi Cards.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014