• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Logan71 said:   Pray tell, what do they mean by 'commuter expenses'...?

I ordered several hundred dollars worth of auto parts today.

Likewise, if I drive, I spend over $500/mo in gas, not to mention oil changes that seem to be all-too-frequent.

Lastly, I've been using mass transit for the last two weeks, to save a little given he above sentence.

Would train/subway/bus passes be included? Would car expenses as a whole?

Commuter transportation merchants are classified as merchants that provide mass passenger transportation including railways and buses, bridge and tunnel fees and temporary parking, but does not include the purchase of Amtrak tickets.

BrianGa said:   Max 2500. $625 spending.

That's barely one vanilla ice cream at my favorite Drugstore!

$625!

I also got it on the Forward card, and it's a card I use all the time - though only for restaurants, movies, and Amazon (places where I get 5 points). I already have a card that gives me 5% on gas and 3% on groceries, so I'll continue to use that card, though I guess it makes sense to use the Forward card at grocery stores now. An extra 2% is better than nothing.

imbatman said:   titan01 said:   no more 5% on Amazon??

where did that come from?

doesnt the forward give u 5% on Amazon?

titan01 said:   imbatman said:   titan01 said:   no more 5% on Amazon??

Yes, and it still does.

beatme said:   titan01 said:   imbatman said:   titan01 said:   no more 5% on Amazon??

Yes, and it still does.

hence my original disbelief and question.

I got it too.

Anybody know the category of "shopping"? How about internet shopping over the "Macy's.com"? Anyway that we can find out before using the card?

Would cabs/taxis count as a commuter expense? (New York City)

abracadaver said:   Would cabs/taxis count as a commuter expense? (New York City)

same question, anyone can answer it?

FYI - I called in to discuss my latest bill, and CSR mentioned they have a new promotion for the 5% at Supermarkets/Drug/Gas, up to 2500 bonus points, which starts 4/1/13 and expires 6/30/13. This is a separate offer you'll need to enroll in. YMMV - please report if this is available to your card when you call so we have some more data points.

I got this offer in the mail originally but lost it until last week, at which point it was expired. I called up to ask about promotions, and they gave me the same promotion as mistadeal, except starting immediately (not 4/1) and running to 6/30/13.

I called and received a promotion for apparel, home furnishings, department stores, and something else that I forgot to write down. 4x points until June 30th.

mistadeal said:   FYI - I called in to discuss my latest bill, and CSR mentioned they have a new promotion for the 5% at Supermarkets/Drug/Gas, up to 2500 bonus points, which starts 4/1/13 and expires 6/30/13. This is a separate offer you'll need to enroll in. YMMV - please report if this is available to your card when you call so we have some more data points.

Ever since i linked my Citi Forward to my ThankYou acct, i no longer see $100 WalMart gift card for 10,000 points
but i guess i'm going to use it next quarter for the 5% categories

I chatted online and was told a 5% promotion was available to me for all purchases up to 2500 points and separate from the normal 5% categories; when I called, I was told the promotion was only for 5% points at Home Depot, which is already covered by my Discover Card this quarter. Oh well; it was worth a try and I had another issue with a past purchase.

Got another one this morning.

Earn 5 ThankYou Points per $1 spent at grocery stores, gas stations and drugstores even commuter transportation expenses, up to 2,500 additional points, through 09/30/13!*

Got this one:

Earn 5 ThankYou Points per $1 spent on back-to-school purchases at clothing, electronics and computer, office supply and department stores. Earn up to 2,500 additional points, through 9/30/13.

tjguitar85 said:   Got another one this morning.

Earn 5 ThankYou Points per $1 spent at grocery stores, gas stations and drugstores even commuter transportation expenses, up to 2,500 additional points, through 09/30/13!*

Got this one too. 3rd quarter in a row. Easy 2500 points

hm.. anyone get a $0 membership fee on their aug statement?

'membership fee aug 13 - July 14 $0.00'
aug 2013 - july 2014?

yurgreat said:   hm.. anyone get a $0 membership fee on their aug statement?

'membership fee aug 13 - July 14 $0.00'
aug 2013 - july 2014?

That shows up every year on my No AF Citi Cards.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014