Health insurance for self employed

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Hi All,

What are best options for self employed people for healthcare insurance with family of 2 kids (4.5 and 2).
What are the checks which must be done with Health care company? It gets tricky when insurance companies send long booklets
which neither we can understad nor contest?Currently I have Core Med from Assurant Health for New Hampshire.
Normally we don't have many visits to doctors.Appreciate your input.

Thanks
Andy

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

My employer does not offer a group health plan (reimburse for individual plan). My wife, child and me are all on a HDHP-HSA plan with a 5K deductible, the monthly cost is $298. It works perfectly considering my reimbursement is more than twice the premium, the difference goes into our HSA. The plan is GoldenRule Insurance through United.

I'm not sure where the Original question is going? Do you mean legally or ethically?

Legally:
Does the wife have income? If not, legally divorce the wife. Get the kids and wife on Medicaid. And buy yourself some high deductible plan.

Ethically: Buy High deductible healthplans and/or go to sliding scale clinics.

try costco.com services section. They offer for self employed. Also ehealthinsurance is another way to apply for multiple places

try costco.com services section. They offer for self employed. Also ehealthinsurance is another way to apply for multiple places

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014