Move to Canada?

Archived From: Finance
  • Go to page :
  • 12 3
  • Text Only
olvrtw said:   Yea, for my trips to Niagara Falls, it was always pleasant going into Canada. But getting back home was a B%*(&$#. It seemed like the cars that were going into Canada were always better cars, BMW, Merc, Audi, VW, etc. The cars going into the US were always Honda, Pathfinder, Durangos, ricers, toyotas, etc... Always traffic to get back into the US, and the border stop always sucks with weird questions, invasion of privacy, etc etc.

Maybe Canada is unsafe. People go in with expensive cars, get robbed and come back with beaters?

TempName21 said:   on april 15 2011, the us government unsealed the indictment "united states v. scheinberg", and online poker companies stopped taking business from US customers. this scattered many professional poker players, as they pursued the ability to play poker on the internet by leaving the united states. i have spent roughly 90% of my time in 9 countries outside the US since april 15, 2011, and a significant amount of this time was spent in cities across ontario and quebec on tourist visas.

Same here. I've been to 11 countries since poker's Black Friday. I'm in Ontario now, and there are quite a few USA poker players in the city I'm living in.

USA aka "The Land of the Free" - such a joke.

Great "How I Met Your Mother" tonight.

Can/USA banking question:

If I have a Money Order in USD drawn from a Canadian bank, and then deposited into the USA at like BOA or Chase, will there be any fees, holds, or problems with depositing it?

ungar2000 said:   Can/USA banking question:

If I have a Money Order in USD drawn from a Canadian bank, and then deposited into the USA at like BOA or Chase, will there be any fees, holds, or problems with depositing it?
If the check is already in USD, there will be no fees when you deposit it in the US. Whether or not you'll have a hold will have to do with the amount of the check, your account type in the US and your US bank. It's just like any other out of state check that you deposit.

As for "problems," there is a good chance that you won't be able to feed it into an ATM (although it depends on the check and the ATM). Other than that, I can't think of anything else.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014