Payment Requested:
Payment Processed:
Lifetime Cash Back:

Move to Canada?

First page
1 of 10
olvrtw
1/20/13 1:27 PM
Today yahoo had an article with a list of the happiest countries. Norway was #1 Canada was #6, the US was #12. Maybe we can make a list of the Pros/Cons of moving to Canada from the US?
WikiPost
1/20/13 1:27 PM
BEEFjerKAY
1/20/13 1:30 PM
olvrtw said:   

Today yahoo had an article with a list of the happiest countries. Norway was #1 Canada was #6, the US was #12. Maybe we can make a list of the Pros/Cons of moving to Canada from the US?

Can we pool our CashBack to make this happen?
sharpie130
1/20/13 1:32 PM
don't let the door hit you on your way north
olvrtw
1/20/13 1:33 PM
I think the biggest con will be the colder weather... But lets try to focus more on the financial pros/cons...
SUCKISSTAPLES
1/20/13 1:41 PM
5-10 years ago there were definite pros of a better exchange rate and lower RE prices. I was considering buying there

Now the Canadian dollar is as much or more than the USD and Asian investors have driven the RE prices into the stratosphere in desirable cities like Vancouver and Toronto
ChumChurum
1/20/13 1:46 PM
olvrtw said:   

I vote let's NOT.
ChumChurum
1/20/13 1:47 PM
SUCKISSTAPLES said:   

5-10 years ago there were definite pros of a better exchange rate and lower RE prices. I was considering buying there

Now the Canadian dollar is as much or more than the USD and Asian investors have driven the RE prices into the stratosphere in desirable cities like Vancouver and Toronto

Well, let me ask you this. How can we benefit from the blooming (or existing) real estate bubble, say, in Toronto.

Too bad you can't short-sell RE like you can short-sell stocks. Maybe short-sell Canadian homebuilders and Canadian Banks?
SUCKISSTAPLES
1/20/13 1:55 PM
These Asian investors did not get 100% financing from Canadian banks

They usually pay all cash. So there will not be a banking /foreclosure crisis , they will just hold their properties during a downturn
hondo1978
1/20/13 2:21 PM
Very high tax, not just on income but also on goods and services which means high cost of living. Every time I go there, things just cost a lot more there in general.
First page
1 of 10
Please select a reason for your RED vote:

You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.