• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I have been using the AMEX reward gold card to run all my expenses through. I have been saving my points for airfare. I applied and was accepted for the united explorer card from the 50k promotion posted earlier. I need to decide on which card to keep to accrue points. I am leaning towards the United card, any thoughts?

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I think Chase Sapphire preferred is better if u wants to keep a card. it can transfer rewards points to several airlines.

I have all of these cards and second the sapphire vote - can transfer to United, Southwest or BA, or cash out 1:1

AMEX cannot do United, Delta or Southwest, and United Card can only do United...

Churn all for the sign up points (if you can) but keep the sapphire

I am sure the AMEX Reward has better rewards, United is only 50k after 1k spend. I would go with AMEX Reward.

The gold card is shinier.

I like the AMEX delta card and the chase sapphire... I us only these two.... AMEX is not taken everywhere so I use either or depending on the merchant

OP, suggest you go over to flyertalk and start reading.

Whole thing with cards is to get big bonuses and then get another card with another big bonus and repeat. If you don't understand that it is hard to get anywhere.

Suggest you immediately look into getting U.S. Air card, good bonus which will be AA miles soon. Also get Citibank AA card(s). Check Flyertalk threads for best deals on these cards or just look at some blogs such as http://millionmilesecrets.com/.

Keep in mind that Fat Wallet is not so much a place for frequent flyer mile earning info. Other sites as mentioned are specialized in this area.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014