• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Open a checking account
with direct deposit and
get $200

With a U.S. Bank checking account you get the freedom to bank where and when you want:

• Get the convenience of over 5000 U.S. Bank ATMs and 3000 branches.

• Pay your bills online and save on postage.

• Check your balance from your smartphone when you’re on the go.

• Bank anytime with 24/7 phone banking.

And it's easy to avoid paying monthly maintenance fees with direct deposit and other waiver options. Find out more now.

Offer expires March 31st, 2013.

Or stop by any branch, or call 855-236-7283.
Use Promotion Code CK0331YTextText when you open your checking account.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I'm in CA. I received the targeted mail and went to US bank branch to open a checking account.
Seems this offer is intend... (more)

SlowLoris (Feb. 05, 2013 @ 12:35p) |

if you dont mind can you send me the mail copy, scan it and send it......my US bank is saying even a copy of the mail wi... (more)

nishantmathur (Feb. 26, 2013 @ 6:06p) |

Can you fwd me that email? my US bank branch is saying that even a copy of the email would be fine for opening a new acc... (more)

nishantmathur (Feb. 26, 2013 @ 6:12p) |

  • Also categorized in:

Is this targeted offer?

I want to know too whether this a targeted offer. I know last time they had the $200 bonus, it was targeted. I am interested in opening an account to get additional bonus on the credit card Cash Back.

Yeah, I reccomend a pass on this one. US bank stiffed a few of us on the last 200 offer.

haha.. after fiasco..

does ACH count as DD?

okashiraaa said:   Yeah, I reccomend a pass on this one. US bank stiffed a few of us on the last 200 offer.

What happened? How did they stiff you?

Son-of-a...
I just opened an account yesterday.

vsaggu, where did you find this promo?
I'm looking for the terms and conditions.

Thanks

I applied with a $150 bonus last year. They had a hard inquiry on my equifax credit report. But the banker insisted that it was a soft inquiry. Also, they deposited only $100 instead of $150. They said that there was a same promotion at the same time. The bonus was $100. They mismatched. They still did not credit the extra $50 into my account nearly half a year later, though the banker claimed that they were investigating. I don't believe US bank. Too much hassle. If you really want to apply, keep a record for yourself of the promotion code at least for one year.

vsaggu said:   Open a checking account
with direct deposit and
get $200

With a U.S. Bank checking account you get the freedom to bank where and when you want:

• Get the convenience of over 5000 U.S. Bank ATMs and 3000 branches.

• Pay your bills online and save on postage.

• Check your balance from your smartphone when you’re on the go.

• Bank anytime with 24/7 phone banking.

And it's easy to avoid paying monthly maintenance fees with direct deposit and other waiver options. Find out more now.

Offer expires March 31st, 2013.

Or stop by any branch, or call 855-236-7283.
Use Promotion Code CK0331YTextText when you open your checking account.

is there a link? you have "text" but no link

erutio said:   okashiraaa said:   Yeah, I reccomend a pass on this one. US bank stiffed a few of us on the last 200 offer.

What happened? How did they stiff you?


Never deposited the $200. They claim the offer is targeted even though it's open to the public on the website.

EDIT: after 3 months, I just got the $200 today!

okashiraaa said:   erutio said:   okashiraaa said:   Yeah, I reccomend a pass on this one. US bank stiffed a few of us on the last 200 offer.

What happened? How did they stiff you?


Never deposited the $200. They claim the offer is targeted even though it's open to the public on the website.


I do not suggest this bonus for anyone that is expecting to get it automatically -- unless you received a specifically targeted mailer. Not worth the hassle of contacting them and hoping it might come.

Avoid USBANK.

U will NOT get your bonus. I assure you.

This is one of those banks that will make u climb Mt Everest to get your bonus and still your odds of getting it is SLIM to NONE.

I even have the targeted email.I am long time customer (loans/Credit Cards) and I am actively using the new checking account but they DON'T want to payout the $200 bonus.

US bank did have a previous targeted offer however, it was on a public website and after US Bank told everyone they were stiffed, they came back and made a statement that they would credit the bonus to all that met the terms... Here's the link to the other thread. http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1222364/

Shufflindoh said:   US bank did have a previous targeted offer however, it was on a public website and after US Bank told everyone they were stiffed, they came back and made a statement that they would credit the bonus to all that met the terms... Here's the link to the other thread. http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1222364/

Thanks for the note. I just checked and they did infact deposit $200 for me today.

01/24/13 Adjusted Interest $200.00

Wasn't there a suntrust bonus a while back where after some nudging executives and regulators the bonuses materialized? The trick is you need something documentary as to terms being offered to you at time of open.

Cross-linking to the previous offer:
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1222364/

So, are there a public link this time ?

Wrote to branch sort of driveable distance to see about this and never got a reply even by phone. Ditto the great USBank credit card. Sounds like another investment for The Lizard of Omaha, like Wells the worse the service the better the capital gains?

I had no problems getting the $150 targeted offer for opening a checking account. But, I did receive the actual invitation in the mail a few months after I opened the Cash+ credit card.

I got this offer in the mail today. It came in an 8.5"x11" envelope. During a mini app-o-rama back in September, I applied and was issued my first US Bank card. I have no other relationship to the bank. I'm going to go in to my local branch on Saturday, set up an account and ask if I can share the code with my brothers and sisters.

First step is a link to the terms and conditions so we can all read them.

can existing customer open a 2nd account with this offer?

iUSB said:   Is this targeted offer?

I received the same e-mail. It states it is targeted and can't be transfered.

SegaRob said:   is there a link? you have "text" but no link

No link. The link in e-mail take you to regular US Bank Checking account page.
I don't think anyone can get the bonus without fighting if you didn't receive the offer.

Term and Conditions:
1. A $25 minimum balance is required to open a U.S. Bank checking account. All regular account opening procedures apply. Earn your cash bonus by opening a new consumer checking account by March 31, 2013 and setting up a recurring direct deposit of at least $100 within 60 days of account opening. You must use your Promotion Code when you apply. Your bonus will be reported as interest earned on IRS Form 1099-INT and you are responsible for any applicable taxes. It will be credited to your new checking account within 6-8 weeks after direct deposit is established assuming account is open and in good standing. Offer may not be combined with any other cash bonus or marketing offers. One offer per household. Offer is not transferable. Other restrictions may apply. Deposit Products offered through U.S. Bank National Association, Member FDIC.

I second the warnings to stay away from US Bank. I pushed and pushed to no avail on the last $200 bonus offer.

OP - please add "Targeted" to the title.

Seems like USBank had learned from the previous mistakes and got away with a public page.

For all those who applied for the previous offers and didn't get anything - please read that thread (linked above); check your account, maybe you've got the money; complain if you didn't - USBank had acknowledged their mistake and is making good on the offer.

Overall I'd rate USBank's behavior as solid B : they made mistake, fixed it in future offers, made amends to the customers who applied before.

I don't have a US Bank branch near me but do have a bunch of ATMs nearby. Anyone know if I can "deposit" my application into their ATM?

^--- what do you mean?

i got the voucher. just wondering if paypal ach will count as dd?

Yep, it appears to be targeted. When the rep looked at my account, the offer popped right up. Sorry to those that didn't get it.

whodini said:   I don't have a US Bank branch near me but do have a bunch of ATMs nearby. Anyone know if I can "deposit" my application into their ATM?

This is one of the funniest things I've read on here.

So does anyone know if this promo only works for people who received the e-mail?

Also what state are you guys in? I wonder if it depends on the state or is it nationwide? I know it's YMMV but just trying to figure out if I can qualify for the bonus. Thanks guys

treepuppy said:   I wonder if it depends on the state or is it nationwide?

I believe so. It's sent to customers in their footprint. I'm in GA. No US Bank here, so no dice.

I have an existing account with US Bank. Can I open this offer?

I'm in CA. I received the targeted mail and went to US bank branch to open a checking account.
Seems this offer is intended for some US bank credit card customers. The banker showed me that code was automatically included for my application.

Actually I liked the bank, I think the bankers are friendlier than Bank of America for sure.

if you dont mind can you send me the mail copy, scan it and send it......my US bank is saying even a copy of the mail will work.

Can you fwd me that email? my US bank branch is saying that even a copy of the email would be fine for opening a new acct with $200 bonus.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014