• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
maxfleischer said:   Make sure you're paid fairly for services performed - you know, like writing a blog for a company that wants to use the content YOU provide for FREE to make money for themselves. Kind of a new spin on "pay your bills, deadbeat."You know, I actually wrote out a very intelligent and witty approach to this... then I realized it was so well done that I might as well use it myself at some point. Plus, the mods don't exactly do me any favors here.

ZenNUTS said:   Crazytree said:   Mine would be more entertaining. :pI would like to see CT rewrite his famous guide to gents club.The mods have decided that you are not mature enough for this type of content.

turtlebug said:   Hellavu protective suit! Your wrist is exposed!

Wrist hell! His weiner is hanging out!!!!

***Still not sure why he has a hot dog partially in his breast pocket, or why a protective suit would even have pockets... must be a Navy thing.

Just saying!
Nice Sikorksy Seahawk there...

And sorry, we are not going to spoonfeed you. Go back into FWF and read (re-read) EVERY single thread, then plagarize to your heart's content!!!

Hi MardsenFubar!

We saw your message and sent you a PM! Please let us know if you are interested via email. Thanks

I don't have to have someone from FWF write it, but it thought it would be a neat thing to have someone from our community do it. Anyway, here were my thoughts for the outline, and any input on what is missing, or what needs to be removed would be helpful/appreciated.

I am open to ideas, but something along these lines:

Intro to how confusing starting to save for your financial future appears to be, itís not all that bad, and how to cut through the confusion.

What are solid investments non-savvy people can do: Ideas = 401k, Roth 401k, IRA, Roth IRA, index funds, mutual funds, Loading up your HSA account for future medical, etc.

Expectations on fees, and charges- Flat rate, front load, no load, back load, normal costs for managing funds, what to look for in bad funds, etc.

Differences in what care takers of investments are: set it and forget it investments many fidelity 401ks, very actively managed funds like Hanlon managed funds, middle of the road funds like Blackrock mutual funds (i'm and just taking a stab at this part)

What insurances are out there (yes I know they are not an investment vehicle persay), and what ones make sense to purchase, and at what points in your investment strategy should you look at them. (term, universal, whole, long term care)

Then using the above information, build out a path to follow based on your age group.

20-30 investing- How aggressive should you be here, and where should you focus your money?
30-40 investing- How aggressive should you be here, and where should you focus your money?
40-50 investing- How aggressive should you be here, and where should you focus your money?
50-65 investing- How aggressive should you be here, and where should you focus your money?

Conclusion/Closing

Like I said, it's not an advance lay out, but something the average joe could do/start. The objective really is to just make people away of how important it is to save for retirement, and help someone who wants to, but doesn't know where to start (which imo is a LOT of people). As you know, i'm not a financial wiz, but I have a grasp of the basics, but I don't know enough to fully write it out with confidence that is would include everything I needed. I could have gone with Dave Ramsey, but I felt I would get better/different advice from the resources here. Hence why I am humbly asking this forum for help.

ellory said:   MarsdenFubar said:   Hi all,

We are looking to do a in-depth article for our blog on what steps the average joe needs to know/do to reach financial freedom in retirement. You all know a heck of a lot more about this subject, than we do, so we figured we would ask you first. If anyone is interested, and has a knack for writing feel free to shoot me a PM for more details. *puts on protective suit*
This is FWF

What are you paying?

A super ultra rare FW Schwag box, and if you have a blog, we'll mention it, and link to it from the article.

LordB said:   You probably should have made an alt to ask this.

Meh, I have been around long enough to know that in FWF you may get your butt handed to you, and if you are not a know it all, and respect the wisdom here, you will pull some of the best information on the intrawebs out of it. An alt would not stop either of those scenarios.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014