• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
My home is paid off and I'd like to refinance with a large cash out ($417K). There will still be more than 20% equity remaining. Do lenders still do those types of loans at competitive rates? If so, who? - Thanks

Member Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Look at a PenFed Home Equity Loan.

yes, they exist
fha to 85%
conventional to 85%
home equity- varies a lot

let me know if any other Q's

I'm looking to do the same. Best I've found locally at a broker for cash out refi is 3.5% no pts / no fees for 80% LTV.

Penfed has 3.25% with 0.75pts and some fees. Anybody found better?

How long? Penfed has a no cost 5 year 1.99 HEL.

I want a 30 fixed rate.

Before you do it I hope you realize that the interest will not be tax deductible. We had a client do this on a paid off second home and ended up with 20k a year in unusable mortgage interest.

I have two paid off house in New Orleans trying to do the same thing but some one waste my time now I don't
Know who to do it with in New Orleans help!!!!!!

awstick said:   Before you do it I hope you realize that the interest will not be tax deductible. We had a client do this on a paid off second home and ended up with 20k a year in unusable mortgage interest.

Are you a tax advisor? Note this is not a 2nd home. OP doesn't mention proceeds to be used for home improvement, so we can assume that's not in play -- sounds like a true cash-out-refi. I believe OP should at least get deducts on $100K of the principal, no matter how it's used, right?

Suggest this TurboTax article and/or Pub 936.

Aside: anybody know a way to structure a sale to self of the property so as to facilitate bona fide 100% purchase financing on what otherwise would be a cash out?

Yes they do cash outs with good credit.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014