• Go to page :
  • 12 3
  • Text Only
Kanosh said:   No lawyer can guarantee a judicial outcome; my understanding is that it is unethical to claim to do so.
Sorry about the ticket but I don't see any way out of this except paying it.

To "guarantee" something doesn't mean that it will absolutely happen, a guarantee means that if it doesn't happen you will do something else to make up for it. For example if you guarantee someone else's loan by cosigning, you will pay the loan if they don't pay it.

I presume that in this lawyer's case the guarantee means that if the laywer doesn't get the judicial outcome, you don't have to pay him for trying. I don't see anything unethical about this.

kenyanboy said:   Is there an option to get points waived if you take a remedial class? If yes, then there are online classes you can take. Not in NJ unless you get lots of points.

Harksaw said:   Kanosh said:   No lawyer can guarantee a judicial outcome; my understanding is that it is unethical to claim to do so.
Sorry about the ticket but I don't see any way out of this except paying it.

To "guarantee" something doesn't mean that it will absolutely happen, a guarantee means that if it doesn't happen you will do something else to make up for it. For example if you guarantee someone else's loan by cosigning, you will pay the loan if they don't pay it.

I presume that in this lawyer's case the guarantee means that if the laywer doesn't get the judicial outcome, you don't have to pay him for trying. I don't see anything unethical about this.
I understand all that and I don't care about paying the fine however it is the NJ POINTS that I am concerned with.

Cannonball Run
Disclaimer
JaxFL said:   

I recently got 2 tickets 24hrs apart. One for 88 (IL) and another for 84 (GA).

Cannonball Run?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014