My Second AOR- please help

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I started my 2nd AOR this morning (first was May 2012). Here is the plan and the results thus far:

Chase Slate- approved
Chase Marriott Rewards Premier- approved
AMEX Hilton Honors- approved
Citi Hilton Honors- approved
Citi Forward- called in to apply, no decision over phone
Priceline Visa- approved
BOA Hawaiian Air Card- approved
Discover It- approved
LMCU Checking- approved
First Financial Bank Kasasa Checking- approved

Let me know if you have any advice on:
1. How to apply for Chase Marriott when their system seems to have recognized I already applied for one Chase card today
2. How to apply for Citi Forward when their link isn't working
3. Any tips besides the normal plan for when I call reconsideration lines on Chase and Discover this morning

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

1. clear your cookies, use a different browser, use inprivate browsing
2. find a new link
3. I've never successfully reconsidered Discover (one applied for one card ever). For chase - it depends. Do you have any other chase cards?

Thanks.

I was able to apply for Chase Marriott Premier at work. That one is now pending as well.

I have tried several Citi Forward links and none seem to work. I either get "Offer Expired" or "A system error has caused a delay in processing your application. Please try again later." I'll keep looking today, but if anyone has a link that still works I would really appreciate it if you would send it to me.

For Chase, I have 3 cards and a hefty overall CL with them (I think at least 50k). I'm willing to rearrange the lines to open these cards(closing down my 2 SW cards after this AOR anyway). What I have heard is to 1) only talk about one card at a time when calling reconsideration, and 2) offer to move part of my lines from other cards if they don't seem willing to give me the card.

agree with 1) and 2) regarding Chase. But, they still don't like 2 personal cards at once (i've only done it once, when they were my first 2 Chase cards ever), so don't count on getting the Marriott card and Slate. Pick the one you want the most, and try to get that one.

Forward- weird. I don't find a working link either. Maybe try calling that app in?

Thanks imbatman.

I applied for Citi Forward over the phone. They asked a lot of questions about my status as a student, and I wasn't sure what to say since I am graduated. I am auditing free online classes, but am not enrolled in the school, so I may get denied if they check with the school on my enrollment status.

Citi HHonors was approved (updated in OP), and I will be calling reconsideration for the Chase and Discover cards on my next break today.

Alright, everything was approved with the exception of the Citi Forward- they didn't give me a decision over the phone.

I did close out 3 of my old lines in order to open these- 2 Chase SW cards, and 1 Discover card. I was ok with that as I was going to close them anyway after this AOR.

Just an update on this. I'm still waiting to hear from First Financial, and the Citi Forward was declined.

The Forward application was not even reviewed until a day or 2 later- I called in a few times on Monday to try to discuss the application, and they couldn't even find it in their system. I guess if you do a phone app it must not show up in their system right away.

When I called the reconsideration line, the operator told me they can't even try to open the account if another app has been reviewed in the past 65 days. Thus, she couldn't even try to move around a credit line in order to get me the card.

Darn- I guess I'll have to try to buy Amazon Kindle cards at my local Ralphs on my Citi Thank You Preferred in order to get 5% on Amazon...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014