Bank of The West $150 checking bonus

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Bonus linky

"Bank of the West products are offered to the residents of the states of Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin, and Wyoming."

$250 DD per month, for $100
10x 3 debit card purchase per month for $50

Member Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Darn, I guess Illinois isn't west enough.

It says, "Direct deposit must be payroll, Social Security, pension or other government benefits." Do bank to bank ACH transfers qualify?

kevmo314 said:   Darn, I guess Illinois isn't west enough.

Not sure how they changed but their earlier offer a couple of years ago allowed more states not in the current list !

DD might be tough to get qualified for ..

in the past, ach transfer worked... haven't tried for a while on them though

Does anyone know if they do a Hard or Soft pull on your Credit Report ?

Hard pull; has to be governmental or payroll after tax DD as California Boosters they hate capitalist deposits. Note Bear symbol--not a good one in the equity market. Must keep large balance to avoid service charges. Not available to those previously having checking account. T and C need to be read until you understand every word or else!

CC deposit?

all over it thanks op

Chat with Bank of the West Rep

"When you complete an application we do a credit inquiry with Experian."

"Unfortunately I do not want to give you the wrong information all I know is that we do a credit inquiry with Experian."

Maybe this is obvious, but I would assume that a direct deposit of your tax refund would count as a, "payroll, Social Security, pension or other government benefits?" Seems like a pretty simple way to boost your tax return a little bit assuming that would qualify.

over a year ago i did one with them. used ach from ing and another bank, don't know which one or both worked. got the bonus... don't remember if it was a hard pull. i think it's a soft...

anyone knows if it's a hard pull this time?

kevmo314 said:   Darn, I guess Illinois isn't west enough.
... and yet Wisconsin is west enough.

And as the other poster said, a few years ago, Bank of the West had its offer open to more states. I'm in Illinois and was able to open an account and get a bonus.

CreakyWallet said:   Maybe this is obvious, but I would assume that a direct deposit of your tax refund would count as a, "payroll, Social Security, pension or other government benefits?" Seems like a pretty simple way to boost your tax return a little bit assuming that would qualify.

Sovereign Bank claimed a tax refund does not count when I did it with them, because it was not recurring. I know it's a different bank, but just giving people a heads up.

A couple years back, this was my experience:

- No CC funding allowed.
- No hard pull on opening.
- ACH from Schwab counted as DD.

Could be completely different now.

TrentSteel said:   A couple years back, this was my experience:

- No CC funding allowed.
- No hard pull on opening.
- ACH from Schwab counted as DD.

Could be completely different now.

that was the same as my previous experience. i am most concerned about the credit pull... anyone who has done it can share if it's a hard or soft?

i vaguely remember as long as you don't ask for overdraft protection, there shouldn't be a hard one...

Just verified through a supervisor that they do a hard inquiry through Experian.

Applied online. We shall see if ACH DD works this time, too!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.