• Go to page :
  • 123 4
  • Text Only
DamnoIT said:   Crazytree said:   My scumbag neighbors haven't had plates on their BMW for over a year. Even had them ticketed a few times... they just go pay the $25 inspection fee, come home and take the plates off... before they go and steal everyone's mail and get arrested with blank credit cards.

Buy bananna, put in tailpipe, repeat.

Only in Beverly Hills Cop.
In real life, get a fresh firm potato, and hammer it in.

b534202 said:   Squeezer99 said:   How can you get your Passat back if they already sold it to an old lady?

She probably took the car back instead of signing a new contract like a dumas.
Alexandre Dumas?

computerquest said:   tmwilkin said:   That is their out....your out is ]here's your keys back. They will not want to do that though because I doubt in your state they can sell it new...here in Indiana I think they have 72 hours (pretty sure on this one) to unwind a sale with the state and still call it new.
I think the "right of rescission" on a contract is different than what the dealership is trying to pull. Last time I read a car contract there was verbage at the bottom with a financing and mistakes contingency (if we messed up or can't get you the rate we promised, we can rewrite the deal). A lot of people think when they drive off the lot with a financing "contract," the deal is done, but lots of dealers have not even begun the process of actually getting the financing arranged.
In Indiana (and other places) I have the impression that a car can be classified as "new" until the title has been transferred to the 1st owner. Since the car sounds like it has not been fully registered yet (only temp tags), it may be possible for the stealership to unwind the deal.

In this situation op has received plates and registration confirming the lease did get approved , and the lease is showing up on the vw credit website

The problem the OP is facing right now lies in the credit drop caused by the dealer not paying off his former car. Sure he can go and get his car back, but if he decides to get another deal elsewhere he's going to have a lot more trouble securing financing with the 615 credit score. He's going to have to have the ding removed before moving forward.

suezyque said:   The problem the OP is facing right now lies in the credit drop caused by the dealer not paying off his former car. Sure he can go and get his car back, but if he decides to get another deal elsewhere he's going to have a lot more trouble securing financing with the 615 credit score. He's going to have to have the ding removed before moving forward.
Right
That's why the letters need to go to DMV
Vw credit
And vw corporate
To make sure this dealer refusal to timely payoff the old lease doesn't harm op

SUCKISSTAPLES said:   computerquest said:   tmwilkin said:   That is their out....your out is ]here's your keys back. They will not want to do that though because I doubt in your state they can sell it new...here in Indiana I think they have 72 hours (pretty sure on this one) to unwind a sale with the state and still call it new.
I think the "right of rescission" on a contract is different than what the dealership is trying to pull. Last time I read a car contract there was verbage at the bottom with a financing and mistakes contingency (if we messed up or can't get you the rate we promised, we can rewrite the deal). A lot of people think when they drive off the lot with a financing "contract," the deal is done, but lots of dealers have not even begun the process of actually getting the financing arranged.
In Indiana (and other places) I have the impression that a car can be classified as "new" until the title has been transferred to the 1st owner. Since the car sounds like it has not been fully registered yet (only temp tags), it may be possible for the stealership to unwind the deal.

In this situation op has received plates and registration confirming the lease did get approved , and the lease is showing up on the vw credit website

I thought he only had temp tags. Since he has the plates, he needs to focus on what he needs to do to get either his car paid off by the dealership per the agreement or turn in the new lease. IMHO the credit score is a problem, but only in theory. The reality is that he probably should not be buying anything on credit and instead focus on financially educating himself.

Interesting how we seem to assume the OP is a guy...

*Sigh* What a cluster****. Glad my dear M5 is PIF. Hope it lasts 5 more years!

kiasuchick said:   *Sigh* What a cluster****. Glad my dear M5 is PIF. Hope it lasts 5 more years!
M5?

As in the 500hp v10 m5?

Pics !!!

suezyque said:   The problem the OP is facing right now lies in the credit drop caused by the dealer not paying off his former car. Sure he can go and get his car back, but if he decides to get another deal elsewhere he's going to have a lot more trouble securing financing with the 615 credit score. He's going to have to have the ding removed before moving forward.

I would assume that this is actual harm to the OP due to violation of the contract.

surfsidebeach said:   Your message reminded me of my first attempt to buy a new car (and my ONLY attempt on a lease)... I had decided on a loaded up 1999 Miata ann'y edition... Got a very nice lease offer. Decided to buy it -- took my dad with for a test drive, then went in to do the paperwork.. the lease amount all of a sudden went up around $50/month -- and they couldn't give me a good answer. Walked out of there very fast (and ended up BUYING a new car using CarsDirect.com less than a year later... that was an awesome experience... after completing everything with them, I walked into the dealership and got in my car and left.) In fact, I just had a very similar experience buying a new car last week using PenFed's buying service to get 0.49% and below invoice pricing on a hard to find Veloster Turbo...

/oh and to OP... get your old car back per the voicemail and start over using the buying tricks on this website. Probably would be best to wait until you are not upside down though.

gamevader said:   Call their bluff and tell them you want the Passat back. Tell them you'll be in tonight to pick it up, and then do not answer your phone. Show up at the dealership, and if they won't return your Passat, insist on the Tiguan S for either the original price, or a better price. If the contract you originally signed doesn't bind them, it doesn't commit you either.

Can't believe that slimy dealerships still use this trick (first encountered it 28 years ago, and prevailed).

Doesn't mean anything shady was going on though, the National "lease offer" pricing never includes TTL. Leases do not have to break down what goes into CAP (capitalization) costs for a vehicle in the contract. (you generally have to request it in writing) So the dealer doesn't see it either, they have to ask the bank to break it down as well.

They SHOULD have been able to tell approximately, though. It would go up more than $50 a month here in Texas - our taxes are high at inception.

Glitch99 said:   So you've been driving around for 7 weeks without plates? I thought the temp dealer tags were only good for 30 days, tops.

6 months in California. http://www.theatlanticwire.com/technology/2011/10/how-steve-jobs...

This guy was convicted for selling 6 trucks to a borderline retarded person Link.
And now he's a general manager at a big dealership in Boston Link

computerquest said:   depalma13 said:   So when will Volkswagon start advertising this "Sign Than Drive Than Sign Again" sales event?
The Germans would spell their own name correctly; then they would think about it.

Even with the bad spelling and bad grammar, it was still pretty darn funny!

vholic said:   This guy was convicted for selling 6 trucks to a borderline retarded person Link.

OT. I went to Herb Chambers Honda in Boston when I lived there for a short time. Worst service ever, both in the Service and Sales departments. Compared to them, the Honda dealers in Tampa Bay are golden!

vholic said:   This guy was convicted for selling 6 trucks to a borderline retarded person Link.

Nellon received a trade-in allowance of $5,876 on the truck he had bought the day before for $14,625.They do say that vehicles depreciate significantly as soon as you drive them off the lot!

No status updates from the op?

Really curious as to how this played out.

Pdragon79 said:   No status updates from the op?

I was just thinking the same thread. There seem to be a lot of these kinds of threads, and it sure is annoying how often they go unresolved (from the reader's standpoint, at least). Usually those threads are started from a new user (or new ID); this one was from a longtime FW member.

A search for recent posts from the OP shows one from just a few days ago (in a different topic).

yoregano said:   Pdragon79 said:   No status updates from the op?

I was just thinking the same thread. There seem to be a lot of these kinds of threads, and it sure is annoying how often they go unresolved (from the reader's standpoint, at least). Usually those threads are started from a new user (or new ID); this one was from a longtime FW member.

A search for recent posts from the OP shows one from just a few days ago (in a different topic).

10 bucks says he/she is now leasing a 2013 Touareg S for $869/mo for 144 months.

http://dmv.ca.gov/pubs/brochures/fast_facts/ffvr35.htm
I think that this portion may be relevant "Auto Financing Fee Caps

If a dealer obtains financing on your behalf, the dealer compensation from an institution financing the purchase of a vehicle is limited to no more than:
2 percent of the purchase amount for contracts with a term of more than 60 months; or
2.5 percent of the purchase amount for contracts with a term of 60 months or less."

Maths not my best suit, kindly explain the ever increasing amount due...the number of months of the lease appeared to change...

OP, what are the specs for your vehicle?
I contacted the dealer(that you leased)and got a quote for purchase.
Some information regarding you inquiry
Show Details
"Hi Jeff,

Thank you for your interest in the 2013 Volkswagen Tiguan! I would be happy to provide you with a quote on that vehicle as well as a couple similar models on hand. We will be contacting you shortly to discuss your interest and provide you with some additional information:

MSRP:$26,105.00
Your Special CardinaleWay VW Internet Pricing: $23,780.00*
2013 Volkswagen Tiguan 2WD 4dr Auto S *Ltd Avail*

Internet Price: $26,105
VIN: WVGAV7AX4DW543392
Stock: V5049
Style: 2WD Sport Utility Vehicles
Engine:
Transmission: 6-Speed A/T"

Jeff, here are a couple additional vehicle options that may interest you:
Your Special CardinaleWay VW Internet Pricing: $25,580.00*
2013 Volkswagen Tiguan 2WD 4dr Auto S w/Sunroof

Internet Price: $27,905 (MSRP)
VIN: WVGAV3AX7DW575908
Stock: V5111
Style: 2WD Sport Utility Vehicles
Engine:
Transmission: 6-Speed A/
For a quick quote click here http://www.vwcorona.com/QuickQuoteForm zip code is 92882

see http://www.navyfederalautobuying.com/new_cars/buildvehicle.aspx?...

also see
2013 Volkswagen Tiguan
SE 4Motion

Exterior: White Gold Metallic
Interior: Black
Stock# O3527100
VIN# WVGBV7AX0DW527100
$30,550*

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014